PDA

View Full Version : What did your implantation spotting look like?

LolaInLove
May 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hey Mamas,

I have a stupid question, but I still am curious. Not really something I can google, so I thought I'd just post this.

If you had implantation spotting with a healthy pregnancy, what did it look like?

I never had it with my girls, but I was also in my 20s then. With the losses we've had, I had it once and it was brown and very slight, and on 12-13dpo, but then I had a m/c a few weeks later.

And not to get anyone excited, but yesterday, at 10dpo, I had some red stuff with a tiny bit of matter (sorry), but just once in the evening before bed. I thought, great, I started my period super early and now have progesterone issues to top it all off, but I haven't had any more today at all. I never have had red spotting.

Any thoughts? Not trying to get my hopes up, just curious if anyone had that.

THANKS! xxoo

Zivic-Bubac
May 8th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Woo-hoooo!!!! I've got my hopes up for you!!!! :p
I've had some spotting with this pregnancy, I thought it was implantation spotting ( maybe it was?) but it lasted for a week or so, some red and pinkish spotting. Didn't have it in previous pregnancies.

It was really just a spotting, but I was super worried, of course. Rainbowflower said that was a good sign ( spotting, not worrying lol!) and that means baby was nicely settling in :)

purplepoet20
May 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I had something like that with DS1... Don't remember about DS2 but I think it was pinkish and #3 was pink not brown.

LolaInLove
May 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Woo-hoooo!!!! I've got my hopes up for you!!!! :p
I've had some spotting with this pregnancy, I thought it was implantation spotting ( maybe it was?) but it lasted for a week or so, some red and pinkish spotting. Didn't have it in previous pregnancies.

It was really just a spotting, but I was super worried, of course. Rainbowflower said that was a good sign ( spotting, not worrying lol!) and that means baby was nicely settling in :)

Well, I'm trying not to be hopeful, but it was weird, and on 10dpo, so it did get me a little interested. I do have a few cramps here and there also, so it very well could be my new and unimproved crappy cycle doing something odd again.

NewYorkmom
May 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm ten weeks along in this pregnancy (my fourth). This was the first time I had implantation spotting. It was around 10DPO and it was brownish streaks for a day and a half. I was taking baby aspirin for implantation. Good luck to you.

nuthinbutpink
May 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ooooh! Sounds good. FX!

Indira
May 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
:fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers:
I never had implantation spotting, so I canīt help, sorry.

Hobbermittens
May 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM
TEST! TEST! TEST!

girlmom
May 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
mine was bright red but it only lasted a day. i thought af had started but within hours she was gone, got a bfp a few days later. good luck.

Princess of Pink
May 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST

OnlyPraying
May 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM
haha!!! yes TEST!!! :D...

zanacal
May 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I can't remember whether I had implantation spotting with one or two of mine (my memory is shocking at the moment!) but the time I remember was at work and I had a small amount of red blood and only once on wiping - which sounds similar to what you had. I know you don't want to raise your hopes so I'm trying to contain myself here but I have everything crossed for you as always x

LolaInLove
May 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the input ladies! I am not getting my hopes up, but I have never had that before. It was just like girlmom and zanacal's with some bright red only once. I am having some cramps and such, so who knows.

LolaInLove
May 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
And I'm gonna test in the morning, which I NEVER do, just to indulge us all!

Butterfly Spirit
May 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
OOooo EXCITING!!! :D
With my first son it was literally a spot of red on the TP when I wiped.
With son #2 it was a huge smear of pale reddish brown blood. Then one more wipe, then gone.
I didn't get a positive on a HPT until 10 days later after the bleeding.
Wait 3-5 days then test! :)

OnlyPraying
May 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
any updates? :D

LolaInLove
May 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Nope, just 12dpo and going to test tomorrow. I've been ttc for nearly 2 years, so I don't test anymore. I just wait for AF, but I have had a few months where I got my hopes up and did test, but I will never do it at like 10dpo or anything, only 13dpo at the earliest.

I'm a little crampy off and on, but no more red, that was just that one time a couple of days ago. There are tiny amounts of light brown here and there, but nothing substantial. But seriously, not getting my hopes up!!!!

toomanyboys
May 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I had spotting with ds1, not with ds2, def with ds3 but in week 9-11, and most def with dd during week 7-8 i got my old jourmnal out to compare and it is here in the forums too back in 2007.. this one i had no spotting unlike you i am fearing this is a well implanted boy......cause all i want is another pink bean...:). can only hope it is pink and not blue....sedning you all my blue dust take as much as you want i don't want any!!!!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
May 9th, 2012, 02:42 PM
TEST! TEST! TEST!
:bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluec heer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:

LolaInLove
May 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Well, I think it's just early AF. I've had more spotting now, and it is the "first AF" kind and I have some cramps, but I'm only 12dpo....don't usually start AF until 14dpo. My cycles are wack now all of the sudden!!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Oh boo, I'm sorry to hear that Lola. Still KFX for you though.

OnlyPraying
May 9th, 2012, 09:07 PM
oh man!!! darn this evil AF! arghhh!!!

On a side note though, do you by any chance have thyroid issues? I recently got diagnosed with Hypo and your cycle is a LOT like my usual cycles....I am having trouble getting pregnant too because of these issues...

Butterfly Spirit
May 9th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Well, I think it's just early AF. I've had more spotting now, and it is the "first AF" kind and I have some cramps, but I'm only 12dpo....don't usually start AF until 14dpo. My cycles are wack now all of the sudden!!!!!!

:fx: That THIS is IT! :D
Don't give up hope yet! There can be cramping with a BFP!

indigoviolet
May 10th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Good luck hon, kmfx for you :HH:

LolaInLove
May 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate everyone's support! OP, I didn't have any when I was last tested about a year ago. At that time, my doc tested everything, including all of the acquired clotting disorders, and I checked out ok. She did give me a scrip for progesterone suppositories because, well, I asked for it. She didn't mind, they can't hurt. My prog level was ok, on the low side of ok really. I have a feeling I need to start taking them again. I'm actually thinking about asking her for prometrium.....I HATE using a vag suppository during the day when it leaks all over the place.

zanacal
May 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Crap, sorry Lola x