PDA

View Full Version : need your advice - opks.. few days of info.

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 10:34 PM
also posted in May thread but need advice now! lol
Was aiming for FR and was doing really well up until thursday, have not had sex since then and its now sunday 2.30pm, he is at work, took an opk yesterday was no 2nd line not even a hint of one so was assuming i would get fade in today (extra sensitive opks) anyhoo just took a test now and its a bloody positive, test line is as dark as control line, What should i do?? advice please. been on LE diet for 2 months, lost 5kgs, taking all the vitex, sp and baby asprin and also Zyrtec. just the FR has stuffed us up. advice please please

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Now i am confused. Just took another test and its faint. About 10 mins after 1st test. I had a few wines last nite, have had 3 coffees today and a glass of diet coke. My first test i done was with my 2nd pee of the day 1st pee was at 9am second was at 2.20 which is what i done first test with then done another pee only 10 min after 2nd which is what i tested with again and these are my results which one should i go with 24242424

Ribbons
May 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Go with the positive. It's possible that the other one wasn't functioning correctly... if you have a + you should put in an attempt!

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Ok thanks, I will grap him as soon as he walks in door then do an attempt tonight. Do you think i should do another attempt tomorrow am? was kinda hoping for a cutoff but obviously that has gone out the window!

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Will do another OPK in 2-3 hours, will hold pee in until then. I had a few coffees this morning and drank about 15min before testing, does drinking anything prior to testing make a false positive? I nearly ALWAYS have a fade in so thats why im really confused, these are also ultra sensitive tests so should i take that into account?

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I just dont want to admit that its a positive, i just cant understand it, i keep thinking that maybe the pee was highly concentrated, as it was really dark, second pee was almost clear, so will see what next one is, is it possible to get false pos?

Ribbons
May 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I don't believe in cutoffs, so you'll get another-attempt vote from me :)

Drinking soon before testing would cause a false negative (because of urine dilution), NOT a false positive. If you get ANYTHING that looks like a positive, go for it! I'm not sure about the ultra-sensitive tests part, I have always just used internet cheapies so I don't have any experience with anything else, sorry - maybe someone else will chime in about that?

Ribbons
May 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
If the second pee was almost clear, that's more than likely why you got a negative. I have personal experience with positives (and then negatives) based on urine concentration alone, but not as close as 10 mins - actually now that I think about it, it makes sense that your second test would be so light since you really didn't have much urine concentration to register on the test. I still would strongly recommend that you go with the positive result.

Good luck!!

Ribbons
May 5th, 2012, 11:18 PM
And FYI - as far as urine concentration is concerned - I always take a FMU test (first morning) along with my CBFM when it is getting close to O, which is obviously very concentrated urine. I only get positives when I am actually surging, so I wouldn't imagine that your urine is TOO concentrated and is registering a false positive, if that's what you are worried about.

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Man I am a dumb ass! I just checked yesterdays tests, the lady i got the tests from put in 2 preg tests as well, which i took yesterday HENCE THE REASON yesterdays was negative! How long does the OPK stay positive for? like would it stay positive until you ovulate? what if my O day is today?

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Both of my boys were concieved on o day or day before, went like rabbits the day before day of and day after hence the reason i wanted a wee cut off. I am so mad at my self for not reading the packet BEFORE taking those tests yesterday.....

Ribbons
May 5th, 2012, 11:32 PM
It stays positive different amounts of time for different people. Sometimes 4 hours, sometimes 2 days. You should, as a rule of thumb, expect that you will O approx. 36 hours from the first +OPK. I start testing about 3x a day around 4-5 days before I predict my O to be, just to make sure that I catch it - my LH surge is typically pretty short and when I first started testing, I missed it altogether for a couple of months b/c I was only testing once a day.

Since you didn't get a really accurate testing cycle in, you should just assume that you haven't ovulated and go for it anyway... do you have any other signs of O (cramping, increased sex drive, cervix position, CM etc)? Try testing again as soon as you can to make sure, but I would DEFINITELY DTD as soon as you possibly can, b/c it sounds like O is imminent (or has just recently happened).

