PDA

View Full Version : Dr p question regarding contraception before pgd.

3simmos
April 23rd, 2012, 10:49 PM
I have three boys with the last being three months old and wasn't a planned pregnancy. I am planning to come to Hrc from Australia in September or October 2013 but I don't want to risk the chance of falling pregnant. I haven't discussed pgd with my obstetrician yet but he suggested I get an iud instead of the pill which do you recommend? If any do they have any effect on the ivf process my other three pregnancies have being conceived naturally and I and my husband are both 30. Thanks for your help

Sparky
April 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hi 3simmos, sorry to but in on the feed but i have had a similar experience and got an IUD put in and then had to have it removed for some of the pre tests. So i would recommend going on the pill. Goodluck xx

3simmos
April 24th, 2012, 07:11 AM
No worries at all thanks for the advice

Dr. Potter
May 2nd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hi 3simmos, sorry to but in on the feed but i have had a similar experience and got an IUD put in and then had to have it removed for some of the pre tests. So i would recommend going on the pill. Goodluck xxagree

Dr. Potter
May 2nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
I have three boys with the last being three months old and wasn't a planned pregnancy. I am planning to come to Hrc from Australia in September or October 2013 but I don't want to risk the chance of falling pregnant. I haven't discussed pgd with my obstetrician yet but he suggested I get an iud instead of the pill which do you recommend? If any do they have any effect on the ivf process my other three pregnancies have being conceived naturally and I and my husband are both 30. Thanks for your helpThe pill would be best if you have a choice