PDA

View Full Version : Conceiving twins!

Pages : [1] 2

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I know this isn't technically a swaying question but this is something people wonder about a lot.

CLOMID - This is the one surefire way to up your chance of twins, but you do need a doctor's prescription for it. You should NEVER buy Clomid online or use another person's Clomid, you need to be monitored by a doctor while you use it because serious, life threatening side effects may occur. (Clomid does sway pink)

GENETICS - Some of us just have a genetic tendency to hyperovulate and pop out more than one egg per month. If your mother, sister, aunts, or grandmother has fraternal twins, that means you just naturally have a greater chance of twins.

PREVIOUS PREGNANCY - The more times you've been pregnant, the higher your chances of twins!

PREVIOUS MULTIPLE PREGNANCY - If you've conceived multiples before, you're more likely to do so again.

AGE - After age 35 the rate of twins begins to rise. Women over 45 have 17% chance of twins, but of course it's extremely difficult to get pregnant at that age for most of us. Realistically, between ages 35-40 are your best shot for actually conceiving twins.

PHYSICAL SIZE - Tall women and those with a BMI over 30 are more likely to conceive twins.

DIET - Being well-nourished and even slightly overweight ups your chances of twins. Also, diets high in beef and dairy products may increase the odds of twins due to hormones present in cattle.

SOY - Taking soy isoflavones, 200 mg from CD 3-7, total of 5 days, may help to sway for twins. It acts as a natural Clomid. (may sway blue, because it does increase CM, but if you take antihistamines to dry up your CM you may get the benefits from the soy of releasing more than one egg, you may still be able to incorporate soy into a pink sway as well as a blue one.)

VITEX - Vitex from AF-O may sway for twins. (sways pink) However, some researchers believe that it may actually PREVENT twins. (I did conceive twins while taking vitex so I happen to know that isn't the case in all circumstances.)

FOLIC ACID - Scientists used to believe there was a link between Folic Acid intake in the three months prior to conception and twinning. Now it is believed that high Folic Acid intake simply helps twin pregnancies to both successfullly survive and thrive. Most twin conceptions are lost very early in pregnancy and by having ample Folic Acid in our bodies, we help our twins to both survive.

BREASTFEEDING - Getting pregnant while breastfeeding increases your odds of twins.

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS - Getting pregnant on the Pill increases your odds of twins, but no one should go onto the birth control pill for this reason. Getting pregnant on the pill may not be safe for your babies. But, if you get pregnant your first month off the Pill, you may still be more likely to conceive twins that month.

WILD YAM - Much has been made of this supplement because Africans who eat a lot of yams have more twins. I have read that the "wild yam" that is sold in supplements are not the same yams at all (and in fact may act as a birth control pill reducing your chances of twins!!). The yams at the grocery store aren't the same either. So eat a lot of yams if you like them, but this may not be effective.

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Also...with the yam thing....it was found to not necessarily be the yam but the skin of the yam or "cassava" that caused the twinning. The women in that tribe in Africa were eating the skin. Yes...I love me some twin research. I did do the soy with my last pg and I think it helped sway blue for me, but I wasn't taking zyrtek or anything else to try and dry me up. I noticed I was much more mucus like when on the soy. I could try to see of the Saw Palmetto, zyrtek and benedryl will counteract the extra mucus that the soy produces.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, you're 100% right on that and I will edit the essay! Thank you!!

Tweens&aBaby
January 26th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Good info! I want twins too! (well I am done TTC so my chances are pretty low lol)

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Good info! I want twins too! (well I am done TTC so my chances are pretty low lol)

haha...that might get in the way! I have always wanted them and I even swayed for them with #4. I don't know if anyone remembers but I had an avatar and signature with twin babies and I have "ttc twins naturally" on there. I'm surprised no trolls came by to bash me for it :)

Lillylolly
January 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
You would totally suit twins, Jojo :)

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM
You would totally suit twins, Jojo :)

Why, Thank you! I think so too! I think they would be a dream come true. BB, BG or GG....I would be in love with any combination!

Eden
January 26th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I want twins too. I hoped for twin with every pregnancy and never got lucky. And the chances of that happening now are nil since hubby and I are done.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I don't think we are alone in that wish! When I was pg with DS 3 (right before I got GD so bad) and going to my ultrasound I even told my hubby I was hoping for twin boys or else a girl - I wanted twins just as bad as I wanted a girl!!

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
great info! Twins would be amazing, such hard work, but so rewarding. I don't think I will ever have twins though 'cause it doesn't run in my fam and I would be swaying girl, I don't like the pill 'cause it messes with my cycles too much, plus I'm short! haha. So I doubt that it's the cards for me ;) The only thing I have going for me is that I'm bf'ding (but prob. won't be when we're ready to sway again)

Jojogirl
January 31st, 2011, 03:25 PM
I don't think we are alone in that wish! When I was pg with DS 3 (right before I got GD so bad) and going to my ultrasound I even told my hubby I was hoping for twin boys or else a girl - I wanted twins just as bad as I wanted a girl!!

that's how I am. I don't care about gender...i just want twins! LOL!

skrimpy
January 31st, 2011, 07:53 PM
I think it would be awesome to have sweet little BB or GB twins... I'll stay away from the GG twins though :p

Coccinelle33
February 1st, 2011, 11:02 PM
ok now im scared lol im breastfeeding, have 5 children already, and on clomid. yikes.

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
ok now im scared lol im breastfeeding, have 5 children already, and on clomid. yikes.

I think you should be a little scared honestly!!! If you don't want twins, I would beware the Clomid.

This may be the answer to your question about Clomid vs. Vitex/soy...vitex/soy can contribute to twinning as well but not as much as Clomid!! So it may very well be that for YOU, Clomid may not be the way to go.

Jojogirl
February 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Plus...the more kids you have, the more it increases your chance for twins... If you don't want twins, def get off clomid...LOL!

ELP
March 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Add me to the wanting twins club! That would make my day lol :)

boyjoy
March 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
i would love to have twins if i have one helper for kitchen one for house keeping and one for laundry ironing..... :))

sixhappysons
March 19th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I'm desperate for twins and have found a local shop that sells the cassava yam. I might try eating it (skin and all) for a few months before we ttc our next one.. hopefully DC8 & DC9. :D

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Good idea Six! I hope it works for you! You actually have much higher odds than most anyway due to the fact that you have had many pregnancies!

purplepoet20
March 21st, 2011, 06:44 PM
How much Vitex would one have to take for twins??? And what type of "wild yam" will work (pill, tonic, food)???

My husband says only 1 more pregnancy and it would be nice to have twins for an even 4 kids... girls would be great but 1 of each would be nice too.

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I would take a larger dose of vitex for twins. 2 capsules in the morning and two at night or even three. When I conceived my twins I was taking 2/2.

Here is the link to the wild yam that is sold as a supplement. This may not be the same as the African yam that is said to cause twinning but I do know that many people have taken it in an attempt at twins. Does anyone know of any different wild yam supplement??

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=wild+yam&wrapid=tlif130081919850010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16136583059625708332&sa=X&ei=OO2ITemPK4vUtQPj3InqAw&ved=0CDIQ8gIwAg# WARNING this stuff also may sway blue by raising estrogen!!

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM
WILD YAM... I saw somethings that said that the root, fruit, leaves, and whatever all have different factors. Cassava Root is the one that people say to use for twins but doesn't say how much to take. Most wild yam does help with cramps and other monthly women pains. Also if taken everyday it can act like the pill.... one site, I can't remember where, but it said to take it with day one with your monthly and all the way until day one of your next monthly and this will cause your body to not release an egg with the first month but increases your chance of releasing 2 eggs.

I am going to take it in late May but need to figure out how much to take. I may just wing it and take some 2 times a day since that is when I take all my vitamins.

Yuzu
March 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Like Purplepoet says, it's the Cassava Root that is alleged to cause twinning, but I can only find it mixed with Vitamin C as a supplement. They carry it at Amazon.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Thank you guys!!!

gizmo77
March 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
i thought i was the only "crazy" one to want twins! none in the family butidid conceive twins the 1st pregnancy on clomid which i dindt end up needing anyway. i hear women in china do clomid to get past the "one child only" law. i woudl like twin boys, but guess it wont happen unless i do PGD

Kazz2011
April 5th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I have to admit I would love to have twins esp.GG twins. :happy: I sometimes joke to DH that being pg 7 times already and with my/our age increases the chances of it happening..... I think it gets him a bit worried. lol :wink:

Jojogirl
April 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I am only taking 1 vitex pill a day. I didn't know you can take more than that! Hmmm....so maybe I'll take 1 in the Am and 1 in the Pm this cycle??

queen-of-harts
April 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I know this isn't technically a swaying question but this is something people wonder about a lot.

CLOMID - This is the one surefire way to up your chance of twins, but you do need a doctor's prescription for it. You should NEVER buy Clomid online or use another person's Clomid, you need to be monitored by a doctor while you use it because serious, life threatening side effects may occur. (Clomid does sway pink)

GENETICS - Some of us just have a genetic tendency to hyperovulate and pop out more than one egg per month. If your mother, sister, aunts, or grandmother has fraternal twins, that means you just naturally have a greater chance of twins.

PREVIOUS PREGNANCY - The more times you've been pregnant, the higher your chances of twins!

PREVIOUS MULTIPLE PREGNANCY - If you've conceived multiples before, you're more likely to do so again.

AGE - After age 35 the rate of twins begins to rise. Women over 45 have 17% chance of twins, but of course it's extremely difficult to get pregnant at that age for most of us. Realistically, between ages 35-40 are your best shot for actually conceiving twins.

PHYSICAL SIZE - Tall women and those with a BMI over 30 are more likely to conceive twins.

DIET - Being well-nourished and even slightly overweight ups your chances of twins. Also, diets high in beef and dairy products may increase the odds of twins due to hormones present in cattle.

SOY - Taking soy isoflavones, 200 mg from CD 3-7, total of 5 days, may help to sway for twins. It acts as a natural Clomid. (may sway blue, because it does increase CM, but if you take antihistamines to dry up your CM you may get the benefits from the soy of releasing more than one egg, you may still be able to incorporate soy into a pink sway as well as a blue one.)

VITEX - Vitex from AF-O may sway for twins. (sways pink) However, some researchers believe that it may actually PREVENT twins. (I did conceive twins while taking vitex so I happen to know that isn't the case in all circumstances.)

FOLIC ACID - Scientists used to believe there was a link between Folic Acid intake in the three months prior to conception and twinning. Now it is believed that high Folic Acid intake simply helps twin pregnancies to both successfullly survive and thrive. Most twin conceptions are lost very early in pregnancy and by having ample Folic Acid in our bodies, we help our twins to both survive.

BREASTFEEDING - Getting pregnant while breastfeeding increases your odds of twins.

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS - Getting pregnant on the Pill increases your odds of twins, but no one should go onto the birth control pill for this reason. Getting pregnant on the pill may not be safe for your babies. But, if you get pregnant your first month off the Pill, you may still be more likely to conceive twins that month.

WILD YAM - Much has been made of this supplement because Africans who eat a lot of yams have more twins. I have read that the "wild yam" that is sold in supplements are not the same yams at all (and in fact may act as a birth control pill reducing your chances of twins!!). The yams at the grocery store aren't the same either. So eat a lot of yams if you like them, but this may not be effective.

I would be pushing for twins myself if these things really increase the chances. My mom is a twin,i have had 6 kids so far ,im overwight.I always take folic,im well nourished,im breastfeeding and im 35 lol

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I am only taking 1 vitex pill a day. I didn't know you can take more than that! Hmmm....so maybe I'll take 1 in the Am and 1 in the Pm this cycle??

You can take up to 3 in the morning and 3 at night (but doublecheck on your bottle because each brand has a different formulation.)

I am AMAZED that one Vitex a day affected your cycle so dramatically. Most people take more than that.

ThePack
April 5th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Sorry to be a Debby Downer, but after working in a pediatric hospital with a high level NICU, I do not want twins. Yes, they are adorable. Yes, if you & both babies survive, you get a 2 for 1 deal. Yes, there are successful, healthy twin pregnancies, but it still is a huge risk for both babies & mother. I used to think triplets, quads, etc. were high risk, but I now understand how high-risk even twins are.

NPR has a great article today about this. So please read up on the risks before taking steps to actively try for twins (although darn-it, all the matching clothes are cute!).

purplepoet20
April 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I want twins... I don't want to dress them a like. Twin girls would be great so we can have an even 2b and 2g. I would also take b and g twins. Hubby had a dream that we had triplets, woke up screaming.

