PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the big day!

ThreeLittleCritters
April 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
The big gender scan is tomorrow. One minute I'm totally calm and at peace and the next I'm freaking out. I'm expecting to hear that it's a boy because our nub shot got all boy guesses. But there's still that last little tiny bit of hope that's making things difficult. DH isn't convinced that it's going to be a boy and somehow that makes it harder for me. My ultrasound is at 8:30 tomorrow morning so at least I won't have to wait all day. We can go ahead and get it over with. Maybe I'll be able to go do some shopping. Retail therapy usually helps me with GD. And I want to come up with a cute way to tell the boys that they'll have a new brother. Even if I'm not very excited to hear boy, I think they will be. Making it special for them will help me feel better too.

I'm totally dreading all of the comments that we'll get. I know they're coming and I truly think that's the worst part. I made the mistake of putting it on FB that our scan is tomorrow. One lady commented "I hope it's a girl. It must be rough being the only female in the house." So annoying. Then another lady said that she hopes its a girl so that my Dad can finally have a granddaughter to dote on. Yeah, I wanted that too. But it probably won't happen (at least not from me. My brother might be able to help him out). I get soooo defensive at people's stupid comments that I probably over do it in trying to convince them that I'm perfectly happy with boys. I really need to come up with some witty comebacks. But I guess that comments are just something that I'll have to deal with for a while.

I'm just ready to officially know that it's a boy so that we can move on. All of the waiting and guessing is worse than just knowing that it's another boy. We make cute little guys and there's no doubt that #4 will be the same. I'll love him and be happy. There will be bad days for GD (especially around Easter and Christmas. Those holidays always make my GD worse). But as long as there are more good days than bad I'll be ok.

Mochagirl
April 30th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Good luck tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you! :luck:

Cinss
April 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Best of luck, i hope you hear girl xxx

fun family
April 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I know when I heard ds #4 was a boy, I totally dreaded the comments. I hated how disappointed everyone looked when I told them it was another boy. :( Even though I was sad for a few days too, I still loved my little guy and hated how everyone acted like my pregnancy wasn't exciting since it was "just another boy." The "nice" comments I got were like, "at least you don't have to spend $$ on new clothes!" or "at least you know what you are doing with boys!"

My son #4 is an absolute joy, my sweetest baby, and brings such light to my life. I am planning on trying HT but if it doesn't work, I'm so glad I have my 4 amazing, wonderful boys.

Myloves
April 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Good luck with your scan tomorrow :luck:. :pray: that you get a girl, but I hope you feel happy whatever gender you hear :awe:.

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Good luck!!!

Hobbermittens
April 30th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Good luck tomorrow. For what it's worth, I always wanted 4 boys--it was my dream family make up. I think it sounds wonderful! I met someone with 4 boys the other day and I should have told her how lucky I thought she was, but I couldn't figure out how to work it into the conversation.

Yuzu
May 1st, 2012, 12:14 AM
Good luck with your scan tomorrow! I'll be facing the same thing in the upcoming weeks, and I have the same feelings that you do.

Another princess
May 1st, 2012, 04:35 AM
Goodluck! Fx u hear girl x

Indira
May 1st, 2012, 04:45 AM
Good luck tomorrow, I hope you hear girl and that you' re going to enjoy seeing your baby either way :luck:

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:05 AM

No matter what, it's VERY exciting!!! :)

ThreeLittleCritters
May 1st, 2012, 08:26 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! This morning I am feeling great and so excited. Our 2 older boys are really hoping to hear that it's another little brother and with all of their excitement I can't help but feel the same way. No matter what, today is going to be a great day! I'll update after the scan! :)

toomanyboys
May 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
oh gosh.....i am soooooooo exctied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....sending you all healthy and happy baby dust....and esp pink baby dust!!!! dozen's of FX for you.....

auroara78
May 1st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Love your attitude, can't wait to hear the results, and I understand totally...that was my biggest thing before I knew what this baby was...I worried that a boy 3 just would not be celebrated, and I would love him with my whole heart, and being a protective momma the thought of him not celebrated hurt me....I think it's great your older boys are excited and I hope the ultrasound went well!

begonia
May 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
FX you have a great scan and enjoy seeing your baby, regardless of what you hear about gender :bigsmile:

fivebabies
May 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM
Awe, your cute boys! Good luck at your scan!!!

RedCanoe
May 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM
GL at the scan!

fun family
May 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Stalking to see what the u/s revealed--hope its a healthy baby either way! You'll love a fourth little guy.

