PDA

View Full Version : Utterly Confused and Overwhelmed!

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
OK...so decided to go back to IG after a 2 year break as I am now ready to TTC#3 in July. I was over there getting my plan together and was wondering where in the heck everybody went. Then, I came over here to find that swaying has changed since 2009 when I had a failed sway with DS2.

So, I have found links to posts, but I am very confused and overwhelmed! What supplements should I be taking? I have read about Vitex and thought that caused more twins? I started calcium, magnesium, SP, B6, and acidophilius supps, but now I am wondering is this all wrong?

And for the diet, it seems that no one is following a high calcium diet either and is focusing on low protein/low calorie? HELP!!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
April 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I took Vitex, calcium, magnesium, and B-50 complex. DH took cranberry, calcium and magnesium
I didn't restrict my meat and..
I also made sure to drink a ton of vid d milk and lots of yogurt. :)
I didn't have caffeine.
I just did what I felt was right for me.

Here's my sway:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/10102-%7E%2Abutterfly-spirits-pink-sway%2A%7E.html

I'm going to let Atomic step in now. lol

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM
OK! So I should drop B6, Acidophilus, and add baby asprin and vitex. I wonder if I should stop Saw Palmetto too? Does Vitex increase chance of having twins? For some reason I was thinking it did...

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I really think doing everything opposite is the key. I was never in shape or very active when TTC #1 or 2 and now I am trying to do 30 min of cardio 6 days a week and intake more calcium b/c I have never been big on this in the past. How much vitex did you take?

Butterfly Spirit
April 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
OK! So I should drop B6, Acidophilus, and add baby asprin and vitex. I wonder if I should stop Saw Palmetto too? Does Vitex increase chance of having twins? For some reason I was thinking it did...

I had B6 in my B50 complex, but Atomic will probably suggest to drop it.
I am prob the only one here that was brave enough to do b-50 complex haha it has them ALL!
Yes do the baby asprin and definitely do the vitex. If you feel good about exercising do it!
Here are the links to what I used. I got the RepHresh at Walmart though to avoid shipping on amazon.

Vitex: http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Vitex-Chaste-Capsules/dp/B001E101L2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335819852&sr=8-2-fkmr1

SYLK lube:http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Personal-Lubricant-Double-Health/dp/B001E0WK44/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335819887&sr=1-1

RepHresh:http://www.amazon.com/RepHresh-Vaginal-Gel-Prefilled-Applicators/dp/B0011WYO26/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335819927&sr=1-1

Also note you can edit your post at any time to add things to it ;)

And yes mam, Vitex can make twins, as it is a fertility supplement.

Here's my adventure with it: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/9558-vitex-time.html

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT FROM AF-FIRST + OPK
I didn't. LOL

Atomic wrote this great thread here you will want to check out:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hi NC and welcome!

Swaying hasn't changed per se, it is more that there is a second approach available now and that's what we're looking into here. They still do things the IG way on IG. Some people on this site do things more of an IG/FGD way and some people do the Low-Everything diet. You can read about what the differences are in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7507-ig-vs-gd-swaying-whats-difference-who-atomic-sagebrush-anyway.html I personally believe IG/FGD sways only because it's a very restrictive diet and nothing at all to do with cal-mag-sod-pot levels. But it is up to each individual to decide what makes the most sense to them - some people have had success doing things the IG way.

You can read the case against calcium and swaying here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html (three part essay, with links at the end of the first part to the other two. The discussions after the essays, esp. the third one, are also interesting.) Several of us have conceived girls taking absolutely no cal-mag whatsoever, often after having failed IG sways where we were taking high cal-mag and eating IG diet. Our stats are equal to and may even be better than IG (80% so far).

The standard supps I usually advise people to take are vitex 800 mg AF- day before O (vitex actually sways pink, it's not just for twinning altho that may be slightly increased on vitex, it's not increased by much!!), SP 320 mg AF-day before O, acidophilus or other probiotic throughout the cycle, baby aspirin 2-5 times a week, aspartame 2-3 servings a day and no more, and fiber supplement with meals containing a lot of fat. Also, everyone TTC should take folic acid, and since many of us are eating a lower nutrient diet, many people opt to take a slightly higher dose of 1200-1600 mcg.

Please let me know what you're confused on and I can straighten it out for you. I promise that everything that I recommend makes sense with itself and does not contradict itself, even tho it does not always agree with Ingender or the French Gender Diet and I always have logical reasons and science to back up the things I say. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I really think doing everything opposite is the key. I was never in shape or very active when TTC #1 or 2 and now I am trying to do 30 min of cardio 6 days a week and intake more calcium b/c I have never been big on this in the past. How much vitex did you take?

PLEASE, i beg you, do not go off of what one person, who has not even found out the gender of their baby, chose to do. There are studies and evidence covering hundreds of people and you need to look at the big picture and then make up your own mind what you feel in your heart and gut will work for you. Check out the Add Your Sway section and you can read about several people who did not take cal, mag, B6, etc and still conceived girls even after failed IG sways. Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/) Vitex may increase odds of twinning slightly but virtually everyone on here is taking it and we haven't had tons of twins.
(ps - the girl who is having twins in the sway section, was on Clomid!!)