I was told by my dr that I would be a prefect mom for twins because I don't go into labor early. My body is so relaxed that I never even had fake labor pains. DS1 had to be induced at 40wks and 10d he was a 24/7 kicker, it took 24hrs of inducing drugs and then breaking my water before he came. But with DS2 I decided to clean the carpets, did some gardening, and I speed walked about 1/2 of a mile and went into labor that night at 40wks and 13d. So I am thinking twins may be born right at the due date.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Purple, I often think that exact same thing. My grandma went full term with twin boys 50 years ago and I have gone late with all four of my boys, I really think I could get to term with twins!! ;)

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Sorry to be a Debby Downer, but after working in a pediatric hospital with a high level NICU, I do not want twins. Yes, they are adorable. Yes, if you & both babies survive, you get a 2 for 1 deal. Yes, there are successful, healthy twin pregnancies, but it still is a huge risk for both babies & mother. I used to think triplets, quads, etc. were high risk, but I now understand how high-risk even twins are.

NPR has a great article today about this. So please read up on the risks before taking steps to actively try for twins (although darn-it, all the matching clothes are cute!).
Thank you for pointing this out!

Alexis2007
May 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I REALLY want twins too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have been dreaming about this for a whole year. I have secretly hoped with both of my previous pregnancies that it was twins. My grandma had twins (but miscarried) and one of my cousins had bg twins. So, it's in the family. I would LOVE BB twins! It would make us 2 girls and 2 boys!!!

Now I don't feel so crazy lol!!

iyamaryam
May 5th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I am with you all, always dreamt of BB twins, oh well, looks like that dream is gone 4 good.

gizmo77
May 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I am with you all, always dreamt of BB twins, oh well, looks like that dream is gone 4 good.

you never know. did you read that article on that woman who conceived WHILE she was already pregnant. had diff due dates, etc...crazy. and VERY RARE!!

gizmo77
May 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM

yeah, i work in health care also, TONS of problems with twins..its considered high risk, monthly U/S, bedrests, etc.
but id still like them (wont sway for them) but id love it if it happened naturally and like you said had both babies be healthy..as well as myself. basically i want a perfect scenario and life..hahaha!
:-)

XXdreaming
July 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM
the only thing I have going for me is that it would be my 9th pregnancy(4m/cs) and I am tall? (5'9") lol I would love twins, just because I love babies, I am a baby wearer, breastfeeding etc,, and even though having 2 babies wallering me would be hard I would enjoy every bit of it, I know 2 moms that carried their babies to 38wks and the other 39wks, so I pray if I do get twins then I am blessed like them, so I will be playing with my hormones sometime around aug 17th (when af is due) I am anxious to just get it over, dont really think I will be lucky enough for twins but exciting to try lol

4BlueLooking4Pink
July 30th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Add me to the wanting twins group!!! I'm 5'9" so hopefully tall enough to add to my "increase twin chance" list and this would be my 5th pregnancy. Not to mention I've prayed for twins. I'm hoping God is on the same page as me with it ;) I've gone to term with all 4 pregnancies without issue so I do think I'd be a good candidate to carry twins to term.

I'm hoping that since I've been having 3 days of +opk's during my cycles that my surge is longer b/c I'm releasing more than 1 egg. Hey, a girl can hope! lol.

Sassy
July 31st, 2011, 06:37 AM
I really appreciate the honesty of everyone in this thread - its incredibly refreshing! I would LOVE twins - I've wanted 4 kids but DH has said only one more. So for my last PG I'd love 2! There is a chance - the hyperovulation gene is on my mother's side of the family and all those twins have been BG....but I'd love GG! My 2nd MC was in all likelyhood twins (according to GP, but it was an early loss so no scan) and I hold onto hope that my kids return to me! I've also been told by several psychics over the years that I'll have BG twins......here's hoping!

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2011, 12:16 PM
I hope all your dreams come true, ladies!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?4766-An-observation-after-searching-fertility-charts-of-pg-with-multiples...

Here's an interesting thread about FF charts that went onto conceive multiples.

Sassy
August 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Anyone heard about the use of acupuncture to stimulate ovaries for conceiving twins? Would it sway either way?

LolaInLove
August 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Anyone heard about the use of acupuncture to stimulate ovaries for conceiving twins? Would it sway either way?

I have never heard of that, but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility! I think accupuncture is great for fertility either way, so I say go for it!

And after reading Atomic's first post, I realize I am in HUGE twinning realm right now, especially with Clomid. And I do agree with Pack's assesment...that is what my doc told me before she gave me the Clomid scrip...she said just so you know, it is not easy and very risky to have twins, so don't hope for that, but you only have a 10% chance of twins on Clomid. Slightly higher if you ov on your own (which I do).

XXdreaming
August 11th, 2011, 09:02 PM
what I have read is that it isnt really that hard to get your body to hyperovulate especially if you have no issues ovulating on your own, the hard part is getting both eggs fertilized and implanted, several people might hyperovulate but only one egg fertilizes and implants, or one egg quality isnt very good so they both implant and with early u/s show your pregnant with twins and then m/c one(most the time its absorb back into the body with no bleeding) and next u/s there is just one(aka vanishing twin)

XXdreaming
August 11th, 2011, 09:19 PM
okay I am kind of rethinking the soy isoflavones and then vitex, I am wondering if I take SI on cd2 thru cd6 then on cd7 start vitex if I will cause my body not to hyperovulate(as in cancel each other out), or once the process of releasing more than one egg is started it cant be stopped from vitex? (all assuming that SI works in causing me to hyperovulate) so si causes me to start to ripen more than one egg to be released and then I start the vitex which is to normal everything out so I was wondering if it might slow down egg maturity and then causing me to release just one egg?

LolaInLove
August 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
what I have read is that it isnt really that hard to get your body to hyperovulate especially if you have no issues ovulating on your own, the hard part is getting both eggs fertilized and implanted, several people might hyperovulate but only one egg fertilizes and implants, or one egg quality isnt very good so they both implant and with early u/s show your pregnant with twins and then m/c one(most the time its absorb back into the body with no bleeding) and next u/s there is just one(aka vanishing twin)

This makes total sense. Thanks for posting!

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM

TBH I don't know enough about how acupuncture really works to say for certain, but my gut tells me that increasing fertility sways blue, so I would be a little wary.

You might want to ask your acupuncturist (sp??) if stimulating the ovaries is good for fertility overall, or what.

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM

Plus, with twins you also have the issue of placenta previa, which is much more common with twins for some reason. That is what happened with me, one twin implanted right on the cervix and there are not enough blood vessels there to sustain a pg.

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM
okay I am kind of rethinking the soy isoflavones and then vitex, I am wondering if I take SI on cd2 thru cd6 then on cd7 start vitex if I will cause my body not to hyperovulate(as in cancel each other out), or once the process of releasing more than one egg is started it cant be stopped from vitex? (all assuming that SI works in causing me to hyperovulate) so si causes me to start to ripen more than one egg to be released and then I start the vitex which is to normal everything out so I was wondering if it might slow down egg maturity and then causing me to release just one egg?

I would take the vitex every day from AF-O, otherwise it's not going to be doing anything for you. I don't think it has anything to do with how many eggs are released.

If you read the following essay http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1881-Super-Soy-for-a-girl-or-a-boy! there are directions in it for taking the soy on different cycle days that will make it more or less likely that only one egg will be released.

XXdreaming
August 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah the earlier in cycle means more eggs but not very good egg quality, so I didn't want to do cd1 thru 5, and cd3 thru 7 didn't sound so promising the very few that claims si gave them twins took it on cd1-5 and 2-6, so I chose cd2-6 because its a little better egg quality than 1-5, but want vitex because it sways girls, so 2-6 si and then 7 thru O vitex I just didn't want vitex to cancel out more eggs being released(assuming si works) I have been taking vitex since I m/c on july 17th to get my system back in order faster to start ttcing next cycle, so I am thinking to not do vitex next cycle and then just do si (I know probably won't get twins lol I just wanted to give it a try :) )

atomic sagebrush
August 13th, 2011, 12:30 PM
That may be a great plan, I know of one lady who did exactly that (took vitex nonstop for a few months and then stopped it all together and did soy instead) and did conceive a baby girl.

onehealthybaby
September 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Be careful what you wish for, ladies. I swayed for twins (not realizing it - we happen to eat alot of sweet potatos and yams that month) and I ended up with a highly complicated triplet pregnancy and lost two of them...I am still overcoming my depression and have major GD because I can't help feeling I lost my girls.

atomic sagebrush
September 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry. :(

I did read on another post though that you had identical twins which are often a much more complicated and dangerous situation. These tips will help people conceive fraternal twins, which are def. higher risk than singleton pregnancies and no one should TTC twins lightly of course, but not as high-risk as identical twins can be.

I hope that is not hurtful for you to read and again I am SO sorry for your losses, I just want to have accurate info for everyone.

Twins can def. be a high risk situation to be sure.

onehealthybaby
September 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Totally know where you are coming from...I just wanted to share "the other side." My situation was very, very rare.

nuthinbutpink
September 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Be careful what you wish for, ladies. I swayed for twins (not realizing it - we happen to eat alot of sweet potatos and yams that month) and I ended up with a highly complicated triplet pregnancy and lost two of them...I am still overcoming my depression and have major GD because I can't help feeling I lost my girls.

I'm so sorry. That is just heartbreaking.

momto4boyz
September 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
I took soy with my last attempt, got no twins and a boy :)

Flava
September 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM
I don't like this more +opk days +twins thing. I had 3 days + this month and got some twin predictions from different readers.
ummm can I just get 1 healthy baby boy plz? lol that is if I ever get a bfp ...I have this month and DH says maybe next but we maybe done.

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Totally know where you are coming from...I just wanted to share "the other side." My situation was very, very rare.

Thank you, I totally appreciate having all the info for everyone here.:sadflwr:

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
I don't like this more +opk days +twins thing. I had 3 days + this month and got some twin predictions from different readers.
ummm can I just get 1 healthy baby boy plz? lol that is if I ever get a bfp ...I have this month and DH says maybe next but we maybe done.

I know flava, right??? We need the "I just want to get ONE of my DG!!" supplements!!

TTC5
September 23rd, 2011, 04:38 PM

So sorry to hear that :(

fourunderfour
May 24th, 2012, 11:35 PM
would i make you all upset if i asked if there was a way to avoid not having twins, if you have some of those factors?! :hide:

you see, i have them. I LOOOOOOVE THEM. but one set is enough. :)
my twins came at 32 weeks. i went into PTL at 28 weeks. was on bedrest for a month.
praise God they are 100% healthy - spent 4 weeks in the NICU as "feeder/growers" - but it was still so challenging!

i'm aware my chances will be much higher since I need to do follistim, and that i am taking vitex (AS, i've been taking 2 pills, 2x/day per bottle instructions - is that too much?!)
would you, AS, (knowing some HT stuff) suggest that I only continue with a cycle if there is 1 egg that is released? I mean, i've read that some people release like 4 and dont get pregnant at all...but i seem to be able to get pregnant quickly, just am unable to ovulate on my own.

thoughts, if any?!

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2012, 10:07 AM
No, not at all! I think that's a fine question four!! We should always keep in mind that twins are a lot riskier than single pregnancies and happy endings don't happen for everyone. Even when they do, it's tough!!

The problem is, none of the things (aside from Clomid) that I mentioned in that essay are terribly effective. Esp. when you're dealing with HT drugs - they are so strong that they can overcome most everything. We've had tons of ladies on vitex and the only twins we've had have been in a couple people on Clomid, and then a set of ID twins (Vitex can only cause fraternal twinning, not ID) I would not have you stop the vitex, I think it can help you both with ovulating and with your sway.

I think you should still continue with the cycle even if you have more than one follie, simply because I've seen so many failed IUI cycles with 3 and 4 cycles. Just because it happened for you guys once, there's no guarantee it will happen again (both on getting pregnant easily, and also the twinning.) I understand the temptation and it's your call to make - I'm not sure how badly you want to avoid twins and also how big a hurry you're in to conceive.

What I would do is avoid full fat dairy and stick to a lower dose folic acid (800 rather than higher) until after your BFP.

fourunderfour
May 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks AS. I don't think I really eat any full fat dairy. I might have a cup of 1% milk in a smoothie from time to time - but my cheese is always reduced fat, and the yogurt i eat is nonfat. Haven't eaten much ice-cream lately at all - but I know to stick to frozen yogurt.
I actually have only been doing 800mg of folic acid, so that's good to know.

