PDA

View Full Version : What is the earliest week possible to see gender of baby?

Irishmom
May 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
What would be the earliest week you could possibly see an inkling to babies gender? Is it 13 weeks or later?:)

lisvna
May 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Dr Savvas in Cyprus told me 12 weeks. I know a woman in Belgium that claims 13 weeks and in the Netherlands a doctor who claims 14 weeks. They all say its accurate.....

nuthinbutpink
May 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
It's only as accurate as the equipment, development of the baby at the time of U/s and how good the tech is at knowing what they are seeing. I don't think any doctor would confirm gender beyond the shadow of a doubt at 12 or 13 weeks. If it is a boy, I think at 13 weeks it can be obvious but not all the time.

Irishmom
May 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm just curious as with my 3ds scans it was pretty obvious at my 12wk 5 day scan/13 week scan. Wishful thinking here but say if it was a girl this time around, and you saw the 3 white lines at around 15 weeks would that be a good enough guess or could it still change?

purplepoet20
May 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I have heard of more wrong guesses before 14wks. I have noticed a few private scan places that qurantee gender at 14-15wks but most of them say 16-18wks. But it also depends on the machine and the tech.

I wanted to get one as early as possible around 14-15wks but I was afraid of it being wrong and hearing something else later. So I have waited for 17wks with the hopes that it doesn't change at the 20wk scan. It's harder to wait but atleast it will be worth it.

nuthinbutpink
May 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Purple- your scan is today!! Good luck!

Irishmom
May 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks ladies for your replies. It is our wedding anniversary July 7th and my husband said he would pay for a scan for me as my present, so i was just curious if there would be any point at 15/16 weeks. I have not told anyone and had planned not to tell anyone until i get a gender scan.So maybe i will just have to hide for a little bit longer and wait until the end of July lol.

Pinkmeup
February 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM
A friend of mine had both her pregnancies correctly gender scanned at 9 weeks during private scans in the uk - both boys.