PDA

View Full Version : Told boy at 12wks- girl at 20wks!

kpmum
April 29th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Just thought I would share- for those of u that have been told at ur 12 week u/s u were having a boy (and ttc girl) my friend was told boy at her 12 week scan- there was a alleged boy nub there only to have girl confirmed at her 20 scan! I thought this might help give some hope to some of u ladies as it does happen!

TTC5
April 29th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Are you able to share the nub pic? x

kpmum
April 29th, 2012, 05:55 AM
I will ask her. I'm not sure if she has a pic but saw it on the video. I'll ask her though x

Butterfly Spirit
April 29th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Are you able to share the nub pic? x

There she goes... There she goes again!!!!

TTC5
April 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM
There she goes... There she goes again!!!! :bigsmile:

HAHAHA

*runs and hides*

Butterfly Spirit
April 29th, 2012, 06:18 AM
HAHAHA

*runs and hides*

TTC5
April 29th, 2012, 06:23 AM
LMAO you crack me up!!!!!!

Milybaby
April 29th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Yes it does happen! My sister was told last week at 13weeks it was a girl, I hope it's right cause she really want a girl!!!

Milybaby
April 29th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Yes it does happen! My sister was told last week at 13weeks it was a girl, I hope it's right cause she really want a girl!!!
wants ;)

Butterfly Spirit
April 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
wants ;)

Sweetie, you can edit your post at anytime.. I mean.. I would know, I only change it like 10 times before I am happy with it!!! :rofl:

Zivic-Bubac
April 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM
I'm feeding my denial with wrong u/s stories :p Gimme more!!!! :p

cemas
May 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM
are u told girl Zivic?
me too ...hopingfor a DS

Zivic-Bubac
May 2nd, 2012, 05:02 AM
are u told girl Zivic?
me too ..
Hey, nice to hear from you Cemas! :)
Yes, I was told girl at my 12 weeks and 15 weeks scan. I feel really miserable. Thinking about HT for No. 4, should have done it in the first place.

How far along are you?

cemas
May 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Hey, nice to hear from you Cemas! :)
Yes, I was told girl at my 12 weeks and 15 weeks scan. I feel really miserable. Thinking about HT for No. 4, should have done it in the first place.

How far along are you?

Hi Zivic, Don't see u much on the ttc blue grads...neeways congrats on being pregnant. 12 and 15 weeks is not very accurate. so u have a better chance. did u have the 20 week one yet?
i was told at my 19 week. Abt HT , i tried that too, but it did not work for us.....so i have come to believe that its finally destiny. only divine intervention can work for me now......and i am hoping praying.....but am ok with a healthy baby at this point.
i am 33 weeks along.....

MatildaMai
May 5th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I know 2 people (one was my bridesmaid and a really close friend) both told they were having girls all through their pregnancies. Both gave birth to boys. I can remember my friend's call so clearly - the baby came a few weeks early as she had a bleed from the placenta so it was all very dramatic and then to have a boy when she'd been told girl over and over.... I could barely understand a word my friend was saying she was crying so hard - it was such a shock. She wanted me to bring a couple of blue onesies to the hospital and take away all the pink stuff she had brought with her.

KnockYourBallsOff
May 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I was told girl w/ DS2 up until 30 weeks when I went to a 3d place and he was ALL BOY!

Zivic-Bubac
May 11th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I was told girl w/ DS2 up until 30 weeks when I went to a 3d place and he was ALL BOY!
I'm hoping for that kind of surprise :pray:

bluedreams
May 13th, 2012, 10:43 PM

How long ago did this happen?

starsky
May 23rd, 2012, 05:11 AM
that is so cool

WantALittleBlue
May 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
My cousin was told boy at her 12 weeks scan and now at her 19 weeks scan told girl 90%, the doctor said the baby wasn't positioned properly at the 12 weeks scan, only difference is they were hoping for a boy.

fivebabies
May 31st, 2012, 01:47 PM
I was told 100% girl at 18 weeks and then boy at 22 weeks. That was baby #4.

lisvna
June 24th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I hoping for a girl (I'm 13 weeks pregnant after HT and put back 2xx and 2xy; long story hihihihi ) 1 tech guess was girl the other one is convinced boy. Everybody around me thinks girl (they do not know about my girl wish and they do not know I did HT). Our son of 2 and a half year is convinced there is a girl baby in my belly. He don't want to hear its a boy he is very convinced its a girl. I hope we will have such a miracle.......

kpmum
July 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I hoping for a girl (I'm 13 weeks pregnant after HT and put back 2xx and 2xy; long story hihihihi ) 1 tech guess was girl the other one is convinced boy. Everybody around me thinks girl (they do not know about my girl wish and they do not know I did HT). Our son of 2 and a half year is convinced there is a girl baby in my belly. He don't want to hear its a boy he is very convinced its a girl. I hope we will have such a miracle.......
Another woman I know was also told boy at 12weeks but found out a girl at 20 weeks. My Ds2 was confirmed at 12 weeks but it was very obvious. I say it's 50/50 unless it's very obvious which sounds like urs isn't. Good luck- after everything u have been through I hope u get ur DD but if it's another precious boy just think how wonderful it will be for ur son to have a brother. Although he says he wants a sister I think there is something special about brothers xxx

macmeter
November 29th, 2012, 12:36 AM
i have been told in u/s twin girls at week 17, can it be wrong in regards to gender ...

ELP
November 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM
i have been told in u/s twin girls at week 17, can it be wrong in regards to gender ...

mac, if you can post what videos and scan pics youve got from 12 weeks onwards we can have a look for you:)

atomic sagebrush
November 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM

These are really the one in a million type stories...most of the time the ultrasound is correct.

The further along in pregnancy you are, the less likely it is that they're mistaken. I would feel pretty good about a 17 week ultrasound being accurate. Good luck, I hope you get what you want.

kpmum
December 11th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Yes, at 17 weeks the gender is a lot easier to identify. I know 2 women who were told boys but subsequently had girls but these women's were told boys at the 12-13 week mark. Good luck with ur pregnancy x

xokatietatie
April 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I really needed to see this!! I had an ultrasound the other day (just over 13 weeks) and the tech guessed boy. She did say the cord was between baby's legs and that we shouldn't go buy anything blue yet, but it was still crushing!!! Reading this thread has renewed my hope a little.

Alyssasmom789
April 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM
So hoping and praying the tech was wrong....said girlni had just turned 16 weeks....I can't just can't believe it :/ denial or instinct...? Witb DD1 I was told boy up to 28 weeks and she's all girl....very girly actually