I'm not in a huge hurry to conceive...but the ups and downs are very hard, so I could see me get antsy after a few months.
That being said, I really don't want twins again.... Oh my poor body!! haha.
Lets put it this way - I think I'd rather have a singleton son than twin girls.
And that's saying a lot!
I will of course, explain my concern for twinning to my RE and hopefully she will be able to help me decide what to do.
I'm sure they could put me on a lower dosage this go around. Especially since they have a history with me and know what they did the first time. A reference point is always good.
I was super excited to get pregnant the last time and thought twins would be fun!
When i found out it was two, I giggled for a few days as we told everyone, but then panic set in! haha
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger! (...and quite a bit heavier... :highfive:)
A friend of mine did follistim with TI just after I had my twins and had only one follie and got preg the first time.
She's got a mild case of PCOS and her hubby checks out fine -so it gives me a little hope! :)

speaking of my twins...they're both in their cribs screaming.
g2g!
thanks again, as always.

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Good idea - your RE will def. be able to tweak things and give you advice regarding number of follicles!!

Hang in there, Mama!!

The Anchor
May 31st, 2012, 03:42 PM
I would LOVE twins. How fun would that be? Pregnancy has always been the least fun part for me, so two babies in one shot would be AWESOME!

Praying4Pink
June 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I must admit twins are tempting especially since we believe I had twins with my first pregnancy it was never confirmed. We just couldn't explain my m/c type bleeding at 12 weeks and additional sac in my uterus when I delivered. There were a LOT of strange circumstances surrounding that pregnancy. At any rate I come from a family of twins (runs on both sides). Ironically my best friend just found out she is pregnant with twins! I will be happy if I just get my baby girl this go round.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Praying4Pink, if you had a m/c type bleeding at 12 weeks and an extra sac then you almost certainly were carrying twins. That's almost exactly what happened to me in my 4th pg - I had what I thought was AF, totally normal, even a bit heavier than normal, and then swayed for several weeks taking supps and doing a strict diet and thought I got pg the next month. I was actually pg the entire time with my surviving son (which is why I always stress to everyone to take a pregnancy test even if they are 100% sure they're not pg). I had two placentas and only one sac, but the doctor explained that the sac may have been there and then passed with the baby.

The twin's placenta was right on my cervix and it was about 2/3 the size and much darker and rattier-looking than my son's placenta which was big and healthy and normal looking. There was a tiny hole between the two that he had just barely managed to pass through - I was really lucky that I didn't have to have a c-section. Even when the twin pregnancy doesn't work out, it can still cause a high risk situation unfortunately.

Praying4Pink
June 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Atomic, the body is so strange! I mean deep down I really do believe that I had twins in there but we will never know now. The bleeding at 12 weeks was so bad I ended up in the emergency room. Not to give you TMI...but it was a gush and it never stopped until a day or so later. At that point, I just wanted the one that I KNEW was in there to be fine. It is very important to take pregnancy tests though...I am a POAS-aholic! You just never know...

On another note I see that you are almost there! 62 days is not long at all. So exciting!!

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks! It feels like an eternity! :)

Praying4Pink
June 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I know! I remember from my first...Hope I will be able to join you in preggo-ville soon!

stephiel
July 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hi Atomic

We so appreciate your information on this site and the old one :) Do you know the sex of this new baby coming to you? Also I looked up vitex on amazon and it seems there are several different kinds. I am breastfeeding my 9 month old and still no ppaf and hoping it will help her to return. I just turned 39 so the clock is ticking. She just started sttn so hoping that will help her return. I also have a short lp and took b6 when ttc my daughter. Would love twins so if it helped then fantastic but not taking it for that reason....

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Stephiel!

Yes, I am having a baby girl! You can read my sway here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/9388-atomics-stealth-pink-sway-updated-new-info-3-25-a.html

There are several different brands of Vitex on Amazon but they should all be mostly the same stuff - Vitex agnus-castus/chasteberry. Most commonly sold in 400 mg pills and you can take 800-1200 mg a day.

Question - are you trying for girls again?? That's absolutely wonderful if you are, I just wanted to doublecheck you weren't thinking of swaying blue, because Vitex is thought to sway pink.

I got one set of twins while taking Vitex (one passed away soon after conception) so it worked for me.

stephiel
July 15th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Oh my gosh I am so excited for you :) I have been reading your posts for years now and really really am happy that you are getting your girl. So so excited for you and she's a lucky girl to get big brothers! I swayed last time but after months of trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully I just did anything to get pregnant (also did an hsg test the month we got pregnant). I'm not sure if swaying made it more difficult for me or not but probably played a factor in it. Anyway, I would love to have another girl and then I'd hope and beg my hubby if we could adopt a boy but i'm not too hopeful that will happen. Not going to sway at all as I would be thrilled with either and just hoping to be blessed with another baby sooner than later :) If I got healthy twins I'd be in hog heaven! I actually just strted spotting since I wrote this am so hoping that this is real af. I will order vitex from amazon. Thanks as always for your amaazing reports, support and research!!

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks and good luck! Please let me know if I can do anything to help you.

Boymomsrock
July 18th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Y'all are crazy wanting twins! They're wonderful but omg those first few months were really really really rough. We got pregnant right after a miscarriage so that also ups your odds! Being over 35 and tall makes me nervous because I would freak out slightly if I had them again!

Mum23boys
July 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I have always wanted twins with my first 3 children but now it would freak me out going from 3-5 and also workwise it just wouldnt work for me as I am limited on numbers as a care practitioner and can only have 1 of my own under age 5 at any one time. I am not sure how on earth I would cope now either - 1 baby waking in the night would send me to mental ville let alone 2 at different times and bing self employed my hubby wouldnt get time off and be able to help and we have no family close enough by to help and those we do have work full time and live hours away so id literally be alone with 5 children and 2 that were newborns - i think it would kill me !!!
I actually think id laugh if they told me at a scan it was twins - id then probably cry and dh would probably top himself from the stress and worry !!!
Just wish id found this site years ago when having ds 2 and 3 as never even knew about swaying or trying for twins until i saw this !!

Loveychoc
July 27th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Wooowww atomic congrats! This is a real motivation that I should not give up swaying. I have been away from this forum for a few months due to hectic workload and I dont want to freely browse gender selection forums at my work desk loll... So for some reason today I feel like I miss this forum so much and decided to refresh my mind about Girl swaying elements and there you go I found out that you are having a girl!! instantly i felt like GOd is truly kind :)

Wishing you a smooth birth and healthy baby girl.

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thank you lovey!! Nice to "see" you again! :)

ELP
July 27th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I just wanted to add about the yam cassava, that the tribe in question was quite small and more closely related, so the twin gene was being passed on more. It would only take one woman woth the twin gene to have 4 daughters who each had 4 daughters to make the twin gene quite common amongst the tribe. I've seen expensive sites specialising in the miracle cassava promising massive success rates!! The vitex sounds promising:agree:

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
ooo interesting ELP! I know there is also a part of South America where a twinning gene spread rapidly through the population after WW2 and it led to speculation that it was Nazi genetic experimentation, but scientists studied it and it turned out it was just a genetic mutation that caused hyperovulation, and it spread rapidly through the population because they were getting a two-fer!! Mengele's Boys from Brazil (http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4204)

WantingAnother
August 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here and this is my first post so I hope you all don't mind me joining in. My name is Bri, I am 28 years old and I am TTC twins! I have a 9 month old daughter and 3 other children ages 9,8, and my other daughter will be 7 on the 4th of this month!! (Time sure flys by!)

I am on CD 3 and started taking Soy Isoflavones yesterday at 200 mg. I want to continue to take 200 mg through day 6. Is it bad to take any more than 200mg? I have also conceived twins before but lost one in early pregnancy (vanishing twin syndrome). I am also an identical twin myself and my DH has twins on his fathers side. Are my chances pretty good?!

I look forward to getting to know you all on our journeys!!! :D

Inglewood
August 1st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I never thought I'd have twins...ever! even tho Dh is a B/G twin. My girls are Id twins, so apparently 'random'. I got the shock of my life at my 12wk scan. I never swayed with my first 2 pg(ds1 and 2), so can't say what might of 'done the trick' so to speak. But good luck to those wanting twins, they are 4mths now and it's alot harder than we expected, but we love it and after swaying for 'A' girl, we got 2 beautiful wee girls. My Girl sway is posted on here. The only thing I'd say was my dairy was +++++ more than normal, low fat milk (skimmed) and I lived on natural yoghurt with strawbs/rasps. I did an IG girl diet with all the moon phases, ions etc. (lost 2 stone) GL x

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone! I am new here and this is my first post so I hope you all don't mind me joining in. My name is Bri, I am 28 years old and I am TTC twins! I have a 9 month old daughter and 3 other children ages 9,8, and my other daughter will be 7 on the 4th of this month!! (Time sure flys by!)

I am on CD 3 and started taking Soy Isoflavones yesterday at 200 mg. I want to continue to take 200 mg through day 6. Is it bad to take any more than 200mg? I have also conceived twins before but lost one in early pregnancy (vanishing twin syndrome). I am also an identical twin myself and my DH has twins on his fathers side. Are my chances pretty good?!

I look forward to getting to know you all on our journeys!!! :D

Hi and welcome!! Your odds are automatically better because you've conceived twins before and the soy iso may help too. Make sure you've increased your folic acid intake at least to 2000 mcg and maybe even as much as 4000 mcg (take smaller doses several times a day to boost absorption.)

Your being an ID twin and your husband having twins in the family, ~probably~ doesn't increase odds, but they really don't know why ID twinning occurs and so it may be that you do have better odds than others do.

rachel
November 16th, 2012, 06:44 AM
im def swaying for twins :)

HopefulMonster
January 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Atomic, why does Vitex from AF-O possibly sway for twins?
I'm a bit concerned because I DONT want twins hahaha - only because I had a preemie singleton at 35 weeks so it's scary to think how early I could go with twins. & my mum is a twin, BUT I'm thinking I will need to take vitex to lengthen my cycle.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
We don't know quite honestly. We've had quite a few twins conceived on this site and almost all of them were Clomid. Most everyone is taking vitex and we've not had scads of twins. I did get twins (lost one) while taking vitex but my uncles are twins so I have the fam. history, plus I was 38 years old.

katewantsagirl
April 20th, 2013, 04:28 AM
If I'm already ovulating normally and I took si, do you think my chances would increase by much? I don't know why I've got it in my head I want/ am having twins lol. Currently on 5mg folic (from doc) too. Thanks!!

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I am skeptical because I've seen tons of people taking it trying to get twins and it never happened. Virtually all the twins I've seen were from Clomid, with a few like mine that just seemed random.

blizzrd
May 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I would like to try soy Isoflavones but I found out I bought the wrong one mine has 150 mg calcium in it. Is this the right soy?

Soy Isoflavones - Buy Soy Isoflavones 120 Tablets at the Vitamin Shoppe (http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1098)

Thanks

aroundtheworld
May 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I'm nearly 34 weeks pregnant with identical twin girls and have had zero issues. I don't believe that just because you're pregnant with twins, you should be labeled high risk. I know in the medical community multiples are automatically considered such, however my own personal view point is that being pregnant with twins doesn't necessarily equal "risky". I am pro-active in doing all that I can to maintain a healthy pregnancy, healthy babies, and get to full term (which I do not believe will be a problem; I have 4 children and all of them have been born well past my EDD, with my 4th being born at 42 weeks). I have two amazing, knowledgeable, experienced midwives who take great care of me and these girls. I trust them, I trust my body, and I trust my God that everything is going to work out. :)

1+2+3boys
May 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm nearly 34 weeks pregnant with identical twin girls and have had zero issues. I don't believe that just because you're pregnant with twins, you should be labeled high risk. I know in the medical community multiples are automatically considered such, however my own personal view point is that being pregnant with twins doesn't necessarily equal "risky". I am pro-active in doing all that I can to maintain a healthy pregnancy, healthy babies, and get to full term (which I do not believe will be a problem; I have 4 children and all of them have been born well past my EDD, with my 4th being born at 42 weeks). I have two amazing, knowledgeable, experienced midwives who take great care of me and these girls. I trust them, I trust my body, and I trust my God that everything is going to work out. :)

I have not read the other posts but just saw your comment and that is a great attitude to have. My identical boys were moni-di and born at 35+1 weeks. They were very healthy and great weights for twins (5lb 13oz and 6lb 8oz)
They turn one in less than a month! It has been the most wonderful year of my life and they are the joys of my life. I wish you all the best with your twin journey and hope you are feeling well.

