PDA

View Full Version : MAY CHIT CHAT

nuthinbutpink
May 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Half way through the month but better late then never, right?

nuthinbutpink
May 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Happy Mother's Day!

dannikins
May 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM
happy mothers day!!!!

Mochagirl
May 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, Happy Mothers Day to all you awesome mamas!

princesssarah34
May 13th, 2012, 11:30 PM
princess congrats on your baby boy he is so cute!!!! I love that pic.
What is gripe water?
Gripe water is a all natural kind of gas drops. Well the last few nights have been much better.....getting a little more sleep. But I had to change his formula to a more Gentle one the other one was giving him tummy trouble....and he start puking last night from the regular kind. I would have rather not done formula but with all my pg I have not been able to breast feed...made me a little sad. Oh well at least my boys are healthy.

auroara78
May 14th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Princess Sarah,

I tried BF'ing DS1 and it never worked, never produced enoguh milk so I had to do formula. With DS2, I was more determined and stuck with it untl about 8 weeks but still wasn't producing enough milk, and he was almost on failure to thrive. He had really bad colic that after 6 weeks of torture we discovered was a milk protein allergy. (My diet had a lot of milk in it, so he was really fussy after BF'ing) so we had to put him on the very expensive Nutramigen. (hypoallerigc formula) it cured all his problems, though he was still natrually a bit cranky. About at 6 months, we switched to soy since the hypoallerigc was too expensive, and he did good on that.

He may have a milk protein allergy like my DS2 did. As much as I would love to try BF'ing again with my baby girl, I know it's hopeless becasue when I was 20 I had a cyst removed from my right breast and I'm pretty sure they cut my milk ducts going in, because that side fills with milk, but nothing ever comes out, not from pumping (it's a drop or two) or baby suckling and my left has never been able to meet the needs of it all. It's like my left just makes enough for the one side. So I think this time I will just stick to formula from day one, because weaning DS2 off was very heartbreaking and I was in a lot of pain for a few days and he really wanted the boob badly.

princesssarah34
May 15th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Wow Auroara that sounds like quite a ordeal! All my boys have had a intolerance to reg. formula....so with Ds#1 who actually screamed when you put him to the breast and would just pass out in exhaust from screaming (I had a nurse tell me she had never seen a baby do that before) I put him on reg. formula and he would puke it back up...so we did the Nutramigen too....he stopped and later did soy with him. DS#2 the NICU had him on High calorie formula because he only weight 5.8 and need to gain weight before he left. But once home we put him on the Gentlelease formula because he was puking up the reg. stuff and he did great on it. So with DS#3 in the hospital they gave him the reg. stuff and that kid I kid you not projectile vomited everytime he ate! So once home I went straight to the Gentlelease and he did fine on it. We switched DS#4's formula last night to Gentlelease and he has not puked once since! And he seems to be sleeping better.....less gas I think on his little tummy!

auroara78
May 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'm glad the gentleese is working! DS1 tolerated reg. formula really well, never spit up, never gassy, he spoiled me so badly that when DS2 had all his feeding issues in the beginning it really floored me. I'm glad to hear your newest son is doing great on it.

And your 1st DS who was on soy ...can he tolerate milk now? Is he doing great? I was a little dubious about soy with DS2 but because he was already 6 mos old and only needed it for another 6 mos I let him be on it since he took it really well.

lobella2
May 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Hey princess, is gripe water something that you buy or make? I have been using the store bought mylecon drops. My DD is really gassy ans sometimes quite uncomfortable. She also has a really loud tummy, I am assuming from gas. I wonder if gripe water would work better?

dannikins
May 15th, 2012, 10:59 PM
gripe water is great i have used it for all of mine, all natural ingredients and works instantly.
you can buy from most pharmacies and even supermarkets..:)

i have a tooth abcess....:(
totally sucks, im not allowed to take anything for it.
cant get into the dr until tomorrow and cant see the dentist until monday.
my whole face is aching.... and i just really need some sleep.

Mochagirl
May 16th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Dannikins - sorry about the tooth - that sounds miserable!

lobella2
May 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
So sorry Dannikans! That sounds very painful.

I am definitely going to buy gripe water today. Poor Lily was so uncomfortable last night. She spent about 2 hours tossing around and pulling up her legs in discomfort. It kept waking her up.

zanacal
May 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Oh no Dannikins! I had an abscess once (I know I spelt that wrong!) and it was hideous, I was puking up and everything. I hope it gets better really soon.

So, it's really quiet here! Who's still left to pop?! Me, Tweedle and Dannikins - anyone else (sorry, memory of a seive!). We haven't heard from Tweedle in a while have we?

I had a presentation scan today and baby is head down with her back to the left - just perfect :D I've been doing some exercises from the spinningbabies website so maybe that's why - although my boys were all back to back regardless! I sit on my ball and do a hoola hoop action each evening and it gives me almost constant crampy braxton hicks (and reminds me what contractions feel like!). I'm trying to think in terms of 'some time next week' rather than my due date - if she's not here by the end of next week I'll adjust my expectations then!

