PDA

View Full Version : Pre-O Temp Question

NCBeachyGrl
May 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hi! I have read that higher pre-O temps favor girl. Does this mean a temp that is higher than "your" normal average temp or is there a certain temp range that is considered higher than others?

NeedAGirl!
May 5th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think there is any conclusive evidence as to if this really sways or not. However, many of us saw a shift in pre o temps above our norms with the diet and vitex.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I am not satified with the quality of the data involving temps and swaying to lend any credence to it whatsoever. There are tons of things that can affect your temps.

When people sway, they do sometimes find that their temps change but we still do not know what if anything that means. There were people who had temp changes and still conceived opposites.

NCBeachyGrl
May 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks!!!!

auroara78
May 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I always run "cold" and even tho I was taking pepp tea, my temps were still lowish, low 97.2, 97.1 pre-O. Despite all the talk on this on IG, I went ahead and swayed anyway and I am expecting a girl. I do not believe this is conclusively 100% because I've seen examples of higher temps on here and some women have boys with the "higher" temps as well. I would not worry about this, but I believe saw palmetto does raise pre-O temps some.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks Auroara, that's very valuable info. :)

Princess of Pink
May 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
My pre-O temps are usually 96.85 to 96.04 which seems low compared to others and I have all girls. Even my after O temps don't ever get very high....I am a pretty cold person though and always have a cardigan on when other people don't.

BeadinMom
May 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sending you my blue dust, Princess!
Thanks for posting that info!

skrimpy
May 9th, 2012, 07:24 PM
IMO it really makes no difference... I always have "low" pre-O temps and I have got pg with both genders. Temps vary based on so much. Of course they say thyroid may impact it... But mine always goes up slightly in winter when we put on the heavier bedclothes. It can also be up a little if you had a glass of wine before bed etc.

It's not something I would worry about at all, really.

dramabird
May 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM
These are good to read, because even with peppermint tea and Saw Palmetto (I did first one and then the other, not simultaneously), my temperatures were no different than previous cycles. I tend to run mid- to low-97s pre-O.

And, for what it's worth, while my temps now are consistent with the way they were when I conceived DS2, my temps were quite a bit higher the two cycles I was trying to conceive for DS1. I attribute that to us living in a different house at the time, so perhaps my internal "thermostat" was adjusted differently.

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies!!!