To others, my twins were quite a surprise. It made me nervous knowing they were identical because I wanted three kids and already had one boy and had not swayed as we decided to do that for the last so I got two trys for a girl used in one. Never mind though, I now feel that I would like another child anyway and will do all I can to sway or even go HT in 1-2 years. Just a single though please. I love my twins but one set is enough. It is hard work!

aroundtheworld
May 6th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I have not read the other posts but just saw your comment and that is a great attitude to have. My identical boys were moni-di and born at 35+1 weeks. They were very healthy and great weights for twins (5lb 13oz and 6lb 8oz)
They turn one in less than a month! It has been the most wonderful year of my life and they are the joys of my life. I wish you all the best with your twin journey and hope you are feeling well.

To others, my twins were quite a surprise. It made me nervous knowing they were identical because I wanted three kids and already had one boy and had not swayed as we decided to do that for the last so I got two trys for a girl used in one. Never mind though, I now feel that I would like another child anyway and will do all I can to sway or even go HT in 1-2 years. Just a single though please. I love my twins but one set is enough. It is hard work!

Thank you, I appreciate that. I know that things can and do go wrong with ANY pregnancy, but to assume that it's risky just because it's more than one baby really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I bet you love those sweet boys of yours! I have three boys too (not twins) and they're such lovers. ;) My daughter is a doll, but she's a daddy's girl. hehe

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I think it's great that you guys have had good results and that is wonderful! We just want people to know that it may have more risks than a singleton pregnancy - like I said, my pg. was higher risk the entire time and one of my babies didn't even survive past 6 weeks gestation. We just want people to know that going it, it's not all cute matching outfits and stuff like that! Thank you guys for sharing your experiences!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I would like to try soy Isoflavones but I found out I bought the wrong one mine has 150 mg calcium in it. Is this the right soy?

Soy Isoflavones - Buy Soy Isoflavones 120 Tablets at the Vitamin Shoppe (http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1098)

Thanks

I'd try to find the kind without calcium, some of them are meant for menopause and so have other stuff in them.

MotherSurrogate
May 9th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I'm taking Vitex 400mg and Folic Acid 1600mg plus what is in my prenatal.

1+2+3boys
May 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I think it's great that you guys have had good results and that is wonderful! We just want people to know that it may have more risks than a singleton pregnancy - like I said, my pg. was higher risk the entire time and one of my babies didn't even survive past 6 weeks gestation. We just want people to know that going it, it's not all cute matching outfits and stuff like that! Thank you guys for sharing your experiences!!!

This is so true. I have not read the rest of this thread but having twins really is double everything. You really are twice as likely to develop any pregnancy, birth and post partum problem and the stress of having two babies in a family is a huge thing. You can not possibly imagine what it is like until you have them!
While there are the lucky ones, there are many Women who struggle through their twin pregnancies, I have seen it first hand and read many other Womans stories. If anyone has a history of problems during pregnancies then I would not recommend them 'trying' for multiples.
Despite being young and healthy I developed pre-eclampsia and was in hospital on bed rest for the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy which put a massive strain on my family and was really hard with my son and affected our relationship. It has been one year almost and I am just starting to feel normal-ish again from twice the workload with half the sleep. I still feel very bad over all the time my older boy has missed out on with me because of the demands of twins.
June 2 will be a day to celebrate though! I am so proud of what I have accomplished and So proud of my beautiful boys. I really do have a special gift.
Twins are so special and amazing! To those having twins I recommend getting support from a local multiple birth group so you can chat with other Mums of twins. Only they can understand what it is like. It is true that not all Mums become friends just by being Mums but Mums of twins often become friends because it is such a unique and amazing experience and special bond to have someone that really gets your life.

Sorry to hear about your lost twin at 6 weeks Atomic Sagebrush. :(

JP2007
May 21st, 2013, 11:47 PM
I am currently pregnant with my second son and after talking to DH about having a third child close in age, am considering swaying pink when we TTC in about a year or so. I had trouble getting pregnant this last time around and was planning on starting Clomid but fell pregnant right before. When we start TTC a third, I will probably be breastfeeding, and possibly taking either Clomid or Vitex to help regulate ovulation. From what I have read these can all increase chance of twins. To top it all off, I have fraternal twin brothers and my paternal grandmother was a fraternal twin as well so it does run in my family. DH is still not even sure about trying for a third and I don't know how he would react if I ended up with twins! After reading this I am a little bit nervous about our odds now...

1+2+3boys
May 22nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
I am currently pregnant with my second son and after talking to DH about having a third child close in age, am considering swaying pink when we TTC in about a year or so. I had trouble getting pregnant this last time around and was planning on starting Clomid but fell pregnant right before. When we start TTC a third, I will probably be breastfeeding, and possibly taking either Clomid or Vitex to help regulate ovulation. From what I have read these can all increase chance of twins. To top it all off, I have fraternal twin brothers and my paternal grandmother was a fraternal twin as well so it does run in my family. DH is still not even sure about trying for a third and I don't know how he would react if I ended up with twins! After reading this I am a little bit nervous about our odds now...

Don't worry, you are still more likely not to have them but it is a real possibility! You will cope fine because you have to, I was surprised at how fast I learned how to be a twin Mum and was quite chuffed with myself. It has it's really hard momments and that first year is very challenging but it is also an amazing jounrney that parents of twins are blessed to be able to watch. Like when they fall asleep holding hands and begin to show love for each other. Those precious momments make it all worth it. Twins are amazing. I'm so proud to have twins

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM

You would def. have higher odds than the average person, but Clomid is a great pink sway tactic and I agree with 1+2+3 that the odds are still in your favor that you won't have them.

Leoniejane
September 2nd, 2013, 01:04 AM
I need help...I don't know where to start...I want to up my chances of twins naturally...they do run in my family...so I'm just looking at way to Increase the chances...I have heard about vitex but I don't know how it works or when I'm to take it or anything like that yet...HELP!

bunnywabbit
September 2nd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Interesting read Atomic, thanks! Do we know roughly what the percentage increase is in odds of conceiving twins on Clomid are?

Leoniejane
September 2nd, 2013, 01:25 AM
I need help...I don't know where to start...I want to up my chances of twins naturally...they do run in my family...so I'm just looking at way to Increase the chances...I have heard about vitex but I don't know how it works or when I'm to take it or anything like that yet...HELP!

As i am not wanting to ttc for another 6 months...Would I be right in assuming that if I take wild yam root capsules for the next few months then stopping and taking vitex when ttc that I may hyper ovulate?

Leoniejane
September 2nd, 2013, 02:45 AM

What does CD and CM mean?

Little Lunasa
September 2nd, 2013, 04:50 AM
Cd = cycle day, cm= cervical mucous
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leoniejane
September 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Cd = cycle day, cm= cervical mucous
:)

Thanks so much...so cycle day 1 is the day af arrives?

Little Lunasa
September 2nd, 2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks so much...so cycle day 1 is the day af arrives?

Yes, the first day of full period :)

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2013, 01:10 PM

In my signature below there is a link to the Complete Index (please cut and paste into your browser) and under "V" there is an essay on how to use vitex.

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
8-10% twinning on Clomid
1 in 200 trips
1 in 333 quads
1 1000 quints (!)

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
As i am not wanting to ttc for another 6 months...Would I be right in assuming that if I take wild yam root capsules for the next few months then stopping and taking vitex when ttc that I may hyper ovulate?

Wild yam actually is not able to be used by the body and has been debunked, UNLESS you can get the cassava yam (I do think they're selling this online now)

Please be careful and think seriously before going this route, I used to think that the risks of twinning were no big deal but we have had quite a few sad/scary stories involving twin pregnancies. Way, way more sad than happy endings. :(

Becca.lms
September 5th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I was thinking of trying twinning this go around but if I got pregnant with twins Id probably have a third c section which I want to avoid.

atomic sagebrush
September 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I was thinking of trying twinning this go around but if I got pregnant with twins Id probably have a third c section which I want to avoid.

this is a really good point becca and something to consider for those who do want larger families - a c-section is difficult to avoid with twins.

MeganP
May 14th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I have 2 year old twins and would love twins again. Wow were they exhausting and tiring but, I obviously wouldn't change it :) Going to read over this post!

SamS_TTCPink
May 14th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Just saw this thread and it's exciting to see so many of you out there wanting twins!! Our twins are our DS3&4 and they're twice as much work as the other 4 put together but it's amazing having twins and watching how close they are. They're 7 with their own beds but always end up in the same bed with arms and legs all intwined and if they're on the lounge together they're always squashed together even though there's a whole lounge spare! 😊

Out first pregnant was a twin pregnancy too but we lost one, and our current twins were mono-mono. We had no issues throughout pregnancy except at the end (at 36weeks) when they developed twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome. One of them had to be in NICU for a week. I did haemorrhage after birth and they didn't think I'd survive but I think that was more due to the fact that they literally pulled twin 2 out by his feet (and I do haemorrhage after every birth but DS5).

I guess I have a high chance of having twins again and as long as they're girls I'd be happy! 😉

MeganP
May 15th, 2014, 06:43 PM
OK so I bought some soy isoflavones from amazon and I'm unsure of the dosage on my bottle. 18845

I took 2 pills today, is that 80mg? I was going to take 3 but, I didn't want to take too much?? I am CD3 today.

flowerlily
May 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I have always loved the idea of having twins, but lately not so sure in fact I'm SCARED of having them (have family history) as I've seen/heard quite a few sad/horrible endings both in real life and on this site.
The latest one was last week when a very close friend (has family history too) of mine lost one of her twin girls at 28 weeks after she went into labour around 22 weeks and was on bed rest and medications to stop the labour for a few weeks and in the end the twins decided it was time to come out she had to have emergency section to save her life and at least one of the twins, and sadly only one made it and is in NICU, and God knows when she's is going to be able to take her home.
I could go on and keep talking the sad twin stories I've seen the past 2 years, but it's only going to make me more emotional.
And to make matters worse I had a gestational sac (it was never seen on any of the scans I've had) when I delivered DS2, well, I grieved for it for a little while thinking it could have been another baby, but it wasn't meant to be.
Now I'm pregnant with my 3rd (hoping it's only one in the bun!) I will ask them to look very hard for my first and subsequent scans.

Well, so far, I've only seen one or two successful twin pregnancies/births, one of them being my step mum's fraternal twins 8 years ago-full term,(38w), good size, even had a VBAC with them and took them home straight away (well, not literally, lol) and they were a surprise after she said she was DONE but little did she know she was actually hyperovulating! Although she doesn't have a family history of twinning but she was over 35, tall, a bit over weight and had a bunch of other kids before.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

flowerlily
May 16th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Oh god, only realised now how long my post is, so sorry! Must have been the long nap I've just had!:eek:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
i agree flowerlily, since the time I originally wrote this essay i have seen so many sad stories with twin pg that I really try to deter people from trying for them now.

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
megan, you need to get the soy without the clover. those are for menopausal women and I don't think the clover is safe for TTC

carebear1st
June 5th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Hey all, I've just purchased a custom pink sway but I'm also TTCT and will be using soy iso 200mg and Clomid 150mg. Soy sways boy?? even if I only use it on CD 1-2 and again on CD8-10?

Also my soy iso says this "Soya Isoflavone tablet is produced using a 250mg Soya complex, which is standardised to provide 40% of its mass as isoflavones, giving 100mg of actual Soya Isoflavones per tablet" so do I take 2 for 200mg or follow the 40% as 40mg and take 5 tabs?

KinseyS
June 7th, 2014, 12:32 AM
So what supplements can I take to increase my chances twins. I would like to take them all together if it is safe. I am currently taking my prenatal and 1600 mG of folic acid. I just started today and I am going to the health food store tomorrow. I am getting Vitex but I didn't know about the wild yam root and the soy.

unwirklich
June 7th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Carebear, I could be wrong, but I do not think you can do clomid and soy, soy has the same affects as clomid on a less effective scale...also have you taken clomid before? 150mg is a high dose for starting to begin with let alone mixed with soy iso. Most doctors start people at 50mg..

edit: Also, you do not take soy late in your cycle. You take it 5 days starting at the beginning of your cycle, just like clomid. Starting on CD1 with a dose a day until CD5 would produce more eggs, at lower quality...where as starting at the latest day CD5 and continuing until 9, you'd produce fewer eggs but at higher quality. The varying CD2-6, CD 3-7, CD 4-8 regimes fall in between as far as number of eggs vs quality of eggs dropped.

