PDA

View Full Version : cayenne pepper for ttc girl?

lindi
January 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I know there is some worry with taking these blood thinners (cran or asprin) and eating a diet where elimination is kinda hindered, and nuthinbutpink posted in the HT forums about taking cayenne pepper during her IVF transfer- it looks like its a miracle substance! Does anyone see any conflicts with the TTC diet and some occasional cayenne pepper to help cleanse the body and take away the worry of excess bleeding or heart palpitations from the low potassium diet? Thoughts? Too healthy?
http://www.cayennepepper.info/health-benefits-of-cayenne-pepper.html

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I read that too and was very interested! I'm going to add it to the boosting egg quality section.

It may be too healthy for pink because peppers do contain phytochemicals, but I do think if you're eating a low protein, low calorie diet that you can fudge a bit on the nutrients.

I'm curious to see how it affects pH and CM. Anyone want to test? I would but I'm breastfeeding and cycles are not predictable.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
The acid/alkaline charts say that cayenne is alkaline and drinking lemon/cayenne water will make you more alkaline.

Still curious about the CM though. My husband swears by cayenne when he has a cold because he says it makes his nose run...may make MORE CM?

Probably should be avoided for TTC pink. :(

lindi
January 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well the lemon would be alkaline, but you could just take cayenne in water or something, and chase it with a cranberry tonic cocktail....I just found out quinine lowers testosterone too so thats my drink of choice to cut that intense cranberry juice with.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Quinine is in "tonic water" sold alongside things like club soda and seltzer. Great info lindi!! Question - does tonic water contain salt?? Seltzer may be another good choice to thin out cran juice, it has 0% of everything!!

PS - stay away from Club Soda for TTC pink, because it contains baking soda.

lindi
January 27th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Pretty sure Tonic is low sodium. Quinine in the tonic I think is really helpful... I can't take too much straight cran I need to cut it with something. I might see if I can find some DIET tonic to mix with cran! now that's one powerful girl sway drink! The acid of the cran and aspartame, and the testosterone lowering power of the quinine!