PDA

View Full Version : New here, from Norway :)

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hello there!

We are a couple from Norway (Europe), that have just starting to think about going high tech for familiy balancing. We have two boys, and have allways whished for three. Now we really want to try for a girl. We came over PGD, and we thouht; WHY NOT?

But the big question is: Where can we do PGD closest to Norway? Since it is not legal in Norway.

Sorry for my english :think:

Hope that is someone here that can tell us something about PGD. (Have read a little bit)

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 03:47 PM
The boys where consived normally, and after one and two months trying.

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Is that good when you think about how many try`ings we would need for IVF-PGD? Or does it not mean anthing?

HopingForPigtails
May 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hello Mollo! Welcome! Some others will pipe in but there are clinics in Thailand although most end up coming to the USA for PGD. There are lots of clinics in California and it is a very fun vacation spot for the whole family, so most people plan a vacation around their IVF cycle.

Unfortunately, most of us who have done high tech for family balancing conceived our previous children very easily- although that does not help when it comes to IVF. While there are some women who get pregnant within one cycle, it takes most 2-3 cycles. Our natural fertility just doesn't seem to help us out in the IVF world!!

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Thank you for answering. We have thouht about taking it as a vacation. BUT we cant afford two-three vacations. If it doesnt work the first time. It is very expensive to travel from Norway to the USA :(

nuthinbutpink
May 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Depending on how old you are and pretesting results, you have around a 50% chance of it working the first time. Of course, there are lots of variables to consider. The US is a main destination and Genesis may be more affordable.

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 04:25 PM
We have also seen that the prices vary allot! From for eks. mexico to usa. Why is that? Is it the quality?

One question fo me. I hear it is extremely hurtful, is that right? :/

nuthinbutpink
May 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Nothing hurts too bad. The emotional toll is the worst part by far. Mexico isn't really a great option.

nuthinbutpink
May 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
$11,200 is HRC's price in California.

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Yes, of course. I`m 25 and my husband is 29. We are young parents :) Of course it depends on the tests, thank you! :)

nuthinbutpink
May 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM
You should have an excellent chance at it working the first try at your age.

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Ok, thanks. A family vacation in california would have been peeerfect. And if it doesnt hurt to much, it will be even better :D

Mollo
May 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thank you, I hope soo!:) We have freinds here in Norway that gets help getting pregnant with IVF, of course normal, whitout checking for the gender. They say it is very hurtful, that you can compare it with a birth :o

Butterfly Spirit
May 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM

You will just love it here! GD ladies are the BEST!!!

lisvna
May 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Many people from Scandinavien (Sweden, Norway etc) countries and Europe go to ******** clinic in zech republic near Prague or to dr Savvas from the Genesis clinic in South Cyprus. Dr Savvas price is: 12000 Euros inclusive of sperm sorting for two cycles. In other terms the fee for a single cycle is 6700 Euros plus 1200 Euros for sperm sorting. These charges exclude the cost of medication. The prices of ******** I don't know. I know that some people also going to st Petersburg but I don't know the name of the clinic. Dalecarlia (she is also a member of this forum) is from Sweden, she went to st Petersburg (if im correct) and to the Genesis clinic. With my first cycle at Genesis we were cycle buddies and met eachother there. She is going in August again. Maybe you can contact her as she is more from you region (I'm from the Netherlands, Europe). Good luck!

Ps:ivf is not painfully at all; during egg collection you get a sedation so you sleep and don't feel anything! But it is a rollercoost journey with many ups and downs....

UGOS
May 8th, 2012, 03:00 AM
You are welcome to the forum Mollo and GL :welcome:

Mollo
May 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you soo much, all!

We are thinking about going to tsjekkia also. I think that one is closest to Norway? I wish it was legal i Denmark or some place closer!! I feal IVF/PCD is so far far away because of the long travelling and prices for both travelling, IVF/PGD, medicines and hotel. :(

jils04
May 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
You can do a first trip as a vacation, hope that is works first time, then if you need to go back, most overseas patients leave hubbies sperm at the clinic and go back alone.
The prices do vary from place to place but its best to go for quality clinic and go once or twice than 4 times at a cheaper clinic. You are young so have a great chance at 1-2 attempts !!

Mollo
May 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Thank you, if we go high tec, I think we would do it that way! :) That sounds great! But how do they do the pretesting for us? :)

jils04
May 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM
They will give you the tests you need and you may have to find a nice doc where you live to help you
Get them done

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mollo
May 10th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Puh, but what to do when it is not legal here in Norway? I think they would understand what we are going to do? Since we have never needed ivf before. What should we say to them to make it ok? That one will be very hard!

jils04
May 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Can you say youve been trying again for a year and nothing happening ? Just want to check your levels?

Sent from my GT-I9000 to using Tapatalk

lisvna
May 11th, 2012, 02:41 AM
We told them that my husband had a DNA defect and we didn't want that to our kids and therefor pgd. So didn't mention genderselection at all!

stargazer
May 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I read somewhere , ig maybe about somewhere in holland, forgotten the name. Looked at the website but couldn't understand any of it as it was all in Dutch. Any ladies heard of it? Is it legal in holland? Lisvna do I know?

stargazer
May 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I read somewhere , ig maybe, about somewhere in holland, forgotten the name. Looked at the website but couldn't understand any of it as it was all in Dutch. Any ladies heard of it? Is it legal in holland? Lisvna do U know?

lisvna
May 12th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yes it was my tread and no, it's illegal in Holland. But we have a middle man (Bert van Delen from the gender Kliniek) who works with different clinics and he knows doctors and gyneacologists who are willing to help with pretests in Holland. The ivf/pgd procedure itself is in South Cyprus at the Genesis clinic of dr Savvas Koundouros (I can reccomend) or at North Cyprus ivf clinic of dr Savas Ozyigit in North Cyprus (I don't reccomend). Maybe he works with other clinic too but I'm not sure......

stargazer
May 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Ah that explains it, thanks !