Unfortunately, you can't just do everythign opposite because you have no way of knowing if those things are even what GOT you boys to begin with. If you got boys because your eating habits and lifestyle were boy-friendly, calcium may have had absolultely nothing to do with that. Every failed IG sway out there, people were taking tons of cal-mag - it is not a magic bullet for pink in any way.

If you didn't lose weight on the Atkins diet, the answer is not, "well I should do the opposite then" and start eating massive amounts of candy and cake and expect to lose weight. Sometimes doing the opposite (or what FEELS like the opposite) is actually worse than what you were doing to begin with. You have to understand the reasons of why you're having boys, because otherwise you may end up spending tons of effort changing things that weren't even swaying much if at all, while ignoring the elephant in the room that is actually swaying blue. You can change a ton of things and not change the things that matter, and that's not going to help you conceive a little girl.

Please read this for a thorough explanation of how exercise sways - you may want to increase your time spent exercising. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Thank you so much! The supplements were really confusing me so that is very helpful! I will definitely check your links and let you know if I have any questions. I also think part of the reason I have boys is DH. He is a huge workout buff and has very high testosterone and there really isn't much I can do about it...I don't think!

I did sway on IG, but I never did a very good sway with supplements and all. I really focused just on timing..which I screwed up and DTD just before O (with the big O and not in missionary position). I am going to try to do things very different this time!

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
AS-what is it about vitex that could slightly increase the chance of twins? I ended up taking 1200 mg a day this month. OH no!...lol

Since vitex can slightly inhibit estrogen, your body may compensate by making more estrogen to compensate. More estrogen = more twins. Same way Clomid works - surpresses estrogen and your body compensates by making extra.

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Thank you so much! The supplements were really confusing me so that is very helpful! I will definitely check your links and let you know if I have any questions. I also think part of the reason I have boys is DH. He is a huge workout buff and has very high testosterone and there really isn't much I can do about it...I don't think!

I did sway on IG, but I never did a very good sway with supplements and all. I really focused just on timing..which I screwed up and DTD just before O (with the big O and not in missionary position). I am going to try to do things very different this time!

Don't hate me...but timing doesn't sway either!! :p http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html I have 3 of 4 boys conceived with Shettles cutoffs and then got my girl BD the day before O LOL.

Frequency of intercourse CAN sway (so abstain/frequent BD can sway pink) and you can read about that in these essays (sorry i know I'm inundating you here!!!)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/5636-frequency-bd-pink-blue.html
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/10156-jellybean-factory-%96-understanding-sperm-count-frequency.html
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/9736-how-many-attempts-should-i-do-when-pink-blue.html

Butterfly Spirit
April 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
PLEASE, i beg you, do not go off of what one person, who has not even found out the gender of their baby, chose to do. There are studies and evidence covering hundreds of people and you need to look at the big picture and then make up your own mind what you feel in your heart and gut will work for you. Check out the Add Your Sway section and you can read about several people who did not take cal, mag, B6, etc and still conceived girls even after failed IG sways. Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/) Vitex may increase odds of twinning slightly but virtually everyone on here is taking it and we haven't had tons of twins.
(ps - the girl who is having twins in the sway section, was on Clomid!!)

Unfortunately, you can't just do everythign opposite because you have no way of knowing if those things are even what GOT you boys to begin with. If you got boys because your eating habits and lifestyle were boy-friendly, calcium may have had absolultely nothing to do with that. Every failed IG sway out there, people were taking tons of cal-mag - it is not a magic bullet for pink in any way.

If you didn't lose weight on the Atkins diet, the answer is not, "well I should do the opposite then" and start eating massive amounts of candy and cake and expect to lose weight. Sometimes doing the opposite (or what FEELS like the opposite) is actually worse than what you were doing to begin with. You have to understand the reasons of why you're having boys, because otherwise you may end up spending tons of effort changing things that weren't even swaying much if at all, while ignoring the elephant in the room that is actually swaying blue. You can change a ton of things and not change the things that matter, and that's not going to help you conceive a little girl.

Please read this for a thorough explanation of how exercise sways - you may want to increase your time spent exercising. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html

I already mentioned the Trouble With Timing, and I didn't tell her to make sure she should do exactly what I did. I said "I did what I felt was right for me" All I said was my supplements and lubes and have her take a look at my sway and in my sway with my diet I said "most of you won't agree with it" So please stop making me sound like some misguided idiot that is giving the totally wrong info. That hurts actually, and it upsets me.
I've seen you shoot down things I've said before and I don't know why you do it.

There is no concrete way to sway pink.

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Thank you both for responding to my post. I do like looking at what has worked for others and hearing what supplements, etc. ppl are taking. I think I have boys for all of the things I DON'T know or do right. LOL!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
April 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
You are welcome NC, I hope you find the way that works for you. Stressing just raises testosterone.

pebmcpd7
April 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Good Luck NC it is overwhelming when you first look at it all, but there is a great bunch of girls on here that help!!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I already mentioned the Trouble With Timing, and I didn't tell her to make sure she should do exactly what I did. I said "I did what I felt was right for me" All I said was my supplements and lubes and have her take a look at my sway and in my sway with my diet I said "most of you won't agree with it" So please stop making me sound like some misguided idiot that is giving the totally wrong info. That hurts actually, and it upsets me.
I've seen you shoot down things I've said before and I don't know why you do it.

