PDA

View Full Version : Flying while pregnant

Hobbermittens
May 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I have done this once, while pregnant with DC2, but I can't remember how far along I was (It was during the second trimester). I will be 25 and 27 weeks while flying this time. Is this okay? There are two pretty short flights (1.5-2hrs) with a layover in between.

Have you done this before, and how did it go?

MatildaMai
May 16th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I've did a lot of flying while pregnant with my twins. I never had any issues but I would always use medical compression stockings especially once in the 2nd trimester. And drink lots of water otherwise I would suffer from headaches. When I was 17wks I flew from Geneva to London (very short 1.5hr flight) and once I got home and took my boots off my feet and ankles swelled right up and it took a couple of sessions of acupuncture to get them back to normal so i could get my shoes on again! I used to wear the stay up / thigh high compression stockings as I found the pantyhose type too hot and tight, especially on long haul flights.

Hobbermittens
May 16th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the tip about the stockings. I will ask my doctor where to get some of those!

dloui128
May 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM
My Dr did say I could fly up to 32 weeks and yours is a short flight, I agree with the compression stockings though to keep the swelling down

Hobbermittens
May 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks dloui!

Kiara
May 17th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I flew in week 34 ( a long flight) and everything went fine. Just try to walk around and like it been said here , use the stockings. Good luck!

Hobbermittens
May 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Kiara!