PDA

View Full Version : Ovary You Ovulate From??

dloui128
May 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
So I had a u/s a couple days ago and the sonogram tech said I ovulated from my left ovary, I swayed for a boy and now I'm worried that it is definitely a girl because I have heard you only get girls when you ovulate from the left ovary. Any boy moms out there know for a fact they ovulated from the left and had a boy?

Chessika
May 5th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I don´t know, but I hope that is not true, since only my right ovary is functioning!

MatildaMai
May 5th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I had my right ovary removed when I was a kid. So I only have a left ovary. Had to do IVF to conceive because of internal scarring etc.. from my surgeries. 1st attempt at IVF I got 2 eggs, which were fertilised and transferred on day 3. BOTH were boys! My 2nd attempt at IVF (with PGD to try and get a girl) yielded 2XX and 2XY embryos.

Ribbons
May 5th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I have two working ovaries but only one working tube (the left one). Unless the egg moved over from the right ovary to the left tube, I ovulated from my left side with DS2 (but I didn't actually get that confirmed, so I can't say that definitively)!

toomanyboys
May 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
i didn't even feel ovualtion....:(..and normally i do......instead i felt clear implantation if it means anything it was pinching and twinges that were mostly to the left and centre....does that mean anything....i am soooooooooooo and only hoping for pink!!!!!!!

dloui128
May 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I felt more ovulations pains on my right side than my left but the u/s tech confirmed I ovulated from my left ovary

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
i didn't even feel ovualtion....:(..and normally i do......instead i felt clear implantation if it means anything it was pinching and twinges that were mostly to the left and centre....does that mean anything....i am soooooooooooo and only hoping for pink!!!!!!!

You can't tell what side you ovulated on from O pains. You develop eggs in both ovaries every month and sometimes the side that doesn't ovulate, is actually more tender because it doesn't get relief when the egg pops.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I've read the studies about this and it was nowhere near 100% accuracy. It was just a slight difference between right and left. I would not worry D!!!

Hobbermittens
May 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I think I ovulated from my left as well, but the tech couldn't confirm it--she just said she "thought" that was the case, but didn't actually see the corpus luteum.

What about the stupid theory of what side you feel movement on? I mostly feel movement in the middle, and occasionally a weird twinge on the left, but never anything on the right. :(

dloui128
May 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Atomic, you have 4 boys did you ever ovulate from the left with any of them?

Lauralou
May 7th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I hate this theory mainly because I feel it is one of the most accurate ones and I have only been feeling twinges on my right and am desperate for a girl.
For me it felt like a done deal at 7 weeks due to these pains and now I am just clutching at straws. I cannot remember at all where I felt pains with my boys as wasn't obsessing about it at all.

Indira
May 7th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Lauralou if you felt twinches on your right you might very well have ovulated from the left, it could be the eggs that weren´t ovulated you´re feeling. Like a pp said, it often happens that one has felt twinches on a certain side and later it is confirmed by ultrasound that ovulation was actually on the opposite side. You can´t tell which side you ovulated from just by O-pain. So you´re still in the race, good luck!

Lauralou
May 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks indira I so hope you are right. All the pains since ovulation have been on the right as well, oh well time will tell!

LolaInLove
May 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I had the egg cyst on the left this past cycle because I had an u/s right before also, but when it was O time, I had pain on both sides, but did notice a few extra twinges on the left. I think every woman if different with o pains and such, but I would generally say that there is no truth to the left=boys thing. Don't worry about it!

Flava
May 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Maybe we feel the pain on one side and O on the other? I don't know...
I always feel o pain on the left (well almost always for sure) but with this pregnancy i had very had pains on the right only. well see...

purplepoet20
May 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
All this egg from the left or right doesn't make much sense to me.... The man is the one that decides the gender so maybe we should ask them what side the sperm came from! Swaying only makes a friendly environment for the desired gender.

dloui128
May 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
All this egg from the left or right doesn't make much sense to me.... The man is the one that decides the gender so maybe we should ask them what side the sperm came from! Swaying only makes a friendly environment for the desired gender.

You're right but I can't help obsessing over stuff like this when people do studies on them

Lauralou
May 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
For me it is less about what side you ovulate from but more about the side of the pains from implantation and after. This kind of gives away what side baby is resting on which brings us back to the ramzi theory! To me ramzi theory is as good as a gender test which is why I really don't want to see what side baby is on at 12 week scan! Honestly I wish I had never read anything on this theory, I hate it!

auroara78
May 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Dloui, do not worry!!

They confirmed that I o'ed from the right this pregnancy and I am having a GIRL!! When I heard that I o'ed from my right, I was so distraught I sent AS an urgent PM because that wasn't the news I wanted to hear. I also had O pains on my *left* though the tech def. said I o'ed from my right. What side you have O pains does not matter because you could have pain on the side you don't O from, so unless a tech or doctor tells you exactly where you O'ed, guessing from pain alone is not even correct.

