PDA

View Full Version : Ice Packs on the Belly!

purplepoet20
May 24th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I have an ultrasound tomorrow and someone said I should use ice packs several times a day and right before ultrasound to get the baby to move into a better view.... I am concerned because I have never done this before. Also my placenta is low and in front so I don't know if it can cause a blood clot or something. I do know of some Dr's saying to use bags of frozen veggies to get the baby to move into delivery position.

Any advice on ice packs and placenta or baby health is needed asap!

Butterfly Spirit
May 24th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I've heard you should drink orange juice like an hour before your scan to make baby active enough to see the gender. :)

BEST OF LUCK tomorrow PP, can't wait!

Hobbermittens
May 24th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I have never heard anything like that, but I don't see how it could hurt. When pregnant with DD1, I used to sit on the couch with a bowl of ice cream balanced on my belly, and she used to kick it. I think she could feel the cold.

Good luck tomorrow PP! I hope that shy baby gives you a chance to see the goods!

purplepoet20
May 24th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I had soda before 1st scan and juice before 2nd scan... made the baby to wiggle. Thinking of drinking only water for an hour before scan.

Butterfly Spirit
May 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I had soda before 1st scan and juice before 2nd scan... made the baby to wiggle. Thinking of drinking only water for an hour before scan.

Oh it made baby TOO wiggly? :) Darn it!

Drink water then! What time is your scan? How many hours from now?

purplepoet20
May 24th, 2012, 04:00 PM
20hr as of now!

Butterfly Spirit
May 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
20hr as of now!

PP, Here's a double ~*Good Luck*~ in hopes baby will show the goods this time..It is the third time, and I've heard it's supposed to be the CHARM!!! ;)

Mochagirl
May 24th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Drink as much water as possible between now and then - I'm told that has a direct effect on the amount of amniotic fluid in there and so on their ability to get a good shot. Something sweet close to your appt would help to. I have no idea about the frozen veggies, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
May 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Best of luck Purple!!!
I would drink water like Mocha suggested, although I've read somewhere about drinking ice-cold orange juice like Butterfly said. I'll try to find it!