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Hey all, I've just purchased a custom pink sway but I'm also TTCT and will be using soy iso 200mg and Clomid 150mg. Soy sways boy?? even if I only use it on CD 1-2 and again on CD8-10?

Also my soy iso says this "Soya Isoflavone tablet is produced using a 250mg Soya complex, which is standardised to provide 40% of its mass as isoflavones, giving 100mg of actual Soya Isoflavones per tablet" so do I take 2 for 200mg or follow the 40% as 40mg and take 5 tabs?

do not use both soy and Clomid. You will make the Clomid not work and completely shoot yourself in the foot by doing that. Under no circumstances should you or anyone else be taking any estrogen suppresor/rebound or combination thereof for 10 full days. you will render yourself temporarily infertile.

Why are you taking that much Clomid?? Was this prescribed by a doctor? If this is being taken on your own without medical supervision that is a dangerously high dose and you can end up with higher order multiples and/or in the hospital fighting for your life with OHSS.

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
So what supplements can I take to increase my chances twins. I would like to take them all together if it is safe. I am currently taking my prenatal and 1600 mG of folic acid. I just started today and I am going to the health food store tomorrow. I am getting Vitex but I didn't know about the wild yam root and the soy.

AGain, I want to mention that we have had many, many sad stories with twins on this site and I really really do not recommend anyone trying for twins.

I think the essay went over the supps, didn't it?

MeganP
June 17th, 2014, 06:18 PM
How many mg would one pill count as?

Amazon.com: Nature's Way Soy Isoflavones, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CPI8TS/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2014, 10:18 AM
the bottle says 100 mg, not sure what your question is here.

MeganP
June 20th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Well, it also says "40% isoflavones" as well...so I wasn't sure what that meant :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/asherandnoah/ScreenShot2014-06-17at60231PM.png

TishTashTosh
June 21st, 2014, 03:04 AM
I think I get what you are asking!

So if one tablet is 100g but only 40% SI does this mean there is only 40g go SI in each tablet. Therefore if you wanted to take 80g would you need to take 2 rather than 1 ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MeganP
June 21st, 2014, 05:17 PM
Yes! Exactly! I have googled my question and the brand name and it seems like most forums say they are 100mg for this brand but, then I've found other places that say they are 40mg. I am just not sure. I am already pregnant (first month using them) and I am curious if I took way more than I thought!

MeganP
June 21st, 2014, 05:23 PM
Also that one does contain red clover which I googled before taking it and only found positive things about how it can actually help conceive….

Pretty much it says it makes a sperm friendly environment and help restore irregular menses and to balance the acid-alkaline level of the vagina to promote conception.

Red Clover: Fertility Herb and Tonic (http://natural-fertility-info.com/red-clover-fertility-herb.html)

http://www.naturalhealth-solutions.net/healthy-eating/red-clover-can-help-increase-your-chances-of-getting-pregnant

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Well, it also says "40% isoflavones" as well...so I wasn't sure what that meant :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/asherandnoah/ScreenShot2014-06-17at60231PM.png

Those ones will not work anyway because they have red clover which can actually prevent conception.

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2014, 11:13 AM
Also that one does contain red clover which I googled before taking it and only found positive things about how it can actually help conceive….

Pretty much it says it makes a sperm friendly environment and help restore irregular menses and to balance the acid-alkaline level of the vagina to promote conception.

Red Clover: Fertility Herb and Tonic (http://natural-fertility-info.com/red-clover-fertility-herb.html)

Red Clover Can Help Increase Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant » Natural Health Solutions (http://www.naturalhealth-solutions.net/healthy-eating/red-clover-can-help-increase-your-chances-of-getting-pregnant)

Those people are selling red clover supps. Stay away from them, they are great for women in menopause but have really harmed people's chances of conception when I've seen them being used.

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2014, 11:14 AM
Yes! Exactly! I have googled my question and the brand name and it seems like most forums say they are 100mg for this brand but, then I've found other places that say they are 40mg. I am just not sure. I am already pregnant (first month using them) and I am curious if I took way more than I thought!

Well, if it worked, no worries on that!!!

I ~think~ I put how to calculate them in the essay there. It would take me some time to look it up and rewrite it so I just want to verify - is that info not in the original essay?

MeganP
June 22nd, 2014, 12:59 PM
Well, if it worked, no worries on that!!!

I ~think~ I put how to calculate them in the essay there. It would take me some time to look it up and rewrite it so I just want to verify - is that info not in the original essay?

I will go back and look again, I didn't think I saw it for this brand, but I will double check.

OK I found the post on Soy which I didn't know existed :) Reading that for the answer.

MeganP
June 22nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
I can't find it, I'm probably missing it, sorry!

MeganP
June 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
I just called Natures Way and the person I spoke to said there are 100mg of soy and 40% (40mg) being the active ingredient which is the isoflavones. So I would take it as 40mg??

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2014, 11:53 AM
duh me, this is the twins essay, I assumed it was the soy one http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1881-super-soy-girl-boy.html

I am not sure I can comment on those particular ones since they do have the red clover in them. I think it's best to get soy isoflavone supps and go off the dose on the bottle.

rachel
August 11th, 2014, 02:43 PM
i read if u fly in the 2ww u can get d twins lol any one heard of that ?

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2014, 03:57 PM
sounds like OWT to me!

trying4twins
November 5th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Does anyone know if twin sway personalized protocols available?

I've been reading the forum for weeks now but just registered today. :)

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Yes I do plans for twins from time to time. Haven't successfully gotten any (except for my own, but that pregnancy didn't work out)

trying4twins
November 5th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Thanks, atomic sagebrush. I would really like to consult with someone who has more knowledge than I do on this. I am still 8-9 months away from active TTC, so I would be able to start anything that needs several months to be effective.

Do you have an opinion on sweet cassava for TTC? The sweet cassava shop website claims it increases your odds for twins, but from what I can tell there is no scientific/ proven basis for that claim.

What is the process/ charge for personalized plans, and since the twins one is not proven yet/ experimental is that different?

Thank you! :)

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I have seen tons of people take tons of cassava and 0% got twins. :) I actually think that being 8-9 months out is kind of ideal for our purposes.

I have your questionnaire and will get right to work. The money is for my time and not any kind of guarantee - everything around here is experimental. :)

trying4twins
November 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have seen tons of people take tons of cassava and 0% got twins. :) I actually think that being 8-9 months out is kind of ideal for our purposes.

I have your questionnaire and will get right to work. The money is for my time and not any kind of guarantee - everything around here is experimental. :)

Wait, I didn't fill out a questionnaire -- but I would love to! Please tell me where to find it and where to choose and pay for the service.. :)

The Anchor
November 6th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Wait, I didn't fill out a questionnaire -- but I would love to! Please tell me where to find it and where to choose and pay for the service.. :)

At the top of the page there is a tab that says "Membership and Plans"...click on it and choose what you'd like to purchase.

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I am talking to someone about how to proceed with this - I'm happy to do it but just awaiting the how-to part

trying4twins
November 7th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Thanks, atomic sagebrush! Really appreciate it. :)

Mcooper1314
November 12th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Does any one know if you can have twins if my grandfather is a boy/girl twin??

1+2+3boys
November 12th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Fraternal twins are heredity and happen in families where the Women are more likely to hyper ovulate. So it will be passed down the family genes but only effect the females of coarse because males do not ovulate so you may very well be more likely than others to have twins

trying4twins
November 14th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Any news, sagebrush? :) I was planning to start prenatals this month and wondered if there are any you recommend over others.

atomic sagebrush
November 15th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I personally like Women's One a Day because they have a nice level of a wide variety of nutrients, are affordable and easily available.

This was what I was taking when I conceived my twin pg. :)

trying4twins
November 16th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Nice, thank you!

Mcooper1314
November 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM
Does Womens one a day sway boy or girl?

Sarah4girl
November 22nd, 2014, 12:00 AM
Any sort of vitamin supplement should be avoided when TTC a girl. Apart from folic acid/ folate

atomic sagebrush
November 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Does Womens one a day sway boy or girl?

All vitamins sway blue. I got 2 boys while taking it!! :)

atomic sagebrush
November 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Any sort of vitamin supplement should be avoided when TTC a girl. Apart from folic acid/ folate

Just to clarify - Everyone needs to take folic acid or folate (folate is better but it is more expensive) regardless of how it might or might not sway and what they are swaying for. Folate/FA is the only nutrient proven to prevent birth defects when taken before conception. :)

trying4twins
November 26th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Have you read that any particular month or season is better for TTC-twins? I heard that more are conceived during the summer months, June-July, because of the longer daylight hours. I haven't been able to confirm that though. What do you think?

Sarah4girl
November 27th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I work with kids with special needs. There are a disproportionate number who are one of multiples. Just so you know it really does increase the chances of motor and speech delays. Not sure of the stats. Atomic?

trying4twins
November 27th, 2014, 10:55 AM
@Sarah4girl Are a large number of those multiples from IVF/ fertility treatments -- if you have access to that data? My understanding is that IVF and reproductive technologies can increase the risk of birth defects and developmental delays. Premature birth is also a factor, and obviously that risk increases with twins. But healthy full term multiples are not at a statistically higher risk for these problems than their singleton counterparts, from my understanding.

atomic sagebrush
November 28th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I personally believe it is the other way around - it's the twinning that is risky (due to the prem. birth factor) and that makes IVF statistically linked to birth defects and developmental delays because more multiples are conceived via ART than naturally.

Healthy full term multiples is great when it happens, but you can't know when you get pg if you're going to be in that lucky group.

twointow83
June 10th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Just curious... do losses count? I have been preg 4 times, but only 2 live births. I'd love twins... GG twins would put me on cloud 9 (2 of each, matching dresses... seriously drooling over the girly dresses over here lol, built in best friend, etc.) but BG twins would be great too! I know they are a handful but would be so worth it. We aren't "trying" for twins but would gladly welcome them, and the fact my odds are upped with clomid is not lost on me. ;) My mom lost fraternal twin boys (conceived through fertility meds so no fam history through her :( but on my dad's side my great uncles are twins-fraternal) and I've kinda wanted twins ever since. I'm avg height :rolleyes: (5' 5"... wonder what it is about height that increases likelihood *shrug*). BMI fits the bill, not by much but it's something ;) I take 4 mg of folic a day, too. but that's all I got. No BCPs, BFing, etc. and I'm only going to be 32 this year :/ Guess we shall see how it plays out :) :fingers:

Hitmebabyonemoretime
June 10th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I'm hoping for twins too. I should read way back.

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Have you read that any particular month or season is better for TTC-twins? I heard that more are conceived during the summer months, June-July, because of the longer daylight hours. I haven't been able to confirm that though. What do you think?

Oh gosh I missed this, sorry!!! I am not sure they have the data pinned down on that, because there is also the possibility that more twins stay stuck at certain times of year. I would actually suggest trying in late summer/fall Aug-Oct so you get the benefits of the sunlight but at the same time, the babies will be born during warmer weather - there is an increase in conception rates at that time of year, possibly trying to get more babies born when the weather is nice the following year, if that makes sense.

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2015, 03:17 PM
YES losses do count, absolutely. The fraternal twins on your mom's side may indicate you have the genes for hyperovulating.

RE height - it is very likely that it's just an evolutionary coincidence, taller women were possibly more likely to have successful twin pregnancies than us shorteez (I am 5-4 and conceived twins but one didn't make it) and thus the ability to hyperovulate may be linked with height to some extent.

Clomid is by far and away best tactic for getting twins!! GL!

iwanttwinboys
June 11th, 2015, 03:32 PM
I am so glad that I found this group! I am doing a light twin sway for boys. I am going to look into the One A day Womens.
I am about to start my first cycle on ISO I am currently on CD1 and will be taking SOY from CD3-CD7. I am mainly taking it in hope to ovulate earlier then normal. Any suggestions on how much I should take? A little view of my cycles.
Starting from January I Oed on CD16 w/a 30 day cycle
February I O on CD26 w/a 37 day cycle
March I O on CD 20 w/a 33 day cycle
April I O on CD22 w/a 34 day cycle
May I O on CD31 w/a 42 day cycle.
Suggestions on dosage? I will be making my first attempt in October so I have a few months to practice but was wondering if I shoud start at 80mg for 3 days 120mg on the 4th day and 160mg on the fifth day?

