PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the teething foods??

nuthinbutpink
January 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM
It seems like last time there were products that a 6 month old could teeth on last time around...now everything is for toddlers...what do you give your kids for early teething/finger bites?

Tweens&aBaby
January 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I still freeze the little O shaped, fill with water things (even though you aren't supposed) and the biter biscuit things. Lots of chew toys. Do you have a Sophie the Giraffe?

nuthinbutpink
January 25th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Yep, have Sophie. I'm talking about FOOD though! My guy likes to eat! He ate some quartered cheerios today! He has the random 2 top incisors and both bottom teeth are coming through...so he is gumming them but he eyeballs everything we are eating. He gagged on the yogurt puff things from gerber- and I had smashed them up before letting him try it.

Tweens&aBaby
January 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Do you have those little mesh bags? I will try and find a link. You could freeze fruits and let him bite the food out with out worrying about choking.

Tweens&aBaby
January 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Fresh-Food-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295993260&sr=8-1

nuthinbutpink
January 25th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I know I need to try those. I haven't bought those yet. I will try them. Thanks!

chachamama
January 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Your DS is 6 months? I think at 6 months I was letting my boys have graham crackers (as long as I watched them really carefully!) and they loved those puffs. I also did cheerios, uncut though. They LOVED those biter biscuits but what a freakin' mess those things are.. LOL

Do you have these at your local grocery stores??
http://cocofoods.com/index.php/what-we-make/snack.html

They are great for little kids because they dissolve VERY quickly. I think they taste like nothing, but lots of adults I know love them for putting jelly or stuff on them even.

Gus
January 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
The boys lived on biter biscuits and those toast things. Dd didn't really care for the biscuits but she loved those MumMum things. The veggie ones are gross, IMO, but the plain ones were actually pretty good. :)

Tweens&aBaby
January 26th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Do you have these at your local grocery stores??
http://cocofoods.com/index.php/what-we-make/snack.html

Are these in the U.S.?

Liv
January 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM
What about freezing a bagel? I remember reading that somewhere.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
They used to have Gerber Yogurt drops that are marketed to toddlers but I would break them up into bits. I haven't seen those around for awhile now that I think about it.

Will he do Veg-All? Supposedly I lived on that stuff as a baby. Marshall also likes just the little baby peas and they are so squishy he's never choked.

chachamama
January 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Are these in the U.S.?

Yes, I live in the US - Northeast

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 01:19 PM
cherrios and graham crackers. I just watched them really good when eating them. I would also give them those biscuits you find in the baby isle. As far as regular food, I have a whole list if you are interested. My boys loved to eat...LOL My girl did too! Still does!