Glittergirl
May 16th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Dannikins, that sounds awful! I hope you get better soon--anything while pregnant is just that much worse...Every ache is ten times magnified and I know it can be just awful. Hopefully they can do something for your soon!

tweedledeedum
May 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hi girls! I've been checking in to read every now and again but haven't posted for a bit. I am due on Tuesday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. My blood pressure has still been a bit up and down so my midwife is going to give me some natural methods to try and get things going. I want to avoid a pitocin induction if at all possible. So hopefully my little one decides to come out on her own any time now.

Z- hope you have an amazing birth and that your little one stays in the proper position. And labor vibes to you too!

Dannikins - can't wait to hear about your birth too! And I can't believe you stayed team green this whole time. You have great willpower!

How are all of the new babies doing? Anyone have some great newborn pictures to share? It's so quiet around here now that most of the babies are here.

zanacal
May 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Let me know what your midwife suggests Tweedle! I can get some pretty strong contractions going with nipple tweaking but they don't last! Good luck!

Mochagirl
May 18th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Labour vibes to all the ladies wanting them: dannikins, Z, Tweedle - is that it? I guess I'll be the only one from our original dd group still waiting - only 4 months to go! :bigsmile:

ELP
May 19th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Wheres Princess sarah gone?? Is her beautiful little man here yet!!!!

And Zana, hurry up and pop that little lady for us already will you:bigsmile:

zanacal
May 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
La la la la la ..... bored!!

princesssarah34
May 19th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Wheres Princess sarah gone?? Is her beautiful little man here yet!!!!

I am here ELP! Been super busy with my little bundle of joy!! He is a great baby.....he only cries when something is wrong! And he has been sleeping in longer periods at night. He only wakes up 2 or 3 times a night to eat and goes right back to sleep! Today we had his baby shower and this little guy got a haul! I am so glad we hubby is building a storage shed for us....other wise we would have no were to put all our stuff and his!

I am checking in here and there watching to see who is going to be next on the baby train! dannikins, Z & Tweedle are next right....hope this little ones come soon for you ladies....happy and healthy of course!!

zanacal
May 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Glad everything's going well Sarah :D

I wake up almost every night thinking it's about to happen! This morning I was up at 3am with period type pains and I may have been able to go back to sleep if I hadn't been so hungry! Instead I had to go downstairs for a couple of sandwiches and a couple of painkillers and I couldn't get back to sleep until 5am. I had a couple of strong braxton hicks and was thinking I should at least be able to hang on until around 5am before waking my mum and dad up to come and look after the boys - then I woke up at 8am not in labour and starving hungry ... again!!

dannikins
May 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
im just checking in to see how everyone is doing....all just waiting....
im totally ready for this bub to arrive now, fully stocked all the cupboards and freezer etc, and shampooed the carpets.
everything is done, just waiting.....
i have my dentist appointment today. hopefully we can all that sorted out , so i i dont have to deal with all of that on top of labour.....

38 weeks today...:)

pinkin2011
May 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Dannikins I had a terrible tooth ache last weekend and I couldnt get into see a dentist until the monday.. I had never had a tooth ache that bad before just would not let up!
They couldnt pull it out but were going to take the nerves out instead BUT my tooth would not numb up and 4 needles later they had to stop and I had to go back on the thursday.. Thursday it still would not numb up properly I got it filled in the end and its only just started to settle down now.. Oh it was a NIGHTMARE!!!

I hope you get yours sorted because I know what your going through!!! You poor thing!

Butterfly Spirit
May 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
im just checking in to see how everyone is doing....all just waiting....
im totally ready for this bub to arrive now, fully stocked all the cupboards and freezer etc, and shampooed the carpets.
everything is done, just waiting.....
i have my dentist appointment today. hopefully we can all that sorted out , so i i dont have to deal with all of that on top of labour.....

38 weeks today...:)

Danikkins, Almost there, How exciting!!! :)

Butterfly Spirit
May 20th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Dannikins I had a terrible tooth ache last weekend and I couldnt get into see a dentist until the monday.. I had never had a tooth ache that bad before just would not let up!
They couldnt pull it out but were going to take the nerves out instead BUT my tooth would not numb up and 4 needles later they had to stop and I had to go back on the thursday.. Thursday it still would not numb up properly I got it filled in the end and its only just started to settle down now.. Oh it was a NIGHTMARE!!!

I hope you get yours sorted because I know what your going through!!! You poor thing!

How are you doing now sweetie? I'm glad it was finally taken care of!!!

Glittergirl
May 21st, 2012, 02:47 AM
Taking a quick peek to see how everyone is....any news? I'm not on here as often....anyone who's on facebook and wants to keep up just PM me. I'd love to see see and share pics. Can't wait to hear baby news in a few weeks!

