PDA

View Full Version : I need a weekend away

ErinEfron
January 23rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
From my weekend away.:sigh:
Since my dh is military they put us up in a BEAUTIFUL hotel for the weekend so we could go to these workshops. Well, of course we had all five kids with us so it looked like we were going to be staying there for a month. When it came time for bedtime it was like our four year and almost two year old had done nothing but downed sugar all night. We could not get them to sleep. Needless to say, I am going to be early and am so glad to be home. We were thinking about taking a road trip and going on a longer vacation but now I know there is no way. :oops:

nuthinbutpink
January 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
I love the idea of going on vacation but with little kids, it's really just a lot of work. The only way we go now is if my parents go with us to help. It's just not worth it otherwise and I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation when we get home!

I feel like 3 years old is the magic age when you can start to actually enjoy having them there with you and try to have a good time. Anything under that and they are just extra baggage!!

Gus
January 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
You brave, brave woman. LOL! Any type of vacationn with little ones has a tendency to become a chore, IMO. I hope you got a little R&R in last night.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I completely agree Erin! It's ridiculous how much stuff you need just for a day or two. And then if you think, oh I really won't be needing this and leave it at home, you KNOW you're going to be eating your words before the end! I hope it wasn't TOO terrible!!

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh...I have been there! It always happens to me when we travel. The first night in a hotel is always the worst. Then the second night it's a little better. By the 3rd night we are getting on the right track and by the 4th night it's time to leave...LOL! It's not *as bad* when we go to a condo. I think because there is more room for them to run and get tired out.

Eden
January 27th, 2011, 12:10 AM
We always have problems getting the kids to settle down the first night too. Even when we go camping. They are just too excited.