PDA

View Full Version : Preparing myself for boy #4

KnockYourBallsOff
May 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Had my 12 week scan today and it looks like boy #4. My pics isn't great, but my eyes saw something boy during the scan. I know I'm not out yet, but The hard core sway and wishing and hoping are fading and reality is setting in.

I am feeling fine. But sooo dreading others comments and remarks. DH is awesome and a great dad. He's open to lots of kids. I just get such HORRIBEL m/s and the thought of going through all this again is exhausting.

I only wish for a girl so I could see if I'd feel 'complete' or if we'd still want more despite a mixed gender family.

Thanks for the vent. Love you ladies :)

begonia
May 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
:hugs: GD bites. So do the comments! But I have to say... with 3 of a kind you've probably already heard most of them, you know? Walk around with a pack of gold star stickers in your purse and when someone says something rotten to you pat a sticker on their hand and say "That's the BEST one I've heard in the last 10 whole minutes!"

Glad your DH is open to lots of kids! It's good you have that because at least you won't feel like this is your LAST shot, KWIM? Mine wasn't up for more originally but is now, LOL :) War of attrition. And I find that when I'm naked I can get just about anything I want :rofl: He really would have been OK if we stopped at one though.

Re: the wishing to know if you'd feel complete with a mix I totally get that, I wonder the same myself. I actually think if I had a mix I'd still want a 4th, in fact, I'd be MORE into having a 4th because there'd be no fear involved. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you get your girl, and then want to try to have another ... babies are awfully persuasive when they're naked too :bigsmile: Those chubby thighs get me every.single.time. Or the wrinkly flat bottoms. LOL. SO CUTE. If ONLY one of mine came with a penis... anyhow I just can't bear thinking this one is my last one ... that's why I think even if I had a mix I'd go for 4.

Clearly I have lots of pink dust so here *~*~*~*~*~*~* FX for you!!

KnockYourBallsOff
May 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
I can get ANYTHING I want when I'm naked too! LOL Why just yesterday I got DH to let me hire some carpet steamers :) LOL

My 3rd little man is the CUTEST thing EVER. I'll try to post a pic soon. My DH is IN LOVE with him. They have a close bond. DH looks at him daily and says...let's have 10!

begonia
May 21st, 2012, 09:02 PM
10 is perfect!!! 6 more shots at pink :) My FIL is 1 of 10; he was the 5th child and the first boy... so I keep telling DH we just have to keep going and we'll get there eventually :bigsmile:

auroara78
May 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
KnockYourBallsOff,

I'm sorry your NT scan didn't scream girl, but as you know, there is still a chance, though I think it's good that you are groudning yourself in reality.

For what its worth, if this had been boy 3, I would have felt really mixed about going for a 4th being that A) my sway 'failed' (I do hate that term!) B) I would have even felt that boy 4 would have been more likely, though I'm sure statistics are pretty evenly 50-50 every time you try to concieve.

Since finding out I'm having my long-awaited daughter, it has driven my interest in having a 4th by about 150%. My husband still wants the 3rd boy he feels robbed of :think: and I'd be interested in seeing if maybe we couldn't have a 2nd girl to give my daughter a sister...However, I really do believe we'd have a 3rd boy and I'm OK with that because the pressure is now 'off', iykwim?

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes better....I know M/S is so rough!!! I don't even get it that bad, I just hate the way it changes the taste of food and the constant seasickness....has it gotten any better for you yet?

And RE: getting what you want and being naked, my husband doesn't trust anything I suggest when I'm naked, so I'm better off staying clothed but wearing something sexy...that's the way to his heart :rofl:

KnockYourBallsOff
May 22nd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks girls.

I almost just want all boy gueses to just come to grips, and move on. DH and I had a really good talk last night. He still wants to go team green. I agreed, but told him that he has to be aware that post-partum emotions will be a real issue for me if it's aboy, and I'll need his support and understanding, as I don't have anyone else to talk to (except you gals.)

girlmom
May 22nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
im so sorry you didn't hear girl, i was really rooting for you hun. i know you may be sad now but congrats. you got so easily but i prayed for for over 10 years. it really does get easier, im not sure how old your boys are but honestly once the older ones got to school and i wasn't overwhelmed with so many kids i began to realize i didn't need a boy to complete me. my family is pretty awesome. yours is too! congrats again.

Grandma-Ama
May 23rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Knock; 12 weeks is still so soon to tell! Everything looks the same...I had three girls first and wanted a son so badly and finally he came! So hold on to that and paint your toe nails PINK!

Waiting4Daisy
May 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
I know a family IRL with 4 boys and they are the coolest family ever. I don't know if she ever had GD, I doubt it to be honest because she seems totally smitten with her boys but who knows, but they are done and she is happy. They are all little too, maybe 4 under 6 or something.

I think you know your family is complete when it is complete, whether you get your DG or not. 5 is our absolute max. If a girl isn't in the mix, we won't have anymore. I don't want to keep putting my body through having children, as much as I love the end result, to try and get a girl.

At 12 weeks you don't know for sure, but my third son had a classic boy nub and yep, he was all boy. I hope you get a big surprise anyway :-) xxx

wocket
May 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM
KnockYourBallsOff: I'm in the same boat as you. My 12 week scan is screaming boy. I hope that it's wrong for both of us!!!!

KnockYourBallsOff
May 28th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks wocket! Darn nub scans! There are a blessing and a curse!!!

fivebabies
May 30th, 2012, 11:45 PM
So sorry to hear you're discouraged! :*( Just wait, you never know what could happen. Nive that your DH is on board for more if you so choose.

Why aren't you with our Due in December group??

pinkin2011
May 30th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Mine is screaming boy too!! I know how you are feeling! xoxo

moof4
June 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
You never know you, i dont think it is 100% till we have our babe in arms. Good luck.