Glittergirl
May 21st, 2012, 02:50 AM
Hi girls! I've been checking in to read every now and again but haven't posted for a bit. I am due on Tuesday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. My blood pressure has still been a bit up and down so my midwife is going to give me some natural methods to try and get things going. I want to avoid a pitocin induction if at all possible. So hopefully my little one decides to come out on her own any time now.

Z- hope you have an amazing birth and that your little one stays in the proper position. And labor vibes to you too!

Dannikins - can't wait to hear about your birth too! And I can't believe you stayed team green this whole time. You have great willpower!

How are all of the new babies doing? Anyone have some great newborn pictures to share? It's so quiet around here now that most of the babies are here.
Have you ever had your membranes stripped? My Ob did it with ds1 and labor came that evening. I have to say though. it was uncomfortable but not painful.

pinkin2011
May 21st, 2012, 03:13 AM
Butterfly My tooth feels great now!!! Hope it stays that way! Thanks for asking

zanacal
May 21st, 2012, 04:38 AM
I'm doing ok but I'm bored of waiting now! I had so many braxton hicks during the night but slept surprisingly well :D I think I'm just going to spend the day twiddling my nipples ;)

Indira
May 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM
I'm so excited your girl is about to arrive, zanacal! Wishing you a smooth birth:luck:

auroara78
May 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
LOL Z...too funny!

I'm sure it will happen very soon for you Z, wishing you smooth labor vibes!! What is your labor plan again?

zanacal
May 22nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the well wishes! It's so quiet here now with most of you busy with your teeny babies!

Tweedle - any news? It's your due date today right?

I'm not even getting the crampy braxton hicks I was having now! Baby is still moving enough but she's pretty quiet really so I hope she's thinking about coming out to meet me. I made the effort to get out today and went for coffee with my mum and sister this morning and then did a food shop so we have plenty in. It actually looks and feels like summer out there today and that always puts me in a better mood! It's so funny that I never think I'm going to go in to labour during the day. Every night I wonder whether it might be 'the night' but it doesn't really occur to me as I go about my day! Tomorrow is my due date so of course it's the last day I expect to have the baby - but I really just want to get it over with now :D

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Sending you labour vibes, Z - I can't believe you're going to have your little girl in your arms so soon. You and I started this journey together, so please forgive me if I feel I had a part in the making of this wee one :bigsmile: - I almost feel like I'm waiting for a niece to be born ;) I can't wait to see pictures!

Are you still planning to use hypnobabies for the birth? I've been looking more into it and watching YouTube videos of people having babies with it and it looks amazing! DM's sending me her CDs, so hopefully I can give it a go.

DoulaMama
May 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hi Gals! My life is insane lately! I'm so sorry I'm never on here. My hubby leaves for a 5-7 day tour tomorrow am and I just found out about it NOW so I'm kinda panicking a bit as we had asked his company not to schedule him until June...grrrrr :( my baby shower is this Sat and now I have to scramble to find a sitter for all 3 boys. What a PITA.
Plus my kids have ALL been sleeping horribly which could mean very little sleep for me which is not good for my sanity. Oh and we all have colds..even the baby...sigh.

Z- I seriously can't believe how close you are! Any day now!!! I can't wait to see what she looks like:)
About the labour thing...I have thought the exact same thing since my first because I woke up at 4:30am in labour and had him by lunch. But since then, I tend to go into labour in the late afternoon and have my babies in the evening/early am. 1:30am, 12:55am and 8:10pm respectively. I have to say that I enjoyed the 8:10pm the most;) Time to get cleaned up, have a bath, enjoy the baby for a while and then have a good sleep before the next day. Here's to you have the baby on a good child care day and at a great time! This is going to be a great birth :HH:

4 more months Mocha!!!! Woohoooo!!!!

Tweedle! Cannot wait to hear the news!!!!

Dannikans- 2 weeks to go!! So many babies!!!

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
DM - that really sucks that your DH has to go away! I really wish I lived closer - I'd babysit your boys for you in a heartbeat!! I hope those colds go away soon and everyone starts sleeping better.

zanacal
May 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks Aunty Mocha :D I'm not doing the hypnobabies programme but something very similar (or so I imagine!). I've been listening to my various preparation tracks once or twice a day religiously for a few weeks now - sometimes I manage to get through the whole thing but more often than not I fall asleep, though I'm told that's fine! In fact, if I wake in the night with insomnia (as you do when you're heavily pregnant!), once I've emptied my full bladder and filled my empty tummy I put my mp3 player on and play one of those tracks to help me back to sleep! I don't expect for a moment to have one of the no doubt amazing births you've seen on youtube, that just doesn't feel realistic to me based on my history (though it would be lovely!) but I am certain that it will help me nonetheless. I do think it's something pregnant ladies should all do if possible. We hear so many scare stories in real life and on telly that it's no wonder so many ladies are terrified of childbirth and fight against their bodies when it happens - and that often leads to the intervention and complications that we're so scared of in the first place!