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I would normally test a few days before O do get the fade in but my opks were late in arriving so got them yesterday and the 2 tests that i done yesterday were preganancy tests, didnt realise this until i looked before same packaging etc. so i could of possibly had a positive result yesterday cervix is high and only a tiny amount of cm which i can barely get which still has a bit of white in it, i will release him when he walks in that door, then have dinner make him have a bath then get our attempt in tonight, should i get another attempt in tomorrow morning. if i aim tonights attempt at around 10pm then would it be ok to have another attempt at 6.30am? would the sperm still be low?

Kiesse
May 5th, 2012, 11:58 PM
have not eaten today yet (hungover and can not bear the thought of food yet) will be having a salad for dinner so my sugar levels will be low right?

Kiesse
May 6th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Ok dp come home from work, finally made him release after 40 mins! Huge nite last nite so he is shattered as well. I ran him a bath strait after and he is in there as i type this. I have put candles in the bedroom lavender candles of course, put my salt lamp next to our bed on low and will have our first attempt shortly hopefully i can make him go again! It would be an hour since he last released. So fingers crossed. Will also have another attempt in the morning. Do you think a morning attempt will be ok? We were aiming for fr and were doing well but missed out due to his late working! So done a week of fr up until Thursday nite. Missed Friday and Saturday and now its Sunday nite. Have got the pink outfit under bed as well as a wooden spoon! Ha as i type this i can hear him snoring in bath, poor bugger has fallen asleep! Could be a very long attempt!

Kiesse
May 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Ok well I am really confused, I havebeen taking opks since last weekend and they are still coming out POSITIVE! test line is as dark if not darker than the control line. I would understand if it was lighter but these are dark, I stopped taking Vitex last week, I either O'd on mon or tues (had slight O pains on tues) have heaps of ewm its been ewcm for a few days and (sorry tmi) but hard to break when stretched, like i can stretch my index finger and middle finger completley apart before it snaps, been like this for a few days now even tho i have been taking anti histimines and benedryl. I do not understand! the opks are not faulty as i have tried 3 different brands! arrgghh someone advice please, ive tried searching google but came up with nothing!

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Ok well I am really confused, I havebeen taking opks since last weekend and they are still coming out POSITIVE! test line is as dark if not darker than the control line. I would understand if it was lighter but these are dark, I stopped taking Vitex last week, I either O'd on mon or tues (had slight O pains on tues) have heaps of ewm its been ewcm for a few days and (sorry tmi) but hard to break when stretched, like i can stretch my index finger and middle finger completley apart before it snaps, been like this for a few days now even tho i have been taking anti histimines and benedryl. I do not understand! the opks are not faulty as i have tried 3 different brands! arrgghh someone advice please, ive tried searching google but came up with nothing!

Sweetie, are you taking VITEX?

Kiesse
May 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Pic from today at 7pm, took this test 2 hours after last pee2538

Kiesse
May 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
No I havnt taken anything for over a week, I am confused. either way i shouldnt still be getting positives after 6 days! there is no fading at all, i have taken about 8 today (3 dif brands and they are all turning up like this!)

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
When is AF due? Did you take a HPT just incase?

If you are taking Vitex, that's probably it! I had 6+s I still Oed last month ;)

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
No I havnt taken anything for over a week, I am confused. either way i shouldnt still be getting positives after 6 days! there is no fading at all, i have taken about 8 today (3 dif brands and they are all turning up like this!)

OPKS can double as HPTS!

Kiesse
May 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM
i thought that was later on, surely it wouldnt stay positive all the way through? I am only a couple dpo. I have taken like honestly about 30 opks in the past 6 days (could even be a little more) (yes im an addict) just driving me nuts coz i dont know why they still doing this!!!!!!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM
You can't use OPK until AFTER you would have already gotten pos pg test unfortunately.

Think of all the months you never took OPK - there very well may have been many months you might have gotten frequent positives and never even known it!!

Sometimes, too much information serves no purpose other than to make us worry unneccesarily.

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM

I had EWCM for days after I had already conceived DD. I think some months you just have more hormones going on and the OPK detect it.

Please stop taking antihistamines immediately in case you are pg.

Kiesse
May 10th, 2012, 04:10 PM
ok, i have stopped taking them now, thanks atomic! It is so good not to have to take all these wee pills now, am taking nothing!!! Just keeping strict with the diet incase it doesnt happen for me this month. Guess time will tell :)

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Good luck Kiesse!!!

Butterfly Spirit
May 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
:fingers: Kiesse!!!