There is no concrete way to sway pink.

I'm not trying to shoot you down at all Butterfly, but you just have a way of putting things that seems very definitive and supports the status quo, and I feel like I must reply somewhat strongly to explain that I disagree and why in no uncertain terms. It's really not against you personally, it's because if don't, people (like new members who are coming from IG and have no way of knowing the reasons for any of this) get the wrong impression and get started off on the wrong foot from the first minute. It really, really is not against you personally, you seem like a very nice woman, and I am sorry because I am sure it comes off that way at times.

I"ve seen it happen so many times on IG and on this site too from time to time, that one person posts what they did or what they think worked for them and all of a sudden, dozens of people give up good sways and decide they're going to do that too on the basis of nothing otehr than one person's post. Others, who are already pg and didn't do whatever-it-is, then panic and everyone's freaking out and then I have to deal with every single one of them. One innocent post that takes one of you guys a minute to write, can end up being hours of work for me. Sometimes people just catch me when I'm tired or have just answered a bunch of posts and I'm more short-tempered about it than I really should be and I am sorry for that.

I just really want everyone to get their DG with every fiber of my being. I'm not doing this because I like to hear myself talk or because I'm a know-it-all who always has to be right because I'd change my tune tomorrow if I had believable evidence pointing the opposite direction. I really DO think some, perhaps even most, of the IG/FGD info is wrong and can cause opposites. I really DO think there is a concrete way to sway pink and it's not the IG way. If I didn't think there was a better way to sway, I wouldn't waste my time doing this, I'd let Tamara do all the work and tell people to do FGD, KWIM? I already have to take on and argue against every scrap of swaying info on the entire Internet, I just can't leave it sit unanswered here on the site as well because that only makes my task that much harder.

I can't be as understanding or tolerant of alternate viewpoints as I probably should be, because the entire Internet is already telling people exactly what you're saying. I'm just one person and since I can't argue against everyone, I can't tolerate anything. I have to answer every single thing that comes up definitively, because otherwise it will be a tsunami of timing, douching, and cal-mag and it will totally overwhelm me.

As it is, I spend hours on here that I prob. should be spending with my family or on my housework, or working to make the site better. Writing just one of those essays takes me 3-6 hours. I literally do not have time to go thru and argue with dozens of people who get a wrong idea about something - I need to have a life outside of this site. I cannot argue every point anew with every new person that shows up. I end up having to spend hours and hours in arguments as it is because 99.9% of all other sources are all saying one thing - if I start giving the traditional swaying info equal credence on this site, it's going to take over, and that is a losing game for me. I hope that someday in the relatively near future, the info is going to take on a life of its own, other people will start promoting it, and I can relax and concentrate on my family and improving the site itself...posting the studies, the cookbook, etc...the things I enjoy so much more than quibbling over cal-mag. But that day isn't here yet and if I start letting info I disagree with, be presented on the same footing with the info I believe to be accurate, it never will be, because one person can't stand up to the entire Internet.

I have put in so much effort and love into this - I don't want to see it all fall apart. I don't want to have to do this forever... I CAN'T do it forever...but I don't want the effort I did, to be completely wasted and lost, either. I'm really sorry that your feelings were hurt but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from and why I sort of have to be more of a b--- than I would prefer.

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
After reading the post about timing, I REALLY feel that DH is more of the boy maker with his high testosterone and all. My new plan is to ditch the O+12 and go for FR with DH releasing 2 times a day, than once a day, 2 times a day, than once a day,etc from Day 7 onward. Does this plan seem OK? If I did do this, would I do every release as an attempt or just wait until closer to O day - like once I got a + OPK?

Exercising is a little harder b/c I HAVE to get in shape if I want to feel good about myself. What if I worked out like I am and followed the girl diet and then stopped in a month? I am expected to O early July as it is now, but SP could change that!

bythestream
April 30th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Best of luck with your sway, do you think your DH would take licorice root? this might help lower his testosterone.

NCBeachyGrl
April 30th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I really wish he would, but it has taken him 10 years to get to where he is with his body and I just can't ask him to lower testosterone. I really feel good about doing FR days CD 4-11 and BD day 12 and 13, assuming O day is on CD 14. With DS2, I got so discouraged about the cut off and FR that I gave up on it. This way feels so much more possible than a cutoff or O+12. I never could get PG the IG way and this makes SO much more sense.

I think a big key here too is my pH. I ordered my strips and they should be here this week. I really am interested to see where I am. Sorry for TMI,but I have always been "very dry" and a lube user since DS1. Maybe this will be in my favor.

Thanks to everyone for replying. I am sure it is a hard task to erase the old IG ways of doing things. I already feel more hopeful of getting PG while swaying. Really, I have come to a good place that it doesn't matter if I get a boy or a girl. I would love a girl, but I really just want to get PG.