DM - sorry life isn't easy at the moment, I'm sure DH going away is the very last thing you need at the moment! I'm loving seeing your photos of Felina, she's so beautiful :D

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
I agree, Z - I doubt I'll have one of those pain free births the women in the videos had, but I just want to try to avoid panicking. DH will think it's all flakey nonsense so i don't expect a lot of support from him, but hopefully my midwives will have some experience with it.

Although this is my 4th baby, this will only be my second time having a natural labour and delivery since they gave me an epidural within minutes of inducing my labour with my twins. With ds3 I know I fought against my body - I felt all my pelvic muscles clench everytime I had a contraction. It didn't help that I was one of those unfortunate ladies who pooped a lot in labour :oops: and I was very self conscious about that every contraction. Anyway a nice big package arrived in the mail today from DM, so I think those must be the CDs - I can't wait to check them out! (thanks, DM!!)

zanacal
May 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Here's a funny story ... after I had DS3 I kept getting an unmistakable smell of poo but I couldn't locate it anywhere in the room. Finally next day the cleaners came in and behind the bin they found some of my poo on a pad which had missed the bin. They were very good and didn't make a big deal about it, just cleaned it away - but I remember sitting on the bed pretending to day dream and not to have noticed!!

lobella2
May 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
DM I am so sorry to hear about you guys all being sick still and your husband going away. I can't imagine how hard that will be with 4 kids. My husband works all day and evening every other day so I am on my own every other day and it is hard work.

Z I keep expecting to see if you have had your baby. Any day now!

We are doing well. Yesterday Lily had her 1 month appointment and she is growing great. She is 9 pounds 2 ounces and 21 1/4 inches long. She is finally out of her newborn clothes:(
We had a long weekend last weekend because she would only take 30 min naps all day, but fortunately since yesterday she has had at least one long nap. She is napping right now and has so far been asleep for 2 1/2 hours. She is so peaceful. However, I hope she gets up soon because I need her to nurse soon. She hasn't eaten in almost 4 hours and I am full!

dannikins
May 22nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
good luck Z!!!
fingers crossed for you.

i had my tooth drilled out, and they drained the abscess , put in a temp filling, and will do a root canal after bub is born.
today is my last day of antibiotics.
my check up the other day went well everything is good, bub is down low in the pelvis, but is currently spine to spine, so im in the middle of trying to get it to swing around.
the midwives have given me caneston pessaries as a precaution, because of me being on antibiotics, dont want to risk bub getting thrush.
other than that, still just waiting.......

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Dannikins - all my babies so far were posterior, and I have a feeling this one will be too. I hope your babe turns around soon! The dental work sounds nasty - you're feeling better now, though - right?

dannikins
May 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
, and here is my 38 weeks pic...:)

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/38weeks.jpg

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Here's a funny story ... after I had DS3 I kept getting an unmistakable smell of poo but I couldn't locate it anywhere in the room. Finally next day the cleaners came in and behind the bin they found some of my poo on a pad which had missed the bin. They were very good and didn't make a big deal about it, just cleaned it away - but I remember sitting on the bed pretending to day dream and not to have noticed!!

LOL that does makes me feel better, thanks. I just hated wearing that backless, short hospital gown, feeling I was on display to the whole room in all my pooping glory. I think this time I'm going to look into my own longer gown for a little more privacy.

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Beautiful belly, dannikins!

dannikins
May 22nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
i got a pretty pusher for the delivery, they are longer, but have all the openings etc for monitors , epis, but at the same time really discreet.
and much cuter than hospital gowns...:)

About Pretty Pushers -- Delivery Gowns and Accessories For The Modern Labor Experience (http://prettypushers.com/about.html)

Mochagirl
May 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
I'll look into those - thanks, Dannikins!

Myloves
May 23rd, 2012, 01:25 AM
Wow! Dannikins, already at 38 weeks. The baby coming out any week now :o.
I hope you have an easy, safe time giving birth. :awe:

zanacal
May 23rd, 2012, 05:43 AM
Mocha - those gowns are awful! I just take in an old t-shirt or nighty to wear but have somehow ended up in one of those hospital gowns each time anyway!

Dannikins - great bump :D The dental work sounds hideous, I hope you're in less pain now. Have you checked out Spinning Babies Home | spinningbabies.com (http://www.spinningbabies.com?) Lots on there for helping with positioning.

Happy due date to me :D I had hours of irregular contractions during the night and thought it was it (again!) so was surprised to wake up still pregnant this morning!! I haven't had many twinges so far today and I don't feel that labour is imminent but who knows!! I'm guessing baby is working on getting in to a good position before she really gets going - which is fine, better to do it in spurts now than when I'm in full blown labour!

dannikins
May 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
hopefully all these false alarms will mean the real deal will go quickly for you Z....
i had a lot of false starts last pregnancy, and when the real thing came, it was only 52 mins from start to finish.....

