PDA

View Full Version : How does my SWAY sound

Aprincessforme
May 14th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Just wanted to see if this seemed like It was complete or missing anything.....

Ok, first off my last BOY was a sway that did not work. We dtd 3 times during fertile period and did not abstain before. So this time I have DH abstaining. We will be abstaining for 14 days (I think that is how long it would have been, maybe 12). I plan on doing this one time with a 2 day cut-off, maybe 3 day , not sure just yet. I was going to use replens because I read rephresh is a lube, so I will use it a few times before my cut off and maybe one time before actual attempt, like a finger of it. I have been on diet for maybe 6 months, some cheating here and there but not a lot. I have eaten a very low calorie diet and I can feel my stomach growling all day everyday for months now. I have been taking supplements for 6 months already. 1200 calcium/250 magnesium baby aspirin and folic acid. I have my dh taking cranberry and sometimes cal/mag but only 600mg. He wont do diet, but I have been making more pastas and chicken than anything else. I have been making turkey tacos a lot so he doesn't know! I have a cup of peppermint tea everyday starting when AF arrived to O time. I was thinking of using Diva cup but not sure yet. I read it helps with conception. I am 39 and never have had a problem, but have swayed for 3 months now with no success, although I did a 0+12 each month. Not going to do that and try a cut-off instead. Did I miss anything. I took bit from other ladies sways and put this together. This is what I thought would be great for me. Any input please.

zanacal
May 14th, 2012, 05:12 AM
The information that Rephresh is a lube is incorrect. It's a gel which keeps working for up to 3 days to keep your pH in your VJ at around 4.5/5 - so when higher pH substances (like EWCM or semen) come on to the scene it reacts with them to lower your pH. I would use the Rephresh every 3 days after AF and a day or so before your attempt, then you could add Replens close to your attempt if you want to add that also. Replens is a one time deal and it doesn't keep working or react with other substances. Here's the essay on Rephresh and Replens:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1066-complete-guide-replens-rephresh.html

If you're doing an abstain and only one attempt then I wouldn't do a 3 day cut off. If you really want to do a cut-off of 2-3 days then I'd go with 2 - better still have your attempt on the day of your +OPK. Timing (as in when you DTD in relation to O) doesn't sway but some of the timing methods really reduce your chances of pregnancy. If DH is a similar age to you you may want to consider frequent release instead of an abstain also.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

I personally wouldn't use a Diva cup as in doing so you're helping to keep the sperm closer to your cervix - but for a pink sway we're trying to reduce sperm count. Lower sperm numbers overall seem to sway pink for reasons we don't completely understand.

Aprincessforme
May 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thank you!! So you would recommend 2 day cutoff then? Yes my DH is a few years older than me but he recently had a semen analysis and his count was high. We DTD multiple times during the 2 weeks of O time and I got another boy. With all my pregnancies, so I wanted to do it a different way. Also, my ph is in the 4's and I bought Replens, so replens is good for 5 mins before Bding and after? Can I use it everyday leading up to attempt?? What about day after attempt and day of O to keep PH down??? How about J&D??? Should TTC pink to that even though its a cutoff?? Hopefully diet is working and I really dont have to worry!! Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!! Forgot to add....my Ph is 4.3-4.5 right now so around O it will go up a bit, so is ik ok if I just use a fingertip of Replens 5 mins before bding and then NOT use it 3 days leading up to my attempt. Then after attempt check ph and if it spiked up during O time can I use another fingertip of it to bring PH down if need be???

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Please read the link I gave you about RepHresh in your other post before deciding what to do about jelly. RepHresh is not a lube and in fact we believe it to be the best jelly out there because it reacts with everything to lower pH to 4.5 for up to 3 days after use. Replens, Acijel, and

If you are trying for O+12 at 39, you may as well be taking a birth control pill. The older we get, the less time our eggs live and many of our eggs may not even live 12 hours past ovulation. Sperm take a minimum opf 4 hours to capacitate and may take longer still to reach your egg, and the less CM and other fluids in your repro tract (swaying dries these fluids up) the longer it takes sperm to get there. So by the time the sperm get to the egg, the egg is dead and gone. When I was TTC DS 4 back on Ingender 3 years ago, I was in a group called "Mature Mamas" for ladies in their late 30's and 40's, and several of them tried O+12 for months and even years, and none of them ever got pregnant doing it.

If you MUST do timing I would strongly suggest no longer than 2 days. If you BD at positive OPK, that's still a small cutoff of 1 1/2 days or so, and will really help you get pregnant.

You can't mess around too much with sway tactics when you're 39. Unfortunately the clock is ticking and time is not on your side. First and foremost you need to do what it takes to get pregnant, because none of us know when the last fresh egg in the carton will come around. If you can't get pregnant, you ahve no shot at your desired gender.

I generally advise people to drop meat all together, even chicken, but that's your call to make.

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you!! So you would recommend 2 day cutoff then? Yes my DH is a few years older than me but he recently had a semen analysis and his count was high. We DTD multiple times during the 2 weeks of O time and I got another boy. With all my pregnancies, so I wanted to do it a different way. Also, my ph is in the 4's and I bought Replens, so replens is good for 5 mins before Bding and after? Can I use it everyday leading up to attempt?? What about day after attempt and day of O to keep PH down??? How about J&D??? Should TTC pink to that even though its a cutoff?? Hopefully diet is working and I really dont have to worry!! Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!! Forgot to add....my Ph is 4.3-4.5 right now so around O it will go up a bit, so is ik ok if I just use a fingertip of Replens 5 mins before bding and then NOT use it 3 days leading up to my attempt. Then after attempt check ph and if it spiked up during O time can I use another fingertip of it to bring PH down if need be???

If your husband is older, it's best not to do abstain and you can read why here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/8801-articles-studies-about-why-abstain-not-good-males-over-35-a.html It has nothing to do with sperm count, it has to do with microscopic DNA damage that can cause birth defects and other things such as autism.

Those links we've posted have very in depth and detailed answers to all your questions (the RepHresh link also has info about Replens and Acijel). I know there are a lot of them to get thru but they're really much better and more thorough. Plus I'm sure you understand it's hard to explain everything to each individual (impossible actually) and that's why we have the links. Then if you have any questions AFTER reading them, please let me know so I can explain at that point. :)