PDA

View Full Version : hmmm.. you might be right about calcium atomic!!

lindi
January 24th, 2011, 11:18 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UzQ6DeI4ZQoJ:www.healthyfellow.com/149/calcium-secrets/+calcium+testosterone&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

I'm starting to come round to your way of thinking.... thank you so much for all the analysis and info you put on this site!

nuthinbutpink
January 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Great article, lindi!

Viene
January 25th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks for sharing!

The thing it says in the bottom about higher insulin levels equals lower testosterone in men made me realize that it works opposite in women with PCOS. More insulin equals more testosterone for PCOS gals.

lindi
January 25th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for sharing!

The thing it says in the bottom about higher insulin levels equals lower testosterone in men made me realize that it works opposite in women with PCOS. More insulin equals more testosterone for PCOS gals.

Hmmm... You're right.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 09:27 AM
The calcium/testosterone link is extremely interesting because bone mass also increases with the amount of muscle you have - it makes sense to me on a gut level that in order to build maximum muscle mass (because of and along with elevated testosterone) you may NEED to simultaneously increase your calcium at the same time. Meaning that a mechanism could easily have evolved so that increased calcium intake triggers testosterone production. Your body WANTS to have big muscles and it takes every opportunity to build them, so if your diet helped increase your bone mass, your body might "think" it's a good time to build muscle as well.

Let me think on the insulin thing for a bit. Insulin is complicated!!

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/calcium-a-testosterone-booster/
http://www.ergo-log.com/calciumt.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/140779-list-things-that-increase-testosterone/

lindi
January 26th, 2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.livestrong.com/article/140779-list-things-that-increase-testosterone/[/QUOTE]

another reason I've got that fiber capsule going! I'm starting to see some serious flaws with the IG diet. AND did you know cilantro lowers testosterone?

lindi
January 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.ergo-log.com/calciumt.html

this study talks about calcium gluconate- and IG recommends very adamantly calcium CITRATE. Any reason for that you think?

Viene
January 26th, 2011, 06:36 PM
AND did you know cilantro lowers testosterone?

Seriously? Wow, I've never heard that before. I eat a lot of cilantro. Love the stuff.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Calcium citrate is supposed to be better absorbed. But we dont' even know if we WANT the calcium to be absorbed into our bones. All we really know is that women who followed the French-style diet had more girls. We don't know why.

Great info about the cilantro! I so appreciate all your info!!!

Another princess
January 26th, 2011, 08:54 PM
The Calcuim Citrate is also supposed to lower CM ph, whereas the Calcuim carbonate which was originally recommended on IG was actually found to increase PH. Im so glad that i am not ttc just yet as im so so confused about Calcuim and whether or not i should increase it/ take supps as part of my sway. All i do know is that i conceived my daughter when taking calcuim, mag,vit d supps and eating yogurt daily but on the other hand maybe it was other factors such as the low soduim/pot, cut off and lime douche which tipped the balance in my favour of conceiving a girl. Suppose i will never know for sure! Thanks ladies for all this research. Dont know about you but im sure its increasing my testosterone though ha ha!

lindi
January 27th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Dont know about you but im sure its increasing my testosterone though ha ha!

I know! I gotta stop and go get like 10 pedicures in a row to counteract all this research!!!!

Another princess
January 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I know! I gotta stop and go get like 10 pedicures in a row to counteract all this research!!!!

Ha ha! Seriously though you dont wanna do that! Nail varnish isnt good anymore, honestly ha ha. I read on here and googled myself that nail polish infact increases estrogen and we dont want high estrogen. I am right aren't i? or am i getting all confused?

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 09:24 AM

TBH I think that is one of the main reasons why I have DS 4. Doing tons of swaying research and getting all excited over discoveries!

Proceed with caution!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Ha ha! Seriously though you dont wanna do that! Nail varnish isnt good anymore, honestly ha ha. I read on here and googled myself that nail polish infact increases estrogen and we dont want high estrogen. I am right aren't i? or am i getting all confused?

I know TONS of women who are scrupulous about their nails and have all girls. I hardly ever paint my nails and have all boys. I seriously doubt that unless you're snorting the stuff (or are working around it all day long), nail polish could have much impact at all.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 09:27 AM
The Calcuim Citrate is also supposed to lower CM ph, whereas the Calcuim carbonate which was originally recommended on IG was actually found to increase PH. Im so glad that i am not ttc just yet as im so so confused about Calcuim and whether or not i should increase it/ take supps as part of my sway. All i do know is that i conceived my daughter when taking calcuim, mag,vit d supps and eating yogurt daily but on the other hand maybe it was other factors such as the low soduim/pot, cut off and lime douche which tipped the balance in my favour of conceiving a girl. Suppose i will never know for sure! Thanks ladies for all this research. Dont know about you but im sure its increasing my testosterone though ha ha!

If that is what worked for you before, don't mess with success!!! I just want people to know that calcium is not a magic bullet so you can sway with the most information possible. It is confusing for sure and I wish I had a crystal ball to look into and KNOW what the right things to do are!!!

Another princess
January 27th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Oh course Atomic, thanks for sharing this info. From looking at the research you found, yes i agree calcuim is not the 'magic bullet!' My mom had all daughters and she doesnt have a diet high it calcium at all. The only dairy she has is probably the milk in her cup of tea and milk with the occasional bowl of cereal or milk pudding. Shes doesnt like cheese or eggs. I think she has the typical low nutritional diet and probably quite low calorie - doesnt snack and skips breakfast alot. She doesnt like many veg and has never touched a tomato but does eat green beans.

lindi
January 28th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Oh course Atomic, thanks for sharing this info. From looking at the research you found, yes i agree calcuim is not the 'magic bullet!' My mom had all daughters and she doesnt have a diet high it calcium at all. The only dairy she has is probably the milk in her cup of tea and milk with the occasional bowl of cereal or milk pudding. Shes doesnt like cheese or eggs. I think she has the typical low nutritional diet and probably quite low calorie - doesnt snack and skips breakfast alot. She doesnt like many veg and has never touched a tomato but does eat green beans.

sounds so perfect! God, I was googling all morning and so I hit the spa today- how does 2 hours in hot tubs/cold tubs/sauna/steam room/massage sound to level that testosterone? I think the main thing about nails is it has such a feminine vibe. Just pamper yourself and dont eat. Forget everything else. My new girl sway.

Another princess
January 28th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Ha ha, now that sounds a great idea! So are you feeling more relaxed since hitting the spa?

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Mine too! She drank 1 half-pint of milk a day at school with her school lunch (she was a teacher) and hardly ever ate cheese, yogurt, or ice cream. I've never seen her eat breakfast except on weekends, or even a bowl of cereal ever. She also has terrible osteoporosis and she is only 64 years old. 3 girls (lost one) one boy.

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM
sounds so perfect! God, I was googling all morning and so I hit the spa today- how does 2 hours in hot tubs/cold tubs/sauna/steam room/massage sound to level that testosterone? I think the main thing about nails is it has such a feminine vibe. Just pamper yourself and dont eat. Forget everything else. My new girl sway.

I think you're onto something there! Enjoy!!!