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM
The soy iso may very well change when you ovulate.

I feel that we are seeing best results with all the "ovulation stimulators" taking from CD 3-7.

I would have you take 100 mg (or 120 since I get the feeling yours are in 40 mg increments) every day for those 5 days. Same dose.

Do not start them till the month you are planning to TTC.

twointow83
June 11th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I have/had fraternal twins on both sides, but my Mom's twins were due to injectable fertility meds, according to my dad at least but he isn't always the most reliable source (back then he was fighting an internal war- gay but trying to be straight- and it messed his head up bad there for awhile). The natural fraternal twins are from my Dad's side. Genetically I am more like my Dad than my Mom (paternity test) to the degree that almost all the markers that I matched my mom on, my dad also had the same markers. Literally, I have 1 marker that is my mom only, lol. So I guess it's still possible though I don't know how all that works. I know if DH had any history it wouldn't make a lick of difference but I have my dad's genes, so maybe? We have always talked about it being a possibility but never put in any stock in it. Figure it's better to not expect and be surprised than to expect and be disappointed.

If I don't get preg on the first cycle of clomid my doc wants to do a follical study. While I would love to get preg right off, I'd be curious to find out what things look like in there around O time like the High-tech'ers do :) Sometimes I do wonder if I do hyper ovulate because I can feel ovulation pains... not usually on O day but a few days before and sometimes the pains can be a bit much... though with PCOS those times could just be a ruptured cyst and not the eggie kind.

The height thing makes sense. My torso isn't very long and by the end of my 2 pregs that made it to the end it was a battle for room lol. They needed room to grow and move and I needed room to breath and eat lol. I get HUGE when preg cause baby has to grow OUT to have room lol.

iwanttwinboys
June 11th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Ok I will take 120mg but would like to start taking them now so I can get a better idea of when I will O come October. I never O on the same CD so im hoping with SOY that it will help regulate so when October gets here I can know what day im going to O instead of guessing. If that's ok.

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2015, 11:27 AM
O pains do not tell you anything about what is going on in ther, unfortunately. Some of us have just awful O pains on both sides every month (Me!!) and there are many people on here who have felt strong pain on one side only to have ultrasound and find out that they actually ovulated form the OTHER. Ovulation can actually relieve O pain - we develop many eggs in both ovaries every month and only the best one or two are released, when that happens it can relieve pressure (like popping a sore pimple) and then the other ovary is just sitting there all full of eggs and that can really hurt. :)

I wouldn't read too much into genes, we all have the potential for twinning and if you have genes on both sides, even better. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Ok I will take 120mg but would like to start taking them now so I can get a better idea of when I will O come October. I never O on the same CD so im hoping with SOY that it will help regulate so when October gets here I can know what day im going to O instead of guessing. If that's ok.

NO, you can't do that. What happens in this month or next month or the month after tells you NOTHING about what will happen in October and the longer you take them, the "pinker" they may become for you. Also less effective, more side effects, etc. What you are suggesting will not work and it may both undermine your sway and your chances of twins on the soy iso.

iwanttwinboys
June 14th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Why would it sway pink if I take it for a long time? Most people who have taken long term have had boys?
I am going to take it this cycle and see how it works for me and if I do O early then I will stop it until September and start back on it.
Also the dosage I take is 80mg it says on the bottle 80mg per serving and on the back it says take 2 tablets. Also it says Calcium 150mg and soy isoflavones 80mg. I am currently taking 120mg (3 pills)

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Because soy lowers testosterone over time and also because the "phytoestrogen" in it, IS NOT the estrogen that your body makes that may sway blue, and the phytoestrogen starts to take the place of your body's REAL estrogen and interferes with the way that it affects your body, plus it confuses your body into making less of its own natural estrogen. That is why soy is supposed to prevent cancers like breast and uterine cancer - it tricks your body into making less estrogen, and estrogen feeds those types of cancers.

The information on the other sites about soy iso IS WRONG. If someone was taking soy iso and swaying blue, they were also doing a bunch of other things that were swaying blue and that data is not necessarily going to tell you anything about how it actually sways. Soy iso has gotten 60% success for us for PINK among pink swayers.

NOTHING that happens this month will tell you anything whatsoever about what is going to happen in September. Every cycle is new, your body is in a different place and it very well may act differently in any given month.

iwanttwinboys
June 14th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Ok thank you for that information.
Now what if I take soy now till BFP (my first attempt will be October and it usually doesn't take long for me to get pregnant) I am taking supplements and will be on the boy diet starting July could I increase my tribulus supplements to help with the decrease of testosterone? Or no?
If NO should I stop taking it this cycle? I only took 120mg yesterday and was going to take it till CD7.

Nann3r
June 15th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I know clomid is prescribed, but is it something I can ask for when I tell my doctor me and my husband are wanting to try soon? Or is it only for people with fertility problems? I just stumbled upon this thread cuz I had no idea it was possible ttc twins! I mean I know it's a long shot, but I'm with you iwanttwinboys! I just want a boy first and foremost.. But I would be in heaven with twin boys!!! That would just be my dream! My grandfather (mother's father) is a twin.. But they are the kind of twins that isn't hereditary I think.. (I don't know which is which)
I'll see try the one a day women's! I'm already taking a ton of vitamins for my blue sway too!

iwanttwinboys
June 15th, 2015, 10:43 AM
My grandfather (my moms father) is a twin as well. I don't believe that identical twins are hereditary but if he is a fraternal twin, that is. I will start taking vitamins that sway boy soon as well as the diet.

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Ok thank you for that information.
Now what if I take soy now till BFP (my first attempt will be October and it usually doesn't take long for me to get pregnant) I am taking supplements and will be on the boy diet starting July could I increase my tribulus supplements to help with the decrease of testosterone? Or no?
If NO should I stop taking it this cycle? I only took 120mg yesterday and was going to take it till CD7.

I do not want you taking soy at all for your blue sway till the month you are ready to TTC. One day will not harm anything, just stop taking it.

I am not a fan of the tribulus either as there is conflicting info on how it works in the body and it may do the same as soy and actually end up LOWERING estrogen. Higher T levels for blue is just one theory out of many, and to raise testosterone at the expense of estrogen, is a terrible idea for a blue sway because it may very, very well be the case that estrogen is a zillion times more important than testosterone. Give to your husband. If you do wish to continue taking it, PLEASE wait till you are ready to start swaying actively (6 weeks before TTC) and do not take itnow. It is not like a nutrient, taking it too long can cause way more harm than good and if you raise your T levels too much, you will stop ovulating.

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I know clomid is prescribed, but is it something I can ask for when I tell my doctor me and my husband are wanting to try soon? Or is it only for people with fertility problems? I just stumbled upon this thread cuz I had no idea it was possible ttc twins! I mean I know it's a long shot, but I'm with you iwanttwinboys! I just want a boy first and foremost.. But I would be in heaven with twin boys!!! That would just be my dream! My grandfather (mother's father) is a twin.. But they are the kind of twins that isn't hereditary I think.. (I don't know which is which)
I'll see try the one a day women's! I'm already taking a ton of vitamins for my blue sway too!

Clomid is only for people with fertility issues and it also has been one of our stronger pink sway tactics, so I would not recommend for you, Nann.

We are DUE for BB twins on here! We haven't had any in forever. I hope both you ladies get BB twins!!! :)

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 01:30 PM
oh and tribulus also dramaticlly lowers blood sugar levels, which is also not ideal for TTC a boy.

iwanttwinboys
June 15th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Did this person do anything specific for BB twins? OR just luck of the draw?

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 04:43 PM
When you "sway twin" usually you ARE swaying blue anyway. As long as you stay away from the vitex, most recommendations for twins are blue friendly. :)

iwanttwinboys
June 15th, 2015, 05:06 PM
I really don't know what sways twins for boy besides soy and increasing folic acid

Hitmebabyonemoretime
June 15th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Google it! I did and there are a bunch of articles with things that naturally sway blue
Atomic I've never heard of tribulus - back to google I go lol

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Things you can't control that easily: Genetics, fertility medication, having kids before, being older, breastfeeding

Things you can control: Eating lots of full fat dairy, higher doses of folate, gaining weight, eating lots of saturated fat, taking soy iso BUT ONLY IN THE MONTH YOU ARE TTC, and possibly cassava supps but NOT wild yam. Taking a good multivitamin and extra Vit. D (up to 1000 iu) may help you conceive boys as well.

Aside from Clomid, there IS NO magic pill to make you have twins. It doesn't work that way. It's a combo of environment and nature.

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Google it! I did and there are a bunch of articles with things that naturally sway blue
Atomic I've never heard of tribulus - back to google I go lol

IMO there are too many "herb peddlers" out there selling things based on claims that are unsafe and untrue, I would stick with the simple approach instead of looking for a magic pill, because it doesn't exist.

oh and when I conceived my twins I was also taking B6 100 mg. This can mess with your cycle a bit but I really wonder if it had something to do with it!!!

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2015, 01:24 PM
No tribulus. No tribulus for anyone.

"No soup for you!" :)

iwanttwinboys
June 16th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Atomic, I remember you saying you took women 1 a day vitamin. Did you take Amazon.com: One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin, Tablets - 100-Count: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/One-A-Day-Womens-Multivitamin-Tablets-100-Count/dp/B000052YT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434497353&sr=8-1&keywords=womens+1+a+day+multivitamin) OR this one Amazon.com: One A Day Women's Prenatal One Pill, 30 Count: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/One-Womens-Prenatal-Pill-Count/dp/B00I97GQV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434497376&sr=8-1&keywords=womens+1+a+day+prenatal)

XXforhubby
June 16th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Atomic, I remember you saying you took women 1 a day vitamin. Did you take Amazon.com: One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin, Tablets - 100-Count: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/One-A-Day-Womens-Multivitamin-Tablets-100-Count/dp/B000052YT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434497353&sr=8-1&keywords=womens+1+a+day+multivitamin) OR this one Amazon.com: One A Day Women's Prenatal One Pill, 30 Count: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/One-Womens-Prenatal-Pill-Count/dp/B00I97GQV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434497376&sr=8-1&keywords=womens+1+a+day+prenatal)

I can't speak for Atomic, but I took the one a day prenatal vitamins with DS1 and DS2. Target has a generic version that is way cheaper that I often took too.

FX and tons of my blue baby dust [emoji4]!

[emoji597][emoji92][emoji170][emoji843][emoji170][emoji94]

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2015, 12:29 PM

I took the regular orange one a day, plus extra folic acid and a separate DHA.

They are quite similar actually - the regular one a day has more calcium and Vit. D in it, which I like because I can't drink milk.

Either are good.

missiz
September 14th, 2015, 09:16 PM
can I ask what things sway for TTC twin girls? I understand Clomid sways pink but can only be obtained if you have fertility issues, so what else can you do to help improve chances of twin girls?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
September 15th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Maternal age apparently... Not that you can control that.

Nann3r
September 15th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I've heard/read soy sways girl and twins. Folic acid is said to increase odds of twins. Like extra folic acid. And lastly, it's not very popular nor have I found outstanding result with it, but cassava root is supposed to increase odds of twins too.. But that can be taboo for some people. Since there's not a whole lot of research on it. But if you google it, it seems to be popular for people who want to try for twins. If you take the right dosage far enough ahead of ttc, it's supposed to cause hyperovulation much like clomid. It may delay you're period/ovulation though. It did for me by 4 days or so. I'm trying all this though for twins. Figure it can't hurt. Though I want a boy so I'm not doing the soy. But I am taking cassava and snacking on cassava chips. And taking a lot of folic acid daily. So I'll let you know if it works :) haha shooting for the stars. We make our first attempt in October

Hitmebabyonemoretime
September 15th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I thought soy swayed boy?

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Studies indicate the extra folic may not actually up odds of twins but may very well help both twins to stay stuck (many twin pregnancies end with one twin not making it). Def. recommend more like 2000-4000 mcg folic or folate for anyone trying for twins

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I thought soy swayed boy?

Old school sway tactics say soy sways blue. Newer evidence indicates that it may sway pink and aside from that, soy intake may cause birth defects in boy genitals and thus I prefer blue swayers avoid if poss

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2015, 06:30 PM
can I ask what things sway for TTC twin girls? I understand Clomid sways pink but can only be obtained if you have fertility issues, so what else can you do to help improve chances of twin girls?

