PDA

View Full Version : Hi Dr Potter, can you see problems such as the Turner Syndrom when you test the probes?

Milybaby
May 15th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Hi Doctor Potter!

I would like to know if you can see problems such as the Turner Syndrome when you test the probes?

In fact, the second wife of my husband's father was pregnant with a little girl who had this syndrom and the pregnancy ended up in a termination... Can it be hereditary or not?

Thank you doctor Potter!

Emilie

Dr. Potter
June 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
Hi Doctor Potter!

I would like to know if you can see problems such as the Turner Syndrome when you test the probes?

In fact, the second wife of my husband's father was pregnant with a little girl who had this syndrom and the pregnancy ended up in a termination... Can it be hereditary or not?

Thank you doctor Potter!

EmilieTurner syndrome easily detected with the technology currently used for PGD gender selection. Obviously, the various technologies have different accuracy rates with FISH being lowest, followed by day 3 aCGH, then day 5 aCGH/day 3 or 5 GSN (Natera).Turner syndrome is when the karyotype is 45X0 meaning that the sex chromosome pair which is either XY (male) or XX (female) is missing a chromosome. It is most commonly not passed on in families but it is usually from a defective sperm. It is generally a sporadic event.