Mochagirl
May 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Z - I hope she finds the perfect position and comes out soon! I keep wondering if I'm going to wake up to baby news. Maybe tomorrow morning I will!

zanacal
May 24th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Not today Mocha!! I think I only woke once or twice with a Braxton Hick so it was a pretty uneventful night! I've been busy with DS3 today. We went to the barbers and then for coffee and a cake - it was lovely :D I've had the occasional twinge today (having one now!) but I've had so many of them that they don't excite me much - I'm waiting for something which feels different! I'm happy to wait until the weekend now (and have probably jinxed it by saying so!).

Dannikins - yikes, I hope that doesn't happen to me - I would be home alone with DS3 in that timeframe!!

pebmcpd7
May 24th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Awh Zanacal, wishing you all the best, looking forward to hearing your news!!!!

Mochagirl
May 24th, 2012, 12:03 PM
What is it with these girl babies and their desire to be fashionably late? First DM, now you Z...:bigsmile:

zanacal
May 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'm just back from my 40 week midwife appointment with nothing particularly exciting to report! There was talk of offering me a 'stretch and sweep' but baby's head isn't engaged so it wasn't an option. Her head bobs in and out of my pelvis - it's obviously very roomy in there! My blood pressure was slightly elevated for me but they weren't too concerned this late in pregnancy and with it being very hot here the past couple of days (and I'm probably not drinking enough!). I also had a trace of protein in my urine so they're sending my sample off for testing, but again it's probably nothing as I have no symptoms of an infection.

I came home for a nap before collecting the boys and only managed 20 minutes or so before my neighbour started hammering his new fence up outside my bedroom window. I don't know how shift workers manage - I can hardly complain about him hammering at 3pm but it's mighty inconvenient when you need a snooze! I'd rather he was doing it now than when baby arrives and is sleeping in the same room!

So - back to being all 'zen' and waiting patiently. I might venture on to my birthing ball a bit more and go for some walks over the weekend in an effort to get the head to engage but I think that's about it at this stage. Maybe some accupuncture if I'm still waiting next week.

Mochagirl
May 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Sorry about all this waiting, Z - hopefully she'll engage ASAP and arrive over the weekend. I can't wait to see pictures of her!!!

Inglewood
May 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hi all, sorry not had time to catch up, will read more post tom. Girls have colic and things are tough at home. From reading the 1st few posts I see some of the other babies have tummy probs, bless them all :(

Will catch up tom, take care ladies... x

zanacal
May 26th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I woke up quite crampy at 5am today and have had some braxton hicks over the past hour (I had to get up for something to eat!!). Nothing which I would class as labour but I'm hopeful because I don't usually get this first thing in the morning, only during the night and then it's gone by morning! Please send your labour vibes!!

DoulaMama
May 26th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Z- I got your FB message! I've been single parenting it the past 3 days so the only time I can get on the computer and actually type a coherent sentence is when all the kids are sleeping and I've had an ounce or 2 of wine;) LOL!
This little one was low and I would say as engaged as she could be but because I have an exceptionally roomy pelvis she was able to turn around from Op to OA easily. I've had pretty bad back pain with #2 and #3 but had NONE with her at all! And she was pretty much OP through the last half of my pregnancy! I think that if you find yourself in early labour....you should try your best to stay on all fours if you can. Ride in the back seat of your car on all fours if you can. Try to keep her in a good position. I bet she'll come out easily and quickly:) And she'll most likely be a bit smaller than your boys:) Oh and trace protein and slightly elevated BP are TOTALLY normal for a 40w pregnant woman:) I always have trace protein in my urine....(it's also an indicator for you to eat more protein...kinda cool:)
I'm going to PM you as well:)

xoxoxoxo

I'm going to read back through the posts and try to post a bit more... :D

DoulaMama
May 26th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I was having trouble posting these the regular way...so I had to post the link..sorry...

Anyway, the first one is Fina dressed in the layette that was made for me 30 years ago. It was such a neat moment to put that little outfit on her:)

The second pic...well, I bought that little dress when I was pregnant with my first child. I have pulled it out and looked at it many times over the years wondering if I would ever have a little girl that could wear it. I won't lie....I bawled when I put it on her for the first time :tissue: It was a beautiful moment :)

Myloves
May 26th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Wow, your kids are so beautiful Doula!:HH:

dannikins
May 26th, 2012, 04:40 AM
beautiful DM...:)
Z crossing fingers and toes for you...:)

Mochagirl
May 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Dm - I'll never tire of seeing pics of your little girl!

Z - soooooooo exciting! I wish you a swift and easy delivery :HH:

Mochagirl
May 26th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Inglewood - sorry you're having a tough time at home. I've been blessed to never have to deal with colic, but I've known lots of twin mamas who have. I hope you find a way to make your girls (and you) happier soon. :HH:

Mochagirl
May 26th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I just wanted to add, DM, that I have some special clothes like that that I bought while pregnant with my twins over 6 years ago. I started to wonder if I'd ever use them and was dreading having to get rid of them if this babe wasn't a girl. I can't believe I can use them now!!