We are getting pretty good results just with our regular pink sway. We have a surprising amount of twins here even among the moms who are NOT on Clomid. We don't know why, but just so you're aware.

Honeybug
September 15th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I have SCOURED this site for twin sways or sways that have resulted in twins! Interestingly enough (to me anyways as I usually to not drink at all) quite a few of the ladies had a couple of glasses of wine or something to drink a couple times a week. Now it could be completely coincidently but it came up enough times that I have added it to my sway :)

Also agree on the folic acid!

I did try vitex Jan-March but found it wasn't helping to regulate my cycles so I dropped it and am now on clomid *fingers crossed!* oh! And I also dropped cassava after the first month lol I found the cassava chips awful and I couldn't bring myself to eat the potato I bought from an ethnic store that the sales lady swore would give me twins just like the African tribe. I did seriously consider buying the supplements but I could not find a reputable source and overall, I still wanted my sway to remain pink. (Plus the deciding factor was that of all the sways that resulted in twins, I believe, none of the moms were taking a cassava supplement)

I think Atomic is right and that for whatever reason, overall the recommendations for a girl sway are twin friendly!

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2015, 01:04 PM
:agree: Clomid is the best thing for twins, I am not convinced cassava does anything!

Baby-Dreaming
May 8th, 2018, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a question on these Sticky Posts or if I need to create a new post. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm am currently planning how to sway for twins. I plan to start TTC again in December so I have about 6/7 months to plan. My question is, is there anything I could be doing now to encourage hyper-ovulation? I am getting my body into as best shape as I can and am improving my diet to help encourage a healthy pregnancy.

Thank you very much for your time.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2018, 05:23 PM
No please do post in these stickies! It helps everyone to keep all the questions in as few threads as possible so you don't have to open and close a bazillion threads to get the info you want.

The BEST way to get twins is Clomid and to a lesser extent Femara. All the other things are simply unreliable for twinning.

Full fat dairy, gaining a bit of weight, take a prenatal/higher dose folate may help, but for your best chance, the Clomid/Femara.

Baby-Dreaming
May 9th, 2018, 04:20 AM
Thank you very much :)

Baby-Dreaming
May 29th, 2018, 09:55 AM
I am looking into starting Vitex, everything I read says you need to be taking Vitex for at least 6 months for it to impact your chances of multiples. However any posts I've seen where twins have been conceived while taking Vitex, the mothers seem to have only recently started taking it. Can anyone shed any light on Vitex? Thank you

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2018, 03:57 PM
It does not take 6 months to work. I agree with you on that. I actually personally conceived twins on vitex (sadly one passed away) and I'd only taken it for 2 months.

Boymom287
May 30th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Quick question. I have been taking colic acid for just a few weeks now as I believe it help have healthy pregnancies. But did I read somewhere that folic acid sways blue? Like I said o have only been taking it for about 3 weeks but was just curious if I should stop.

atomic sagebrush
May 30th, 2018, 12:28 PM
It doesn't matter if folic acid sways pink, blue, or plaid, it is the only supplement ever shown to prevent birth defects when taken prior to conception. Everyone should be on folic acid. All our swayers take it and our good results for pink are in women who are taking it so you can definitely get girls while on it!

Star4012
June 17th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Hi Atomic!

It's been a few months since I've posted on here. Still swaying pink but would love to increase our chances of twin girls. I had tried 4 rounds of Clomid with no success. After being referred to a RE and went through extensive testing, my RE is beginning an "aggressive clomid/letrozole IUI cycle" after confirmed PCOS and my husband had "abnormal shaping of semen". We will be doing 3 cycles of IUI before moving onto IVF.

I'll take provera to restart my cycle... when I get my cycle l'll either take clomid or letrozole (my instinct is to request clomid for more chances of multiples). I'm guessing my RE will want me to take it days 3-7 but I may take it 2-6... then I'll go in to be monitored and when my eggs look large enough, I'll get a trigger shot. I'll come in again about 24 hours later to have the IUI procedure and then will be on progesterone suppositories until positive pregnancy test or AF.

My question to you is, what other ways can I increase my odds of twins? Preferably girls? I've been taking folic acid (800mg) and sticking to 1 cup of caffeinated coffee and multiple cups of decaf a day. My husband is on a bunch of supplements (over the counter) to help the shape of his sperm. Ive attached a pic. I know with the IUI, it can completely screw up my sway but I'll do what I can outside of that to sway still.

I appreciate any direction you can give me. Thanks!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180617/cc34668d083b06cc7d6c1159f3f196be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Oh bummer, Star, I'm so sorry you haven't had success yet.

I feel that letrozole is better for pink and odds of conception, and has actually recently been shown to be more twin friendly than natural conception (maybe not as good as Clomid, but still going to up your chances). Since you have been trying so long and have done the 4 cycles of Clomid with no luck I'd personally suggest trying letrozole but totally your call to make.

I would have you on 1200-1600 mcg folic acid. I actually would wean hubby off the extra Vit. E. I know that some recommend it, but it's been shown to mess with cell division and is actually generally not so good for you anyway. There is more than enough E in the One a Day.

I actually suggest getting the Men's One a Day over 50 instead of the gummies, I just prefer the nutrient breakdown of them and also they have lycopene which I believe is very helpful for good swimmers.

No more than 500 mg fish oil a day, can't quite make out the dose on those but we've found that too much fish oil lowers cholesterol, testosterone, and in turn can mess with sperm health. Iif it's higher than that you can give them to him every other day or every couple instead.

We could even go so far as to add in some sperm health vitamins if you want, but they do sway blue.

Above all else, MOST IMPORTANT THING is for him to be doing regular release every 2-4 days.

Star4012
September 6th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Oh bummer, Star, I'm so sorry you haven't had success yet.

I feel that letrozole is better for pink and odds of conception, and has actually recently been shown to be more twin friendly than natural conception (maybe not as good as Clomid, but still going to up your chances). Since you have been trying so long and have done the 4 cycles of Clomid with no luck I'd personally suggest trying letrozole but totally your call to make.

I would have you on 1200-1600 mcg folic acid. I actually would wean hubby off the extra Vit. E. I know that some recommend it, but it's been shown to mess with cell division and is actually generally not so good for you anyway. There is more than enough E in the One a Day.

I actually suggest getting the Men's One a Day over 50 instead of the gummies, I just prefer the nutrient breakdown of them and also they have lycopene which I believe is very helpful for good swimmers.

No more than 500 mg fish oil a day, can't quite make out the dose on those but we've found that too much fish oil lowers cholesterol, testosterone, and in turn can mess with sperm health. Iif it's higher than that you can give them to him every other day or every couple instead.

We could even go so far as to add in some sperm health vitamins if you want, but they do sway blue.

Above all else, MOST IMPORTANT THING is for him to be doing regular release every 2-4 days.Atomic, is there a place on this page where people can sell extra leftover prescriptions? My iui was canceled and according to my follicle scan, I have 3 mature follicles ready to go! This could be my chance to have multiples... I have the ovidrel shot but they directed me to save it for next round and just do timed intercourse (every other day). If I can get another prescription for it, I'll trigger with the one I have. Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
September 6th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Yes for DM there sure is! it's here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/buy-sell-trade-giveaway/

Good luck and keep me posted - I hope this is your month! FXFXFX!

Star4012
September 6th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Yes for DM there sure is! it's here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/buy-sell-trade-giveaway/

Good luck and keep me posted - I hope this is your month! FXFXFX!

Thank you! I ended up taking clomid 50mg days 4-8 .... had my follicle scan this morning (on CD13) and they said I have wayyy too much going on with my ovaries to proceed with the trigger and IUI... said that multiples were the risk. I asked about still triggering and doing timed intercourse and they said to only do timed intercourse. I called back to get the exact measurements of the follicles and they are as followed:

Right ovary: 28mm, 22mm, 18mm
Left ovary: 19mm, 15mm, 13mm

I have been taking 1600mg of folic acid since CD1... drinking a diet coke daily, and also drinking an alcoholic drink about 4 times a week. fingers crossed for atleast 1 girl! :)

Star4012
September 7th, 2018, 08:58 AM
My results are finally online. Still up in the air if I should trigger or not. What if they are actually cysts that look like follicles? Urgh. I'm so lost right now. I can't seem to find ovidrel without a prescription online, and if I take the one in my fridge and I dont succeed with getting pregnant, idk if my doc would order me another one for next round. They were sure I'd ovulate on my own today and this morning my clearblue advanced smileys were still flashing indicating no peak. My temps are still down too, but this was my first monitored cycle and I've taken clomid before and didnt ovulate-- that's when I had anovulatory cycles. So my thoughts are, what if this is my chance to trigger and actually ovulate and I dont take the chance... or what if i don't ovulate at all and all the mature follicles are wasted. Hmmm
... I wish there was a clear answer lol! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180907/d668f0564614089da0dd2400fc22687f.jpg

atomic sagebrush
September 7th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Hmmm....well, they're the experts. The issue with the trigger is that it may cause the 18/19mm to be released when they might not have been otherwise. i think wihtout the trigger what will ~likely~ happen is that 28 will go and possibly 22, but that the CL from 28 will suppress 19 and 18 from being released. This seems to be a good case scenario for you and I personally would have you just proceed with the timed intercourse without the trigger.

now, that having been said (bad advice alert!) I have had several clients told by their doctors to trigger/attempt in months with 4 follicles. And many of them did not get pregnant, and the rest got pregnant with a singleton. A follicle does not equal a for sure baby. But on the other other hand, the 15 and ~mayyyyybeeee~ the 13 could even potentially develop enough to be released (the smallest I've seen is 14 mm, not common though and I was never really sure if it was a legit 14 or the tech measured incorrectly) But on the other other OTHER hand, you have been trying for a long time. Just understand that this could have disastrous results (twins, yay, more than that will be a disaster!) and so I really do think it is best for you to hold off on the trigger this month.

Star4012
September 8th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Hmmm....well, they're the experts. The issue with the trigger is that it may cause the 18/19mm to be released when they might not have been otherwise. i think wihtout the trigger what will ~likely~ happen is that 28 will go and possibly 22, but that the CL from 28 will suppress 19 and 18 from being released. This seems to be a good case scenario for you and I personally would have you just proceed with the timed intercourse without the trigger.

now, that having been said (bad advice alert!) I have had several clients told by their doctors to trigger/attempt in months with 4 follicles. And many of them did not get pregnant, and the rest got pregnant with a singleton. A follicle does not equal a for sure baby. But on the other other hand, the 15 and ~mayyyyybeeee~ the 13 could even potentially develop enough to be released (the smallest I've seen is 14 mm, not common though and I was never really sure if it was a legit 14 or the tech measured incorrectly) But on the other other OTHER hand, you have been trying for a long time. Just understand that this could have disastrous results (twins, yay, more than that will be a disaster!) and so I really do think it is best for you to hold off on the trigger this month.Thank you for your input, Atomic! I've held off on triggering just for my "gut" feeling.... although as time goes on, I'm not quite sure I'm going to ovulate on my own after all. Its day 4 of flashing smileys (fertile window but not peak) for me using clearblue advanced smileys... Sept 1st was day 1 after my last clomid pill... so by the 11th, if I dont ovulate (3 more days) I'll call into my doctors office. My temps seem to have a very very slow rise. Today it was 98.25 and knowing my body from temping 2 years... I know that anything under 98.0 indicates no ovulation yet. Typically, my O rise was at least 98.50 or more. So idk, we will see. Just wanted to update you!

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the update! This is how I learn stuff, is by you guys sharing these experiences with me.

Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Star4012
September 11th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the update! This is how I learn stuff, is by you guys sharing these experiences with me.

Fingers and toes crossed!!!So I ended up calling my doc on Saturday bc at that point I had 5 days of flashing smileys (clearblue advanced) and my cheap opks showed no progression. I had bloodwork done yesterday on CD17 as well as an ultrasound. My blood test and ultrasound results finally updated on my app this morning. Now I'm sitting here over analyzing every little detail and trying to "decode" it lol

All results are from CD17 (today is now CD18 )
Progesterone: 14.8 ng/mL
LH: 3.8 mIU/mL

When I spoke to the nurse on the phone yesterday about my results, she said that based on my progesterone levels I've ovulated (even though my temps have a really show rise and opks never caught it) and the ultrasound indicates 2 debris filled cysts that likely are from the ruptured follicles (possibly). Sitting down and comparing the two ultrasounds I'm thinking I ovulated the 3 biggest follicles and the rest are still there. My lining seems to be great. Fingers crossed!

