PDA

View Full Version : HELP for someone with PCOS trying to sway PINK.

fourunderfour
May 10th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Hello!
I am super excited to have found gender dreaming...what a crazy amount of information there is, huh?
I clearly looked into no forms of swaying with my 4 sons (3 bio)...because I maybe would have been able to alter a few things! lol.
At any rate, I was wondering if I could connect with anyone who has PCOS.
Here's a brief history for me:
dx with PCOS b/c high testosterone, irregular periods.
Put on clomid 50mg (in 2006) - 2 rounds - BFN and no ovulation.
Progesterone to start AF...bumped to clomid 100. Conceived DS1
FF to 2008. Decided we wanted another.
put on progesterone to start AF, then Conceived 1st try again on Clomid 100mg.
m/c at 10 weeks.
after 2 months we tried Clomid 100mg again, but no response.
Progesterone then bumped to clomid 150mg - no response.
OB referred me to RE.
ordered follistim with trigger shot. BFN.

took time off to adopt our DS2 from Ethiopia - came home March 2010.

Went to see RE later that year.
DH and I were tested (more blood tests and HSG for me - all normal)
Put on follistim and trigger.
2 mature follicles with "2 on their back"
Trigger on 7/29 - IUI on 7/31 (my 27th birthday!)
conceived first cycle
twins born Feb 2011 - DS #3+4

Going to see RE at the end of this month....
Would love to ttc a girl! and very much praying that it is a singleton! (our twinsos were born at 32 wks gestation b/c of my PTL)
Since DH's 'buddies' check out fine, we will skip IUI (only used b/c RE was pushing it - THAT and IVF!)
Starting the LE diet with modifications for Insulin Resistance.
Trying to build up to some pretty significant exercise (was told the "do nothing" sway plan for exercise was not good for someone with IR...boo), but challenging with 4 little fellas.
Height: 5' 6", Weight: 150 (would like to get down to 135....)

Anyone have any advice/support?!
I feel like I'm climbing a blue mountain hoping that there is pink at the top.
I would appreciate anything.
Katie
wife to Tim (7 1/2 yrs)
mom to Cale (5), Megersa (2 1/2), Thaddeus & Shepherd (14 months)

michaela
May 10th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome! Are you on Metformin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fourunderfour
May 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I was with my twins. I just started up again with 1 pill (can usually only get to 2 without feeling TOTALLY sick all day) - next week I'll begin with 2.

michaela
May 11th, 2012, 12:11 AM
The most effective dose for helping with IR is 1500-2000mg so what I would do is slowly work your way up to that amount even if it means breaking a pill in half. So go from 500 to 750 but don't increase to the next dose until your GI issues settle down and stay settled for a few days. This will help to really lower your testosterone levels which I think sways pink. I am not up to speed with the swaying stuff but whatever you do stay on the metformin as that will help.a few more tricks are to take it at the exact same time every single day. I would set the alarm on my phone so that I remember at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm (when I was on 2000mg). You can also try the extended release kind, just ask your doc to change the script if you aren't already on it. Other than that I am not good with the swaying stuff so hopefully someone else can help you out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fourunderfour
May 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
i have the ER tabs. would you suggest taking 1 in the morning, 1 a night -working my way to 2 in the morning, 2 at night?
the other question i have is about food - suggestion from the TTC girl forum say that a diet that skips breakfast is best.
as someone who has IR, should i "skip" that info and eat breakfast - maybe a light one?

michaela
May 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
*I need to make sure you understand that any advice I give has nothing to do with swaying whatsoever. If you are okay with that then take my advice and apply it to your own situation :) *

With that disclaimer out there, if you feel okay to skip breakfast in the morning then I don't see why that would be a problem. I would be more concerned about the types of foods you are eating and making sure they lean more on the low carb/grain-free/sugar free side of things versus the number of meals you eat. The key is to avoid foods that make your insulin spike which is typically caused by grains, sugar, and fat free/low fat dairy (specifically milk). The more your insulin spikes the higher the chance of your testosterone staying high which you want to avoid.

You can try and take 2 pills at once and i have done that before but I will do it at night and then space the other 2 pills out during the day. I typically like to have them evenly spaced out as it seems to make the symptoms less noticeable but do what is best for you. Just make sure you are consistent once you find something that works.

fresas
May 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Are you doing high tech or swaying?

In addition to what M said, do not cut XR in half. It has to be taken whole. XR does not work correctly if cut in half or opened if it is a capsule. I take regular metformin 1500mg / day, so I don't take XR, but I work in a pharmacy and I know to leave XR the way they are or will not work as intended. ;)

About meals, if you are swaying, I say you need to do whatever you need to keep your testosterone levels down. There is a girl here who swayed for a girl that stopped Aldactone before she conceived, but ate grains for her diet (I think). I don't know if she is having a boy or girl yet, but she followed a "low everything diet" and conceived. It seems like her weight loss was the biggest thing that helped her with her sway and getting rid of PCOS symptoms.

I personally cannot eat any grains and hope to keep my testosterone at a normal level + try to lose weight. I have to be strictly no-carbs or if I do eat carbs, I have to eat just one serving a day and that serving will be something whole wheat. I already strictly monitor calories and generally eat like this any way because when I eat carbohydrates, I gain weight quickly and all of my PCOS symptoms get worse.

michaela
May 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Good to know about the XR! I only do the regular stuff as I didn't notice a difference in side effects.

fresas
May 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah, anything that is XL, XR, SR, etc cannot be cut in half or it will not work as intended. I can't afford metformin XR, but would rather take that because I hate taking medication more than once a day if I don't have to.

fourunderfour
May 11th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Well HT as far as IVF/PGD no...but I will probably need to do injectables with a trigger shot. When I conceived my twins I did IUI, but that was because the docs really "pumped it up" even though our insurance only covered half. Now we have better insurance (will cover 6 IUI cycles and 3 IVF) but I want to see if I can't go back to clomid - to avoid multiples (:holysheep:) and to try and sway pink.
I have not heard of Aldactone...what is it for? Where do you get it?
I intend to try and lose weight as much as possible to help my sway the most...
I don't think I really gain weight quickly...I am usually a junkfood junkie. Looooove me some sweets!! Myfitnesspal.com has been awesome. For the sheer fact that I do not want to write down everything I eat, I am noticeably eating less and better foods.
For PCOS are you following the LE diet or a variation of the IR diet posted on the "swaying under special circumstances?"
Do you have a link to your friend's sway?
How old are you and DH?
Katie
wife to Tim (7 1/2 yrs)
mom to Cale (5), Megersa (2 1/2 - adopted from Ethiopia), Thaddeus & Shepherd (14mo)

fresas
May 12th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Here is the link to her sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/10296-jjc3434-girl-sway.html

Aldactone is not something you can take while TTC. It is a diuretic used for edema from certain medical problems, but tends to help women with PCOS and androgen levels.

I have a major, major, major sweet tooth, too.

I guess I kind of do a LE diet calorie wise already, but cannot do the normal LE diet the other girls do because they eat more carbohydrates than I can tolerate without gaining five million pounds. If/when I sway again, I'm going to cut out animal protein, go vegetarian for a while, and possibly fast, but may not be able to take metformin then. I don't do well with metformin on an empty stomach. We'll see. I'm still mulling it all over. I'm scared to try to get pregnant again because of the miscarriage in March.

I'm 28 and DH is 29. We have been married for 9 years. :) We have two boys. We have always talked about adopting, but it is not something we can afford to do. It is nice you and your family were able to do that!