Has the novelty worn off yet for those of you with girls? I keep thinking that even a diaper change is going to seem like a novel experience.

zanacal
May 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Well I take it all back - but I've had a lovely day in the sunshine in the garden with the boys. I've even been in the paddling pool :D Knackered now though and getting some more braxton hicks - it'll happen one of these days :D

tweedledeedum
May 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Hi girls,

I haven't read any posts for a few days but I just had to share that I had my baby on Monday, May 21! I had an amazing natural delivery with my wonderful midwife. No stitches this time and I have been feeling great! I am so happy to have a little girl. She was born one day before her due date weighing 8 pounds 2.5 ounces, 20 inches long.

Z- labor vibes to you! I can't wait to hear about your birth!

Mochagirl
May 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Woohoo!!!! Congrats, tweedle!!!

zanacal
May 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Wonderful news Tweedle, I've been wondering about you. Big congratulations to you and your family :D

Inglewood
May 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Congrats tweedle!!!

DM lovely pics, beautiful family!

Z, almost there :)

Mocha, the nappy changes are still strange and the novelty is still there, they will be 8wks old tom and withus finally having nice weather I got to go out and buy them summer dresses, gonna post pics on fb (when I get a min!!) lol

Hope everyone else is well? Sneeking off to bed as they waken around 3am.... x

lobella2
May 28th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Congrats tweedle!

princesssarah34
May 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Congrats Tweedle!!!!

Sorry to be so MIA these days but the dynamic has totally changed around here! Things have been crazy busy since Ds#4 arrived...and he is the easy one in all this!
Here is a taste of the going ons around here!
Princess among Princes-1: Memories and Special People (http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/2012/05/memories-and-special-people.html)

Z I am still stalking you...hopefully soon for you!
Dannikins.....how are things coming along for you?

Mochagirl
May 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Beautiful blog, princess - your post made me cry. All your princes are so handsome, and I know prince #4 is watching over all of you.

Myloves
May 29th, 2012, 05:40 AM
I love your blog Princesssarah! Your boys sound so sweet.

Congrats on your baby girl Tweedle!

zanacal
May 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Lovely blog princess - I'm crying too!

Mochagirl
May 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I think it's time for me to have a stern word with little mini miss Z: we're all waiting, little girl! Your Mom is HOT and uncomfortable, and you should come out to enjoy this brief, rare summer weather your country is enjoying before it disappears. You have 3 big brothers who adore you already, and a closet full of pink summer clothes for you to wear. Not to mention, there's a troop of nosy ladies who only know your Mom online who are DYING to see pictures of you and hear about your birth ;). Today's the day - start your journey NOW!

zanacal
May 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I think it's time for me to have a stern word with little mini miss Z: we're all waiting, little girl! Your Mom is HOT and uncomfortable, and you should come out to enjoy this brief, rare summer weather your country is enjoying before it disappears. You have 3 big brothers who adore you already, and a closet full of pink summer clothes for you to wear. Not to mention, there's a troop of nosy ladies who only know your Mom online who are DYING to see pictures of you and hear about your birth ;). Today's the day - start your journey NOW!

Aww Mocha, that brought a tear to my eye! Maybe it won't be too much longer if I'm getting emotional!

auroara78
May 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Princess Sarah, amazing blog....made my teary eyed!! so special and your boys are so incredibly handsome!!!!

princesssarah34
May 29th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks ladies :oops:

Not sure what is up with me lately but I get all memory lane-ish and sentimental and junk lately!
It has been even worse the last few days with my hubby being on baby duty at night so I can sleep! I am one super lucky lady....he is definitely a keeper for sure! And I am totally not sure what I did to deserve having this awesome man love me...and take me at my worse and my best and everything in between...........see there it is again all mushy sentimental showing again! :happycouple:

Still waiting on some more of these cutie pie babies to get here!!
Z......Dannikins.......waiting over here quietly for any news!! :bigsmile:

dannikins
May 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
well i had a disappointing night, night before last.
went to bed as usual, and was woken up at about 2am with painful contractions, front and back, accompanied by lots of pressure in my bits and bum.
decided to wait for a while to see what they were doing before calling L&D, because even thought they were really strong, they werent very consistent as far as timing went, some were back to back, some were 5 mins apart, that sort of thing.

i went and had a big drink and a hot shower and waited to see what was going to happen.
well after a couple of hours they became less intense and eventually they fizzled to the point that i went back to sleep.
i had about 5 hours contracting all up....

so im back to waiting again.....
im not going to waste any energy trying to get things going, i learnt with my youngest that you just cant force it to happen, so im just trying to reserve my energy , but at the same time, keeping upright and active as much as possible.
might try and convince DH to DTD, see if that gets things going....

i will be updating facebook as soon as anything happens, i know a few of you are on my Friends list, so please feel free to update the rest of the group when it does...:)

right now im just hoping i dont go overdue....i really hate being over due!

