PDA

View Full Version : What Dr and hospital/institute is the best for IVF/PGD?

Mollo
May 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
We are in the start of the process, and are now searching around to find information about this. But is SOO MUCH out on the internet. Hope some of you can help us, telling who is the best?

As I have told before we live in Europe, so a place near us would have been great, but we also want a great doctor for me and hopefully the baby.

Does price vary allot between the best doctors?

nuthinbutpink
May 10th, 2012, 06:59 AM
It does vary but the main clinics we see on here are HRC, SRIM(various locations), a few clinics in NY and Genesis.

The total price can range between $10,000- 15,000 with meds for the procedure plus travel. There are past cycle diaries in the Member section- really all the info is in the Member section. Here in the public forum, information is limited.

nuthinbutpink
May 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
We have 10 cycles in progress in the Member section and a forum of past Cycle Diaries that is a few pages long.

Mollo
May 10th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Oh thanks! Then I think I will join there :) Thank you soo much, nothinbutpink! :)

A total range of 10 - 15.000 is allot!!! Wow! I think we shoul read and read and read! :p

lisvna
May 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I can reccomend the Genesis clinic from dr Savvas Koundouros in South Cyprus. Cost: 12000 Euros inclusive of sperm sorting for two cycles.
In other terms the fee for a single cycle is 6700 Euros plus 1200 Euros for sperm sorting. These charges exclude the cost of medication.

I know also people who went to ******** clinic near Prague, I know some people who came back pregnant.

I know also people go to a clinic in st Petersburg.

I will NOT recommend North Cyprus ivf clinic from dr Savas Ozyigit. I never heard that somebody came back pregnant.

ovofiv
June 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I hear so much about Cyprus. So it seems to be a good option.
12.000€ is the price includinf PGD? Or just sperm sorting?

dreamingformylilprincess
December 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM
hi i was wondering did u go for pgd,we are looking into it at the moment

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2012, 08:20 PM
hi i was wondering did u go for pgd,we are looking into it at the moment

Hi there. Most of the HT people post in the Dream Member forum. You have to join(become a Dream Member) but there is a lot of data there including 2012's 140+ Cycle Diaries. We have a lot of women from the UK.

Claire33
December 31st, 2012, 07:07 AM
In Europe you can go to Cyprus, Prague, Jordan and Dubai. In Dubai you can no longer freeze embryos unfortunately. Jordan is a cheaper and good option around Euro 3500, in Cyprus for about Euro 7000 (here you can do spermsort though, which will increase your chances). Cyprus is also a better holiday destination. Prague is also cheaper (not sure of price) and definitely a good option, although they haven't been doing PGD for very long.

nuthinbutpink
December 31st, 2012, 08:00 AM
Many people have gone to Savvas at Genesis in Cyprus with mixed results. They use 5-probe FISH only.

****/******** in Prague does not legally offer gender selection. They will "test the embryo for health reasons" again using FISH but the one woman that went there on here said they used 8-probes - 21, 18, 16, 13, 22, 15 and x and y as standard testing and that is not appropriate for GS and has a very high error rate. There is no other way to do it.

One cannot cycle where freezing embryos is illegal so Jordan is out.

International GS is tough. Know what you are signing up for!

Longingforgirl
December 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi,
I can only tell you about ****. I cycled there in October, and although I had no transfer, I still think the doctors there are the best ones in Europe. Europe only offers FISH for PGD, so you cannot choose any other testing method anyway.
As I was the first one from this forum cycling there, I was sort of blue-eyed stumbling in there. I did not ask a lot of questions and I just trusted and thought they knew what they were doing.
But I should have asked them not to do 8-probe but at least only 5-probe FISH instead. I think Savvas in Cyprus does the same. But the doctors at **** have had a lot of work experience at the Zech-clinics, which are very very popular and famous in German speaking countries. **** is only two years old now, but the doctors are really good. It is still my first choice in Europe. The price is a little smaller than Cyprus, I think you pay 7800 Euros for ICSI/PGD. Plus meds, HIV/Hepatitis test during egg retrieval (200 Euros), plus ultrasounds you have to go to at your local doctor (of course you could also stay there for the whole cycle).

Good luck with your decision, I know it is hard. I was on here for months before I cycled, but since cycling, I have still learned so much and I have done lots and lots of things wrong during my first time.

Longingforgirl
December 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Prague is also cheaper (not sure of price) and definitely a good option, although they haven't been doing PGD for very long.

I have to disagree with that. The **** doctors are really good and experienced. The embryologist is a very good one. Even though the method is still FISH. But in Europe, you simply don't get anything else.

Claire33
December 31st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Is it true that you cannot freeze embryos in Jordan? I thought it was only in Dubai??

nuthinbutpink
December 31st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Is it true that you cannot freeze embryos in Jordan? I thought it was only in Dubai??

That may be correct but I cannot travel anywhere where there are multiple travel advisories issued by multiple governments. NZ just issued a NEW travel advisory because of all the unrest in the middle east. Obviously, not very safe for US citizens of anyone that might be mistaken for a US citizen. Not worth the risk IMO.

Claire33
January 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
That may be correct but I cannot travel anywhere where there are multiple travel advisories issued by multiple governments. NZ just issued a NEW travel advisory because of all the unrest in the middle east. Obviously, not very safe for US citizens of anyone that might be mistaken for a US citizen. Not worth the risk IMO.

Yes, I understand what you mean, I didn't know there were advisories about traveling to Jordan.