PDA

View Full Version : Aggh! HYPERglycaemic environment in cows leads to MORE girls?

HopingWishingPraying
May 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hyperglycemia-induced apoptosis affects sex ratio of bovine and murine preimplantation embryos - Jim[]nez - 2003 - Molecular Reproduction and Development - Wiley Online Library (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mrd.10286/abstract)

Totally stressing! Isn't this the opposite of what we are trying to achieve? Aggh! This sort of thing sends me into a tail spin when I think I have gotten my sway plan sorted. Help!

Waiting4Daisy
May 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Deleted.

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
amari also has low blood sugar and has all boys too.

Remember, NO blasts like very high blood sugar levels. It may be that the XY can't withstand the super high blood sugar, which seems to fit in with the general trend that boys are happiest in the middle and girls do better at either extreme.

Diabetic mothers are often on insulin which lowers blood sugar extremely low. And if you have low blood sugar and are craving sweets and having to eat all the time, that may translate to higher glucose in your CM and it certainly would mean a higher nutrient diet overall. Or, it may be that strong and healthy beans of either gender can withstand a pretty wide variety of environments and it's only the ones on the margins who are affected much by glucose levels.

I wish I had all the answers, but we don't have enough data yet. All I can say is that I believe the data points pretty strongly towards lower caloric intake and lower blood sugar swaying pink. (They've SEEN it happen in the lab and that's the only part of swaying where researchers can say that.) But it's not JUST lower blood sugar that matters, it's fertility overall, declining/improving maternal condition, male sperm count and quality, and on top of it all, luck.

Where the rubber hits the road, we've been getting good results with the LE Diet. The fact is that it's easier for most people to reliably lower their blood sugar thru eating patterns than it could ever be to reliably raise blood sugar to dangerous levels where apoptopsis sets in (that means CELL DEATH) and it's also not good for a developing embryo or your personal health. Just like how some of us have noticed that both very thin and very heavy moms have more daughters - trying to get up to 300 lbs is silly when you weigh 130...much better to lose weight and sway that way!

HopingWishingPraying
May 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Wow that is a really interesting thought that it might just be that the Y's cant withstand things at extremes, and the Xs are more robust to tolerating that... I had never thought of that. I know one mother who is morbidly, morbidly obese (ie can no longer walk due to obesity) and she has 4 girls. I wondered how that could be given the LE / low blood sugar stuff, but I guess it makes sense that her body is probably under a lot of stress and not at all healthy. Thanks for explaining everything. I need to just have faith in the LE diet and stop stressing myself out!

atomic sagebrush
May 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Hoping, we just had an interesting thread about that very issue and you can read it here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/10920-i-dont-get-thin-moms-i-see-have-boys-overweight-moms-all-girls.html

I posted a couple links in that thread that are full explanations of the issue that I think will put your mind at ease.

bigchrista
June 6th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Very interesting!!

I'm just now learning a lot about this swaying stuff. With that said I have 4 sweet boys and am trying for my girl.

I was never officially diagnosed with hyperglycaemia, I have always had issues with my bloodsugar, Its a horrible feeling when I "crash"

atomic sagebrush
June 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Christa, the best evidence I have shows that low blood sugar sways pink, not blue. It may very well be that for people who tend to run towards low blood sugar by nature, they tend to eat more often and end up keeping their blood sugar up, without even realizing they do it.

bigchrista
June 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks!! :-) still learning and reading :-)

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Blood glucose levels and swaying is one of the toughest concepts to grasp! just ask if anything doesn't make sense.