Mochagirl
May 29th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Sorry about the false start, dannikins. Sending you labour vibes!!! I'll be watching for your announcement on FB!

DoulaMama
May 29th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Danni- I really hope it happens soon, Hun!! FX'd!!!

Z- I've been thinking about you non-stop the last hour....wonder if its a sixth "labour" sense....LOL! I hope so!!! xoxo

zanacal
May 30th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Afraid not DM! I was really sick before I went to bed last night and I wondered whether it was because I was going to go in to labour but it was probably just too much pizza and a too hot bedroom! It was weird though, I'm not usually a vomiter! I'm feeling more pressure down low so I'm really hoping baby might be lower and I *may* have had a bit of a show earlier but I couldn't inspect very carefully as DS1 was watching me! It was just snotty stuff on the tissue when I wiped and I haven't had sex for a couple of days so I don't think it was the other! I keep getting upset because DS1 is going on a school trip tomorrow and I'm really worried about it (they're going to a very busy outdoor show and I'm terrified he'll get lost - then there's my usual worry about traffic accidents ....) and now I'm convinced I'll go in to labour and won't be able to see him off on the bus or collect him to make sure he's ok. On a positive note, a midwife I know (she's mum to a little girl in DS1's class) works at the hospital we'll go to and she's on nights for the next 3 nights and I would love to have her with me. I just feel like this baby's never going to come - silly because of course she is but I'm going to have to have the induction talk with my midwife on Friday if she hasn't arrived by then and I'm not sure how that will go because I would rather have extra monitoring to check me and baby are ok and only induce if that's not the case. I'm babbling I know - my ticker is mocking me!!

Dannikins - sorry about the false start, I hope it happens for real soon!

Indira
May 30th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Hugs zanacal, but it sounds like something is starting to happen! I know how you feel, Ds1 arrived at 41+1 and I was so depressed because it seriously felt liked he wasn´t going to come anymore lol. You´re going to have a great birth in the next days with your midwife friend!:fingers::fingers::fingers:

Mochagirl
May 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
You must be sooo frustrated, Z! I've never gone overdue and hope I never do because I don't think my midwives will let me go very long overdue with a VBAC - and they won't even induce - I'll have to get a c-section!

DoulaMama
May 30th, 2012, 10:51 AM
It really sounds like things are starting to happen! I bet by Friday you'll be holding a baby! I puked like crazy the day before I had #3 and I found it helped efface me and drop him much lower in my pelvis so let's hope it's done the same for you!

And I know you probably know this Mocha but- Overdue does NOT equal big baby or rupture. Midwives are just trying to cover their own butt(as the rules they follow(made by insurance companies) say that they should do things a certain way but many midwives feel that they have no say when it comes to regulations...they actually love it when the woman says no and follows what she feels is best...it's just that they can't tell you that).
Whether you're 2 days or 10 days over makes no difference whether or not the baby will come vaginally. Fat squishes and baby will come out:) Plus, l think that waiting for baby to find the perfect position is really important and will make the birth so much smoother:) Remember that you hold all the power in your hands- they don't LET you do things....you tell them what you want. No one can use force and in the end it's your birth~ you decide what you want:) xoxoxo

zanacal
May 30th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I really don't feel like things are starting to happen - unless being in a really foul, crappy mood (especially with the children!) counts as a sign?!

Butterfly Spirit
May 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Zanacal: Have you tried eating pineapple and spicy food.. and maybe accupressure/accupuncture?
DoulaMama went into labor after her accupuncture session! :)

Mochagirl
May 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your insight, DM. Of course I know in my heart it's my body and my decision, but it's nice to hear from a professional that most midwives would support me in any decision I make. Hopefully it won't be an issue because ds3 came the day before his due date, and I'm really hoping this little girl comes on time!

zanacal
May 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Zanacal: Have you tried eating pineapple and spicy food.. and maybe accupressure/accupuncture?
DoulaMama went into labor after her accupuncture session! :)

I did consider making an acupuncture appointment but it's SO expensive and, in all honesty, I'm not convinced that anything really works and that when people insist things did they likely would have had the baby that day anyway. I just have to remind myself to relax and let her come when she's ready - but I'm having a bad day! We have curry for dinner tonight - but we do that a lot anyway, it doesn't have any effect on my bowels (which I think is the theory when it comes to inducing labour!).

DoulaMama
May 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I agree Z. Most times it doesn't matter what you do...Baby will come when they're ready:) Huge hugs xoxoxo I've been 10 days late twice and 5 days late once and every single time IT SUCKED ASS. I feel your pain.

