PDA

View Full Version : Discharge at ovulation?

threelittlebears
April 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Ladies, well I haven't posted in awhile as I felt like all my questions were getting a bit repetitive...lol! However, I have been keeping up to date with how everyone is going and I've noticed a few successful girl sways lately...woohoo!

So, I have been taking vitex for 3 cycles now and the first 2 were all over the place in length and ovulation timing. I feel like this cycle things have settled down a bit more and after Atomic's advice I stopped vitex at day 10 so I will ovulate, as last cycle I was getting positive OPK's for days on end when I kept taking the vitex. I know I ovulated last night which is CD13 as I have been using OPK's and I had my regular pain. Last night though, whenever I went to the loo there was a brown discharge. This only happened 3 times and then was gone and coincided with the pain. This has never happened to me before and was just wondering if it may be breakthrough bleeding after stopping vitex. I have been on this forum long enough to know it's not implantation, but wondering what else it could be?

Thanks for any advice Ladies!

Justine.

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2012, 11:43 PM
It's not breakthrough bleeding if you ovulate, it's ovulation spotting OR is coming from your cervix which can get very soft and easily injured at ovulation. Vitex does seem to contribute to this for some people (as does cran and aspirin if you're taking one of them). It's perfectly normal and something most women experience now and then - some women have it every month.

Breakthrough bleeding happens when you haven't ovulated for a really long time.

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2012, 11:45 PM
It's not breakthrough bleeding if you ovulate, it's ovulation spotting OR is coming from your cervix which can get very soft and easily injured at ovulation. Vitex does seem to contribute to this for some people (as does cran and aspirin if you're taking one of them). It's perfectly normal and something most women experience now and then - some women have it every month.

Breakthrough bleeding happens when you haven't ovulated for a really long time.