OnlyPraying
May 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Goodluck Goodluck!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/_paperbag/STALKING.gif

Wishing4Princess
May 1st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Good luck! hope it's a pink bean for you:)

Irishmom
May 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM

I have everything crossed for you for tomorrow.:fx:you hear :DD: xx

ThreeLittleCritters
May 1st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting! It's been a busy day! But it's safe to say that it's boy #4! He looks healthy and happy. He's got some long skinny legs! Of course part of me is sad that we officially won't be having a daughter, but I'm excited about THIS baby too. My other boys are happy. When I picked up our oldest from school I had a blue "It's a boy" balloon waiting for him in the car. He thought that was neat and his face was priceless. But he totally surprised me and said "Can the next baby please be a girl? I really really want a sister." That's the only time that I teared up today. If he keeps at it we may end up going for #5 after all. Hahaha. And the comments today have been really great. Nothing negative at all. Lots of people seem truly excited for us. Even though we didn't get the gender we were hoping for, I'm still pretty happy and looking forward to this little guy joining our family. Now we need to pick a name! I've used up all of my favorite boy names so I'm sort of lost with this one! :)

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Awww, congrats! You are so lucky! 4 boys will be so awesome. :)

And what about the name Gavin? I always loved that one.

Myloves
May 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
Congrats on your fourth boy. :o He will be very much loved by his brothers. :awe:

Cinss
May 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Your positive attitude is admirable. Congratulations on your healthy baby. I am sure he will be a star.

How about a unisex name like Ashley, Chayse or Riley.

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM

I was just thinking today that I am so HAPPY I have a little one on the way, and I truly would be just smitten with another little boy!! I feel so very blessed at this point and have a feeling of peace that my baby will make it!
I mean I would just be IN LOVE with him. Boys are just so much fun! Two are even better and if I had a third. I really would be okay with it. I expressed my feelings to my hubby today and he said "Well I think it's a GIRL!" haha that's the first time he's spoken up on the subject. Those boys are just going to love being a band of brothers!
Congratulations!!! And Baby boys just LOVE their mamas!!!!

And I LOVE IT!!!!! :D

ThreeLittleCritters
May 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
Some pictures from today!:)

http://i50.tinypic.com/2b2mg8.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/9toj2r.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2isfimh.jpg

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Your positive attitude is admirable. Congratulations on your healthy baby. I am sure he will be a star.

How about a unisex name like Ashley, Chayse or Riley.

I like Chase! :)

ThreeLittleCritters
May 1st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Awww, congrats! You are so lucky! 4 boys will be so awesome. :)

And what about the name Gavin? I always loved that one.

I LOVE the name Gavin but this girl I went to high school with just had a baby boy that she named Gavin and I'd feel like I was copying her. But I'm not even friends with her. I haven't seen her in years and probably won't so I could use Gavin and it probably wouldn't be weird. I sort of like Garrett. It's similar to Gavin and we don't know any Garrett's. DH isn't crazy about it but he's not too difficult to convince with names.

Mochagirl
May 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM
Congrats on another adorable little guy :HH:

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
how about Landen or Landon?

I grew up with a Skyler and I've never heard that name again..

Myloves
May 1st, 2012, 09:02 PM
Skyler is pretty common where I live... along with Tyler. I liked Butterfuly's suggestion - Landon.

OnlyPraying
May 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/skitzzyskittles/Comments/Its-A-Boy-Congratulations.jpg

:D :D :D

fivebabies
May 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
Congrats on the healthy baby boy!!!

Yuzu
May 2nd, 2012, 04:36 AM
Oh, he does have long legs! What a precious cutie! Your attitude is really inspiring; it makes me feel I can really face my scan with a good attitude.:Flower:

toomanyboys
May 2nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
awwwww.....congrats...such a cuty......:) he is adorable.....:)

zanacal
May 2nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Congratulations on your baby boy, he does have long legs doesn't he?! Love your attitude :D

cape grace
May 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
good luck - will be thinking of you

LolaInLove
May 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Look at those adorable legs!!! Congrats on your sweet little man! I think four boys is wonderful!!!!

Flava
May 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Congrats on your baby boy !:celebrate: he is very cute already!
I also said with #4 last baby , no way we have another ect and Im having #5. you just never know.
And I see so many others posting the same but then they say maybe 1 more ,or even planing another sway already while still pregnant !

auroara78
May 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Congrats!! I love how at peace you seem to be and the balloon ...how precious!! You are such a great, loving Momma!! /hugs!

What about Quinton or Quentin? My son is named Quinten (we spelled it weird) and he LOVES his name. He so proudly tells everyone "Hi, I'm Quinten" I also love it because Q is a rarely used letter and it's so much fun to write and he loves doddling Q's all over the place. Just a suggestion.

I also liked Wyatt a lot, I think Chase and Riley.

sweetsister
May 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/482/482126pn0ollg6w3.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) On your little Prince

Indira
May 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Congrats on that sweet little boy!!

ThreeLittleCritters
May 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Thank you all for the congrats! I'm loving all of the name suggestions! Maybe we won't have to name him Pumpkin after all! :rofl: