PDA

View Full Version : So Tired Of Cold Uncaring Doctors!

Butterfly Spirit
April 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM
So I went in to my clinic to see my old doc who is a wonderful lady and then they tell me that my doc's last month was in Feb. She was just amazing, so I was sad. They said I could see a doctor or a nurse practitioner. I chose the doctor. So I'm sitting there and he comes in the room with the longest face I've EVER seen a doctor pull at first meeting..so there were several seconds of awkward silence because I was just in shock!
Then he says "So what can I do for you?" and I go on to explain my situation. He says "Well, bleeding can be common in early pregnancy but more like spotting not what you're doing." "And sometimes bleeding is normal and othere times it can mean a miscarriage.." And he stops and his face forms into a smile. I shit you not, I was PISSED! So..." *gesture arms out*.. with pleasure, it's hard to tell."
Then he tells me to get up on the table and he listened to my heart. Really I could tell he was enjoying looking down my shirt ( and I wore the wrong shirt bearing cleavage, so looking down he saw even more, and I could tell he was enjoying it because he let out a sigh of pleasure and while I was there said "You know, most clinics won't see you until after the first trimester" and pulled another smile. I made sure he was going to do the right blood test, the quanitive one. Anyways I went off to the lab to get poked. I was SO Glad to get away from Mr. Cold, and no bedside manner, delighted in people's pain type of doc! Then at the lab, things didn't go any better. I HATE when the phlebotomist won't listen to me when I say "do this vein, not that one" She chose "that one" and spent like 3 mins filling it up!
After getting poked I went back and asked him to get me a scipt for phenegrine for my morning sickness -He did. So that's the only good thing he did do!
So I'm just a jumble of emotions right now, and a bad clinic visit was THE LAST thing I needed. I won't be going back!
My bleeding is like brown and light at this point.. I'm praying and praying just HOPING my baby has made it. I'm so freaking nervous! I've never gone through this sort of thing.

I do have an idea though.. maybe my supplements are causing the bleeding because I didn't take them and there was no fresh blood. So I don't know what to do, take just a piece of each one in the am and then call it good even stretch it like 2 days? I'm so nervous to keep it up!

Please pray for me ladies if you can, I've never ever experienced a loss, so I am just terrified at this point. I'm trying to be calm and breathe normally, but it's just NOT Easy! :tissue:

Aside from this, I read online that there is no point retesting to see if the line gets darker because it won't necessarily mean a higher hcg level.. I'm thinking that's false! :(
My line was darker and without FMU because I'm been peeing like no tmw Also eating every 2 hours because I'm starving and drinking A LOT. I take these to be good signs. I really really hope that they are.

ThroughWithBlue
April 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I'll be praying for you! I just wanted to say I have had my fair share of rude/cold/PERV doctors, my husband is military I swear the military doctors have no souls. I have been told I was having a miscarriage with my first, yet nobody could get me an appt to see if I was actually miscarrying or not and we were about to PCS to japan (I wasn't miscarrying in the end). My second I was bleeding bright red blood and was told oh you are miscarrying, it's really common, come in Monday for a blood draw to be sure your HCG count is zero then walked out of the room. I wasn't miscarrying that time either. I don't know why some doctors get off on giving bad news. Just so you know I have bled before, and it was quite a bit, bright red no brown blood, with cramping and DS2 is healthy as can be.

Yuzu
April 24th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Some doctors seem to have the cold, uncaring gene. I had one tell me, "nice t*ts." I was young at the time and I could not think of anything to say. Nowadays I would have had his license. You're right not to put up with their bunk.

I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully the bleeding is nothing at all.

Butterfly Spirit
April 24th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Thanks sweet ladies for helping put my mind at ease, I think that doctors that don't know how to treat their patients should lose their license because how can you trust them to care for you if they don't care about you?! I went into see a OB/GYN because I was having problems. Symptoms of uterine fibroids or whatever and anyways he was barbaric! He pushed REALLY hard down on my uterus, and enjoyed playing with my breasts while my husband watched. To this day I am SO lucky my reproductive organs weren't damaged. I tried to see another doc in that clinic, and told them my story but they said the doc had this office policy that if one didn't work out you couldn't see another one there! I was just livid! They did it to cover their own asses!

Through with blue I'm sorry you had such a hard time with your pregnancies. That is awful and I'm SO happy things went well. Did you rub it in their faces afterwards? I hope so! We as patients need to speak up about our bad experiences. And it takes courage!

Yuzi, I'm so sorry sweetie, I can't imagine how you must have felt being so young and not knowing what the hell. What a perve! He deserves a good smacking, and God only knows how many women he's abused since you. :(

I'm struggling with what I'm going to do for prenatal care with this pregnancy, because I don't even have an OB and my last one that delivered DS#2 was an ass when I delievered. I had a nightmare with pitosin and he couldn't of cared less. I might just call and complain AFTER that doc calls with my bloodwork, and then I won't go back again.

Good news is: My bleeding is gone and what's replaced it is a smear of light brown every time I get up to pee. I am just praying hard, and God knows what's going to happen to this little one, and I can tell he's letting me know that my supplements are causing my baby harm and need to stop NOW. I'm going to get docs opinions tomorrow. I guess it's all too much for my body to handle. Two flinstone sour gummies and extra folic is how I've handled every pregnancy but add that to my other supplements and I think it's just too much! I feel at peace that it's what I need to do, so that's what I will do and just BE greatful and happy that I conceived after trying for almost a yr with a VERY uncooperative partener. It was not easy! I just feel this is my princess, so I will be FIGHTING for her!

Butterfly Spirit
April 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Well ladies, I finally got a call from my clinic. I harassed them as soon as they opened! haha it took like 6 hours but I was on top of it, I barely slept last night!

So when the nurse called me, DH was listening intently because that was the confirmation that I was indeed pregnant! He was somehow hoping that the line was just there and that it was a fluke! The nurse was more concerned about my thyroid than my HCG and said the doc wanted me to come in today and talk to me about it… That worried me a bit..
So when I got there I wasn't excited to see him but decided that I would smile at him and be happy since this was VERY important.
So he shows me the sheet from the labs and my TSH was sky high (thyroid stimulating hormone) was screaming at my thyroid to produce more hormone! This is am extremely important thing that must be in balance in your bodies ladies. If you have never been tested for it, and you can also be Hyperthyroid meaning your body produces too much hormone! I highly recommend you all get tested just because, and especially while TTC. Because if you get pregnant and your thyroid is too high for example, it can cause birth defects and miscarriage!
When I was 19 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I have to take a pill daily to stimulate my thyroid.. it controls so much in our bodies.. even metabolism, so if you are depressed and are having issues losing weight, your thyroid just may be the culprit! I went to the doc trying to figure out why I wasn't losing weight.
And he told me my thyroid might be low. It ended up being dangerously LOW!

So anyway to my doc today I explained that I had been shaky, anxious, panicky, and unable to even breathe that well, and wasn't sleeping that well either. And he goes " well the good news is, you'll be feeling better soon!" I was thinking (OH so you do care! lmao)

I asked him if my baby was in danger and he said no, your levels are just where they should be for 4 weeks pregnant! And explained that "There can be many reasons for bleeding to occur, and of course MC can always happen, I don't want to scare you, but I don't want to lie to you either."

He smiled at inappropriate times and listened to my heart again and such but I don't care, that's just his arrogant personality. All I care is MY BABY IS FINE!!!! And My light brown smears are less and almost gone! It's just old blood.

SO YAY!!!! I think I'm gonna be just fine!!!! :D

It's such a relief ladies, I'm SO happy!!! Maybe the bleeding is a good indicator that this pregnancy is "different" because it is a SHE not a HE!

I have to add one more thing that I just noticed..he reffered me to that same doctor that pushed REALLY hard on my uterus that I discussed in this thread... I guess they really are two peas in the same pod!

Myloves
April 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Thank goodness your baby is fine!! :cheer: That doctor sounds like real pain!

Myloves
April 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM

coocoobananas
April 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
So are you getting your thyroid taking care of immediately?! glad to hear you have good nbers for 4 weeks:)

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM
So are you getting your thyroid taking care of immediately?! glad to hear you have good nbers for 4 weeks:)

Yes mam! I will take 100mg in an hour here! My doc tested my thyroid last year and it was too low, but she didn't up my dose.. so I decided to take double! So 50 mg wan't even enough! I have to separate them from my prenatals by at least 4 hours or the thyroid pill won't work. Yikes, I can't forget right now! I WISH I knew this was the sole cause of my bleeding, then I wouldn't freak out anymore!

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 12:40 AM

He is, but I will thank the Lord for him just incase he saved my baby's life by calling me back into the office and giving me such a high dose, because takes several weeks to fully work! I've never been on anything higher than 50, so this ought to be interesting! I'm greatful though because It's crucial in pregnancy to have a balanced thyroid!

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 01:11 AM

I'm such an idiot, I didn't ask what they were.. he just told me they are RIGHT where they should be!