Also, TTC5 here did O from her left (confirmed) and while she does not have 100% confirmation of a boy, she has the most boyish nub I've seen plus a U/S pic she showed us a few weeks ago I saw something between the legs that was definitely boy looking!

I think this whole idea is rubbish to be honest with you. Because if this was true, HT could not work at all, or even boy/girl twins.

dloui128
May 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Dloui, do not worry!!

They confirmed that I o'ed from the right this pregnancy and I am having a GIRL!! When I heard that I o'ed from my right, I was so distraught I sent AS an urgent PM because that wasn't the news I wanted to hear. I also had O pains on my *left* though the tech def. said I o'ed from my right. What side you have O pains does not matter because you could have pain on the side you don't O from, so unless a tech or doctor tells you exactly where you O'ed, guessing from pain alone is not even correct.

Also, TTC5 here did O from her left (confirmed) and while she does not have 100% confirmation of a boy, she has the most boyish nub I've seen plus a U/S pic she showed us a few weeks ago I saw something between the legs that was definitely boy looking!

I think this whole idea is rubbish to be honest with you. Because if this was true, HT could not work at all, or even boy/girl twins.

Thanks Auroara
its so tough having the internet, I google everything!!

Flava
May 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
omg purple that's so funny! if I would ask DH he would think Im crazy :rofl:

Butterfly Spirit
May 8th, 2012, 04:28 AM
So I had a u/s a couple days ago and the sonogram tech said I ovulated from my left ovary, I swayed for a boy and now I'm worried that it is definitely a girl because I have heard you only get girls when you ovulate from the left ovary. Any boy moms out there know for a fact they ovulated from the left and had a boy?

It's not entirely true. Google it and at least on babycenter.com there are MANY moms who had boys on the left and girls on the right.

auroara78
May 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
It's also incorrect because I know women who have only one tube and have both genders.

Ribbons
May 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
It's also incorrect because I know women who have only one tube and have both genders.

Me! Although I have also read that you can O from one ovary and the other tube can pick it up, but it's not as common.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2012, 09:28 PM
With my first two sons, they didn't do routine ultrasounds at that time (yes, I'm old LOL)

With my third and 4th, I hadn't heard of the theory yet and I didn't ask and they didn't mention it.

I tried to get the tech to tell me with the 5th baby but she wouldn't do it! My doc's office is very tight-lipped about any gender-related stuff until 20 weeks.

dloui128
May 14th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks atomic

Ribbons
May 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Sort of on topic: Does anyone know what the techs look for to tell which ovary you ovulated from?

I just had an early ultrasound (4w3d) today - way too early, I think my dr was a bit over-zealous but ordered one anyway. (For those who don't know, I have a history of ectopic so they always test me really early) Anyway, as I expected they didn't find anything yet in the uterus but my right ovary was registering a hemorrhagic cyst - there was nothing on my left. Could that be the sign I am looking for? I asked the tech if she knew which side I O'd from and she just told me she "took the pictures" so not sure. I am really anxious to know since my right tube is not working... and I would be a lot happier if it was my LEFT ovary that dropped the egg... I go back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks around 6w4d so will know for sure then. In the meantime I get to have a lot of fun blood beta tests, joy :sigh:

dloui128
May 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I think my tech said she saw a cyst on my left ovary and that's how she new I ovulated from the left

TTC5
May 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I O'd from my left ovary and am having a boy :)

dloui128
May 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I O'd from my left ovary and am having a boy :)

YAY that gives me some hope!!

Hobbermittens
May 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Sort of on topic: Does anyone know what the techs look for to tell which ovary you ovulated from?

I just had an early ultrasound (4w3d) today - way too early, I think my dr was a bit over-zealous but ordered one anyway. (For those who don't know, I have a history of ectopic so they always test me really early) Anyway, as I expected they didn't find anything yet in the uterus but my right ovary was registering a hemorrhagic cyst - there was nothing on my left. Could that be the sign I am looking for? I asked the tech if she knew which side I O'd from and she just told me she "took the pictures" so not sure. I am really anxious to know since my right tube is not working... and I would be a lot happier if it was my LEFT ovary that dropped the egg... I go back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks around 6w4d so will know for sure then. In the meantime I get to have a lot of fun blood beta tests, joy :sigh:

I was told they are looking for the corpus luteum. Supposedly it is there until about 14 weeks?

TTC5
May 14th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I was told they are looking for the corpus luteum. Supposedly it is there until about 14 weeks?

Yep this is what they saw at my very early dating scan :)

Ribbons
May 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM
So would the corpus luteum look like a hemorrhagic cyst then? Since they found one of those on my right ovary and nothing on my left, I assume I o'd from my right...

dloui128
May 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
So would the corpus luteum look like a hemorrhagic cyst then? Since they found one of those on my right ovary and nothing on my left, I assume I o'd from my right...

yes I think so