PDA

View Full Version : women shown to have more daughters during famines

atomic sagebrush
April 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hungry mothers give birth to more daughters : Nature News & Comment (http://www.nature.com/news/hungry-mothers-give-birth-to-more-daughters-1.10331)

Here's a new study that seems to support Trivers Willard.

HopefulMonster
October 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
URGH that is actually really depressing it says that the people who did the study say that "the analysis also gives an insight into the time required to trigger the effect — about a year at minimum, he says."

A YEAR minimum!!! Let's hope that isn't right!

OneLastDream
October 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Am worried now that I wasn't hungry enough!!!! Am hungry in morning the most! Definitely haven't been for a year though!!! Great article - thanks!

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
URGH that is actually really depressing it says that the people who did the study say that "the analysis also gives an insight into the time required to trigger the effect — about a year at minimum, he says."

A YEAR minimum!!! Let's hope that isn't right!

It's not. we're seeing results with much shorter time periods and on IG there were women who swayed for 2 years and still got opposites. In fact, I'd be worried trying to diet for that long because I would be concerned your body would adjust to the diet and it wouldn't sway any more.

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Am worried now that I wasn't hungry enough!!!! Am hungry in morning the most! Definitely haven't been for a year though!!! Great article - thanks!

Remember though, it CAN'T be that hard to get a girl because most women do it totally on accident at least once in their lives without even trying. You don't need to starve yourself and be miserable to get a baby girl - otherwise everyone in the 1st world where if anything, we're overfed, would be having way way way more boys and yet it's still 50-50.