PDA

View Full Version : Pain in side and back

Lauralou
May 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I have mentioned this a few times in other threads but wondering if anyone can help. I have been getting pains in my right side since finding out I am pregnant. Not ovulation pains but what I imagine to be growing/stretching pains. This has now crept into my right lower back. Please can anyone confirm they had pains on their right side and had a girl or left side and had a boy? I don't know what side I ovulated from just very conscious all my pains are on my right since my bfp.

Zivic-Bubac
May 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I've had lower back pain on my left when pg with DD1, but it was much later, maybe in the last trimester. I asked midwife is that sort of pain normal and she said: Pain on the left? It's girl, right?
As my due date was approaching, pain was more sciatica :worry:

With DD2 I've had bad pain in the ribs, again on my left, bcos she was pushing her feet against my ribs. It was during the last month of pg.

Today I've had some sciatica pain on my right, but I was told twice on u/s I'm having a girl again, so I can't get my hopes up :worry:

Lauralou
May 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks zivic. Hopefully it is just ligament pain and not an indication on what side baby is on. Wish so much I could stop stressing about this.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
OMG I've had pains every which way with this pg and it's a girl.

auroara78
May 10th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Yea, I've had pains on right, left, back, you name it, sometimes they pop up...the baby's a girl, but I had very similiar pains with my boys.

I truly do not believe this is correlated to gender whatsoever.

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
There really isn't much truth to girls on the left boys on the right. Just go to baby center.com and look it up and you'll see many moms with the opposite!

Lauralou
May 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much for your responses, you have made me feel a lot better. I think I will be fine finding out if it a boy later on in my pregnancy just don't want to think it definitely is just yet. Strange I know. Hopefully I can now stop over analysing every pain I get! I am driving my husband crazy!!!