PDA

View Full Version : Diva cup

Aprincessforme
May 14th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I read Diva cup is good to use to help get pregnant. I am 39 and am planning on doing a 2 or 3 day cutoff and was wondering if I should use one of those. I heard you can buy them at a health food store. I was thinking use one right after dtd in the eve and then take it out the next day. Any thoughts please would be great.

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Aprincess, I really really hope you have time to read the "Trouble With Timing" essay I linked you to in your other thread. At 39, you don't have time on your side unfortunately and you need to get pregnant fast. Timing doesn't even sway and a 2 and esp. 3 day cutoff while swaying, is going to reduce your odds of pregnancy by a lot. I think it's best to BD at positive OPK, gives you the best shot of conception while swaying and also the best timing studies have shown 50-50 boys and girls conceived thru the entire cycle , with even a few more girls than boys conceived on O day and day before O (which is the day of positive OPK).

Using a Diva cup may up odds of pregnancy but so does just laying flat for 15-30 minutes after intercourse. You may not even WANT to keep all the swimmers up there for pink anyway - more sperm seem to = more boys conceived. I would not waste my time or money on a Diva.

Aprincessforme
May 16th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Thank you!! Thats what I was thinking!!!