PDA

View Full Version : SCH detected in 2nd trimester

nini
May 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM
Has anyone experienced this? I went for my 16 week check up and they finally found the reason I have had 2 bleeds before (once at 14+3 and once at 15+3). I have a SCH of 3cms below my placenta. She said it is unusual no one saw it before, even after I had bled they didnt see it (although they didnt do a vaginal scan so that is probably why).
I am now classed as high risk and will get scans every 2 weeks... I should also take things easy and am on pelvic rest. Has anyone had a hematoma during the 2nd trimester? I think most women experiene this early on in pregnancy.....

NewYorkmom
May 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Nini- I had one diagnosed with my last pregnancy. It started around 9-10 weeks and I bleed until the beginning of my 3rd trimester. It was always old blood. I was really surprised because I had never had any pregnancy complications before. My son recently turned one and he is doing great. It is very scary though. I hope the bleeding stops soon for you and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

nini
May 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Thanks Newyorkmum... Having aSCH diagnosed early on is the usual thing that happens, I am worried because mine didnt even appear until after 12 weeks and I had fresh blood at 15 weeks.... but so far no more bleeding apart from the 2 previous times. I should stop googling it and freaking myself out (apparently 2nd trimester SCH is more worrying than 1st trimester and fresh blood is always more worrying than old blood, sigh). Anyway, I can feel baby kicking away, so he seems to be doing ok ;) Thanks for letting me know your son arrived safely xx

auroara78
May 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Oh, Nini, keep us updated! You are going to be in my prayers! I'm sure they'll keep their eyes on it and do everything they can....rest may be the best thing. :hugs: