PDA

View Full Version : 18dpo today and no symptoms....:( is this normal....i hope....

toomanyboys
May 2nd, 2012, 04:12 AM
i know i know why make a bg deal of little things but this waiting until i am 7 weeks business is so disconcerting....esp on days like this morning when i wake up and feel completely normal!!!!!!! honestly no nausea nothing...i even feel like my stomach feels less bloated and i can tuck in my tummy muscles without feeling constraint to do so...(i remember that normally when i am pregnant esp early days pulling in my lower abs is quite impossible...i took an IC yesterday which turned dark positive and is the same clolour as test line now. so i know things may be O.K. but....you can't help but worry...
in an ideal world i would have a scan every week just to make sure i am progressing....grunt!!!!!!!!

pinkin2011
May 2nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
I have only been preg one other time then this one so you have more experience then me but With this preg i have worried because i didnt feel anything until 6 weeks where i was so sick and it had passed by 8 weeks so then I was worried again! But as you can see all is fine at the moment! GL you will be fine too

toomanyboys
May 2nd, 2012, 04:33 AM
i know one minute i am like leave it already your pregnant you haven't spotted you haven't had any other bad signs to tell you the pregnancy is not going well...just relax like other people who are pregnant and are so chilled about it.....but NOPE...i am so so paranoid....it will take me until the second trimester should i get there without any hitches to actually believe that i am having a normal pregnancy....:(...the amount of times i go to the loo and check for spotting.....honestly...i hate this waiting but when you have been where i was you would totally understand...its been 9 years since my normal pregnancy. the ones following that i would have all sorts of symptoms and to top it off spotting and bleeding like periods....with the constant threat that i was miscarrying...plus the 2 MC that i did have...:(
do bear with me....and pray time goes quick so i wll stop the whining!!!!!!!!!lol

toomanyboys
May 2nd, 2012, 05:15 AM
i am having a panic attack right now...:(....i need to get myself out of the house...

sweetsister
May 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Well we are at the same 18dpo ,and im feeling the same the only thing is i cant make it through the night without waking to pee,one minute im thinking hmmm i dont really feel any symptoms,and then like this afternoon i was so tired i couldnt keep my eyes open,then one minute ill feel dizzy the next few hours perfectly normal.I think at this stage you shouldnt feel many symptoms, but every person and each pregnancy you have will be different so dont drive yourself crazy symptom spotting and comparing,just be relaxed which stressing yourself out isnt good for your baby either.Have you had your bloodwork done yet?Like it might help reassure you?I did mine today as i need to to get in to my doctor
Im doing the same thing though every time i wipe expecting to see something ,and nothing.
I hope you got out today and feel better:flowerz:

toomanyboys
May 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM
sweetsister....yes i did...and i feel better...i definately am more tired i could sleep anytime during the day but because i have so much to do it is impossible. then symptoms wise i hardly felt anything today apart from the tredness. i finally sat down at 5 and ate a big meal and felt totally bloated and uber full where i was feeling unwell..not sick but ate too much unwell....
heartburn only started now again..but i'd have to admit all symptoms less today..i got myself yet another ordinary Boots pg test and it came out as dark as control line...i know i cannot go with that anymore but i enjoy seeing that second line...:)
unfortunately, i cannot do ANYTHING unless i am bleeding (which i am not and nor do i wish to) or have some sort of pain as far as seeing a my antenatal carer or blood work or scan are concerned until i am 7 weeks. a new NHS policy here in wales. so i have to just go by pg test and symtoms for now...i will take 2 more clearblue digitals one next mon and the other the following monday to make sure i get the 3+ sign. do you know if those clearblue tests go higher than 3+?i assume dthey go up to 4+ the highest.
well fingers crossed for that very first scan....:)

toomanyboys
May 3rd, 2012, 03:00 AM
well woken up again feeling comletely normal..the main trhing that is worrying me....is that i feel like i have lost weight not gained it...this is so unusual for me....i clearly only remember looking like 5 months at 3 monht with my boys and with my DD rmember not having a bump for quite sometime but still feeling like i was getting bigger.....this time however its feels like NOTHING is happening....it really worries me....i know i should stop obsessing...but...like i said bear with me i got another 2 weeks of this...when finally i can moan and groan to the midwife and BEG for an ultrasound and HCG blood test!!!!!!!!!.....:sigh:

Bumblebee
May 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
I think its normal at this stage not to have symptoms, I didn't have any aside from tiredness and I generally felt I could sleep and sleep and sleep! my symptoms really kicked in at 8 weeks including cramping and sickness and heartburn and indigestion..... ohhhh the list goes on! I hope you feel better soon and try not to worry, have you been to your doctors to book yourself to a hospital yet? sometimes they recommend an early pregnancy scan at a EPU if you've had complications like miscarriages before, maybe your GP can help with this?