PDA

View Full Version : Hashimotos

wannahealthybaby
April 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Does having Hashimotos affect my chance of a successful cycle? I have it under control with the use of sythroid.

Butterfly Spirit
April 24th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Does having Hashimotos affect my chance of a successful cycle? I have it under control with the use of sythroid.

Hi wannahealthybaby, I too have a thyroid condition. Mine is hypothyroidism, and ironically I just posted about it in my uncaring cold doc thread. I really do think that my condition was part of me not being able to conceive for almost a year. Just keep taking your medication and keep your levels where they should be. :)

purpledream
April 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
No, it does not as long as you keep your levels low. I've had Hashimoto's and hypo for a very long time now and I've been able to get pregnant and get a very good number of eggs in both my IVF cycles.

Dr. Potter
May 1st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Does having Hashimotos affect my chance of a successful cycle? I have it under control with the use of sythroid.Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease where your immune system attacks and destroys the thyroid gland. In most cases, adequate replacement of thyroid hormone with synthroid will be all that is needed and your prognosis with IVF will be the same as for non-Hashimoto's patients. There are a small number of Hashimoto's patients that also make antibodies that attack and destroy the follicles in the ovary. The would be evidenced by elevated day three FSH levels. Fortunately, this is not common.