PS- I was in the most foul mood the day that DS3 came. My hubby even mentioned that hopefully I was in labour as he couldn't imagine me being pregnant any longer....I had him 8 hrs later...LOL

dannikins
May 30th, 2012, 07:38 PM
i have only been over due once 'so far', and it totally sucks!
everyday you are over due feels like a month, its the most torturous, dragged out part of the entire pregnancy.

really hope your little one gets moving real soon Z, like today would be good...:)

zanacal
May 31st, 2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks both x

I was pleased not to go in to labour overnight so I could get DS1 off on his school trip and I get to collect him in half an hour - I'll be so relieved to have him home! I've been getting braxton hicks all day long which hasn't happened before (they're usually very on and off!) so I'm hopeful for tonight - my last chance for a May baby!!

Mochagirl
May 31st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Z - I really hope tonight's the night! :HH:

Butterfly Spirit
May 31st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Eat pineapple Z.. just try it! ;)

zanacal
May 31st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Everything I've read says it's a no-go - and I can't be bothered ripping my mouth to pieces to test it! I think I'm far better off just relaxing and thinking good things :D Thanks though!

Glittergirl
May 31st, 2012, 04:45 PM
wow Z
all those braxtons...yup tonight is the night!

zanacal
May 31st, 2012, 04:56 PM
wow Z
all those braxtons...yup tonight is the night!

If I hadn't been so on-off I'd think so! They're reminding me of how 'proper' labour feels - eek and owch!

dannikins
May 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
not much to report, still here....but i did lose heaps of plug this morning, so hopefully something will happen soon......

zanacal
May 31st, 2012, 10:27 PM
FX Dannikins!

Inglewood
June 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
FX Dannikins and Z!!! xx

lobella2
June 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
I am not on here much anymore, but I just came by to check.

Good luck Zanacal and Dannikans. I hope you are holding your precious babies very soon.

princesssarah34
June 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Had to share my lastest blog post with you ladies...... Princess among Princes-1: Princes says some funny things! (http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/2012/06/princes-says-some-funny-things.html) .....this is why I love my boys...there is no lack of fun around here!
:giggle:

And I am stalking still Z and Dannikins........hoping to here your little bundles will join you soon!! :fx:

Mochagirl
June 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Oh yes, dannikins - labour vibes to you too! I can't wait to see if you're getting a prince or princess!!

Inglewood
June 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
stalking... x

dannikins
June 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
huge congrats Z!!!!!

pebmcpd7
June 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Your turn next Dannikins!!!!! Best Wishes...

Myloves
June 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Did Zanacal give birth?! Congrats Z!!

dannikins
June 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
yep she did...:) 10 days over due i think it was.....

Mochagirl
June 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hey ladies - I've been stalking dannikins' FB page, and it looks like she had her baby last night...and it's a GIRL!!!!

I hope she doesn't mind me updating, but I know everyone was dying to know what she was having.

Danni - I'm so thrilled for you! Enjoy your daughter!

DoulaMama
June 5th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I was stalking her FB page this am and I just saw the news!!! Soooo excited for you, Danni!!!! Enjoy your new little peanut!!! xoxo

auroara78
June 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Grats Danni...can't wait to see pix and hear the name!!!!!!!!! Whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!

princesssarah34
June 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
OMG....see what happens when my computer crashes (yet again) and I am without it for a whole day!!!
Congrats Z and Dannikins!!!!!

I must say this as I hear all the awesome baby girls being born after 3 or more boys......"I am a little sad!"
Don't get me wrong after everything I have been through I love my boys and wouldn't change them or the fact I have them....but with the paper signed to signify the finality of not having more children and never having a little girl ever.....my heart is sad....sigh......just another bump in my already crazy life I guess.
Sorry been a little down these days with the thought of never having more kids.....even if they were all boys!

auroara78
June 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Princess Sarah,

I can only imagine the finality being tough. I told myself that 3 was my max, and now we're having 3, my heart still longs for a 4th!!! I'm not even done being pregnant with my 3rd and I feel this weird need to keep the door open for another. I can totally relate to how that must feel...I read your entire blog this weekend and it moved me to tears several times, but especially the parts about your angel baby Evan....my DS2 is named Evan, and everytime I read the name, it gave me goosebumps! You have been thru so much, but your boys are sooo handsome and cute! Looks like you have such an awesome family...I love how even your pets are of the male persuasion!

Mochagirl
June 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
:hugs:, princess - I think everything you're feeling is completely normal - especially with all the postpartum hormones you're dealing with. This baby would have been it for me too - boy or girl.

tweedledeedum
June 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Congrats Z, I can't believe she is finally here!

Congrats to you too Dannikins! Did you have a feeling it was a girl? So exciting!

Hugs Princess. I am not feeling done either and I'm not sure I ever will. It is so hard to close the door on that chapter of life, I think.

Indira
June 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Congratulations dannikins!!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Princess:hugs: I can totally imagine you feel this way, don´t know what to say :HH:

Mochagirl
June 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hey ladies - I started a June thread. Continue on here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-march-april-may-2012/11127-june-chatter.html