First pic is the follicle ultrasound on CD13

The second and third pic is my ultrasound from yesterday, CD17-- it's a little harder to read. but this is what I've gotten out of it:
Right ovary: 5 follicles below 10mm, 1 follicle at 20mm
Left ovary: 3 follicles below 10mm, 1 follicle at 21mm, 1 follicle at 20mm

Chart link: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/46a231
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/39a7e4e05327f7c7aaf00f734eaa275d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/aa868de3a7801dca163f65c2e51d7cb9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/78e7666eaa4774ace752dab8c504c109.jpg

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Yep it does sound to me like you've ovulated based on your progesterone.

Yes great lining - trilaminar is indicative of a good chance of implantation succeeding!

FXFXFX for good news - and PLEASE keep me posted! I'm on pins and needles!!

Star4012
September 11th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Yep it does sound to me like you've ovulated based on your progesterone.

Yes great lining - trilaminar is indicative of a good chance of implantation succeeding!

FXFXFX for good news - and PLEASE keep me posted! I'm on pins and needles!!Thanks Atomic! The original plan was to take progesterone suppositories from IUI on... I asked if I should take it and they told me it was my choice whether or not to. What's your opinion about it?

atomic sagebrush
September 12th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Studies have shown that progesterone supplementation does nothing to help anyone get or stay pregnant. It's a placebo. A normal healthy pregnancy will make all the progesterone it needs to sustain itself. And if progesterone drops, it is a sign that the pregnancy was not developing normally, and the progesterone dropping is just the way the body pulls the plug on the pregnancy before it gets too far along. All that prog supps do is to extend the length of time before the loss occurs (if one is destined to happen) possibly making it take much more of a toll on your body than it would othewise.

It is totally up to you and I can totally understand wanting to try everything when you've been at this for a while, but that's just what the evidence is seeming to indicate (and this comes from Harvard, not from the Flybynight University of Shangri-La LOL so it appears to be very very legit.)

Star4012
September 25th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Studies have shown that progesterone supplementation does nothing to help anyone get or stay pregnant. It's a placebo. A normal healthy pregnancy will make all the progesterone it needs to sustain itself. And if progesterone drops, it is a sign that the pregnancy was not developing normally, and the progesterone dropping is just the way the body pulls the plug on the pregnancy before it gets too far along. All that prog supps do is to extend the length of time before the loss occurs (if one is destined to happen) possibly making it take much more of a toll on your body than it would othewise.

It is totally up to you and I can totally understand wanting to try everything when you've been at this for a while, but that's just what the evidence is seeming to indicate (and this comes from Harvard, not from the Flybynight University of Shangri-La LOL so it appears to be very very legit.)Update: currently on CD2 :( went for my CD2 blood work at my RE today and this cycle is being canceled due to elevated estradoil levels (2 cysts, 1 on each ovary). I'm instructed to rest and have been prescribed birth control pills for 3 weeks to suppress the estradiol. Hopefully this month "off" TTC will give me the results I need to continue a treatment cycle. [emoji120][emoji1696]

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2018, 02:34 PM
OH crud, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

But let's try to look at it as this is just what was necessary for you to get pregnant in the future. :heart:

Afnan
October 17th, 2018, 04:48 PM
That may be a great plan, I know of one lady who did exactly that (took vitex nonstop for a few months and then stopped it all together and did soy instead) and did conceive a baby girl.

Hi atomic

Is Vitex proper for blue twins ?
I heard that sway pink

Any thing for blue twins swayer ?

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2018, 07:42 PM
No vitex for blue twins - it sways pink.

Full fat dairy, higher dose folic acid or folate (2000 mcg)

Cassava may help, as may eating a lot of sweet potatoes

Can you get Clomid or Femara?

Star4012
October 21st, 2018, 09:11 PM
OH crud, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

But let's try to look at it as this is just what was necessary for you to get pregnant in the future. [emoji813]Hi atomic, I'm back! I had my CD3 testing today and my E2 levels were down to 21! Yay! So we have a green light to try again this cycle. Since I hyperstimulated 2 months ago on clomid (11 follicles!!) I'm going to go ahead and try femara while taking an overabundance of folic acid in hopes that I still produce more than 1 or 2 follicles. [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji120][emoji120]

When I was on clomid, I was super super dry like ZERO CM. I've heard of taking Evening Primose Oil 3000mg daily until ovulation can help to increase fertile CM. Would this ruin my sway for pink? I know the odds are against me with IUI but I wanted to try whatever I could still. We will do femara days 3-7 2.5mg .... follicle check on CD12.. we will trigger and IUI.. as well as timed intercourse EOD... then progesterone suppositories until BFP or AF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk40605

Afnan
October 22nd, 2018, 07:10 AM

I can take one of them if I asked my doctor, if its sway blue [emoji170][emoji170]

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2018, 03:05 PM
I can take one of them if I asked my doctor, if its sway blue [emoji170][emoji170]

Clomid and Femara may sway a little pink, but if you take them when doing lots of stuff to sway blue, it will help you get twins and then the blue friendly things you're doing will help you get the boys!

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2018, 03:08 PM
I woudl not have you take the evening primrose because it can interfere with the way the Clomid and Femara work. It also can thin out the blood hugely at that level and is not acceptably safe to me. If you MUST take it please no more than 500 a day in the luteal phase only, drop at O. It was once thought to sway blue but we saw so many opposites with it we ended up dropping it from blue sways.

THat hving been said I'd MUCH rather you take guaifenesin to help with CM.

Good luck for this upcoming month Star and please keep me posted!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Star4012
October 23rd, 2018, 06:26 PM
I woudl not have you take the evening primrose because it can interfere with the way the Clomid and Femara work. It also can thin out the blood hugely at that level and is not acceptably safe to me. If you MUST take it please no more than 500 a day in the luteal phase only, drop at O. It was once thought to sway blue but we saw so many opposites with it we ended up dropping it from blue sways.

THat hving been said I'd MUCH rather you take guaifenesin to help with CM.

Good luck for this upcoming month Star and please keep me posted!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:Thank you, Atomic! So where do I find that? And what dose would you recommend? Also, preantral follicles--- I have about 9 total between my 2 ovaries. Are those likely to mature with femara or will it be like normal ovulation when you have many follicles and just 1 or 2 become dominate and continue to grow? I'm trying to learn all of this to see if any of it makes sense to me Haha. Unfortunately when I overstimulated, I didnt have an ultrasound to measure preantral follicles that cycle so I cant even see how many I started with to end up with 11. I'm taking 3200mg of folic acid-- is that too much? I dont want to over stimulate again but I still want chances for twins. Eeekkk!

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Guaifenesin can be found at any drugstore, even like Walmart. You want the kind that has just guaifenesin in it and not any other active ingredients (especially avoid dextromethorphan as it can't be taken when TTC)

It's all but 100% that most of those follies will slow in growth leaving only the best one or two to be ovulated.

Folic acid, we believe based on the best data we have, doesn't cause twinning to happen. It only makes it more likely that both babies will survive the first trimester. So I do not believe that level of folic can cause overstimming.

Star4012
October 24th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Guaifenesin can be found at any drugstore, even like Walmart. You want the kind that has just guaifenesin in it and not any other active ingredients (especially avoid dextromethorphan as it can't be taken when TTC)

It's all but 100% that most of those follies will slow in growth leaving only the best one or two to be ovulated.

Folic acid, we believe based on the best data we have, doesn't cause twinning to happen. It only makes it more likely that both babies will survive the first trimester. So I do not believe that level of folic can cause overstimming.Perfect! I will go to Walmart to night to see what I can find with just that in it. Should I start taking it daily or just closer to ovulation?

Also what are your thoughts on Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? And Pom juice?

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2018, 02:16 PM
YOu only need to take it starting about 5 days before O and going through 3 days after. I would wait to start it till a coupe days after your last dose of Femara.

I have concerns about mixing RRLT with Femara. I worry they could interact and thus I prefer you guys skip it. The Pom is ok but I really doubt it's in any way necessary.

Star4012
October 28th, 2018, 01:13 PM
YOu only need to take it starting about 5 days before O and going through 3 days after. I would wait to start it till a coupe days after your last dose of Femara.

I have concerns about mixing RRLT with Femara. I worry they could interact and thus I prefer you guys skip it. The Pom is ok but I really doubt it's in any way necessary.It's currently CD10 and I got a positive opk this morning... went in for bloodwork and a u/s to get things rolling...

so.... IUI TOMORROW!!

Estradiol: 181
LH: 9.2
Progesterone: 0.7

3 follicles: 22mm, 13mm, 11mm

10pm tonight- ovidrel shot
8am tomorrow- semen sample
10am- IUI

atomic sagebrush
October 28th, 2018, 03:39 PM
AAAA Star I'm soooo excited for you!! Good luck!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Lilyblossom
November 9th, 2018, 05:55 PM

full HE diets,vitamins,several attempts on fertile window & Isoflavones will go for boys right?

Any brand for isoflavones good for boys sway?

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2018, 12:29 PM
full HE diets,vitamins,several attempts on fertile window & Isoflavones will go for boys right?

Any brand for isoflavones good for boys sway?

Yes to everything but the isoflavones - we aren't too sure about how isoflavones sway. And since I have not seen a single set of twins conceived on it, I am no longer recommending it for anyone as it really seems to mess up people's cycles!

Star4012
November 15th, 2018, 10:03 AM
AAAA Star I'm soooo excited for you!! Good luck!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:Well I had a BFN on Tuesday and AF arrived today. Today is CD1 again. Should I be adding in anything to my diet or just continuing to do what I've been doing?

My period was so light last month, only spotting so my acupuncturist said to a tablespoon of bone broth daily to help with volume of blood. Would you suggest this too?

Any sort of direction is greatly appreciated

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Tell me more about your diet. Fat, protein, calories most importantly.

I personally don't think a tablespoon of anything is a miracle cure so I'd like to correct the issue from the ground up. But you can certainly add it in if you'd like to.

trying4twins
December 23rd, 2018, 04:50 PM
I found this thread years ago but was away from the forums for a bit -- super happy to find it again! I'm wondering -- have there been any successful, intentional twin sways?

LMSM
December 23rd, 2018, 07:15 PM
I found this thread years ago but was away from the forums for a bit -- super happy to find it again! I'm wondering -- have there been any successful, intentional twin sways?

I don’t know for sure’, but lots of pink swayers try to get ovulation induction drugs such as Clomid as it sways pink, but as it increases odds of multiples too, it might be there have been pink swayers hoping for twins that way especially !
I will be swaying blue, but secretely hoping for twin boys..which is probably unlikely for me with three girls and getting older :P

trying4twins
December 24th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Well... twin boys could be a crazy busy amazing adventure! Let me know if you hear of anything to increase your odds of twinning? :)

I don’t know for sure’, but lots of pink swayers try to get ovulation induction drugs such as Clomid as it sways pink, but as it increases odds of multiples too, it might be there have been pink swayers hoping for twins that way especially !
I will be swaying blue, but secretely hoping for twin boys..which is probably unlikely for me with three girls and getting older :P

hopper
December 24th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I found this thread years ago but was away from the forums for a bit -- super happy to find it again! I'm wondering -- have there been any successful, intentional twin sways?I wasn't intentionally ttc twins but am currently carrying DCDA twins which are b/g. I took 50mg Clomid for swaying purposes. I didn't exactly do much else in terms of decreasing my chances of conception. I wasn't eating more than 1800 cals daily, mostly within LE limits for fat and protein. Higher end of those as I was trying to keep to the PCOS version. No cardio. One attempt (Well either O-5 or O day conception) Did jump and dump which was first time ever to do that. No big O. Also a first. I didn't know if I'd even ovulated that cycle as I wasn't obsessively tracking like I had when we were previously ttc, I had very little symptoms and none of the usual pain I'd heard was associated with taking Clomid.
I'm currently 26 weeks and it's a lot harder than my previous pregnancies but obviously wouldn't change my situation for anything. Just anxious they both get here okay.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
December 24th, 2018, 04:31 PM

Yes you may remember we talked about possibly making a "twin sway plan" (I think that was you, right??) But because I have NEVER seen anyone successfully sway twin (except with Clomid or Femara) I stepped away from the idea. I don't like promising things without having a high level of confidence in what I'm offering. I just don't feel like anyone who has set out to get twins has really gotten them.

4blue2pink
December 26th, 2018, 01:36 PM

LMSM i secretly hope for twins everytime!! i know a lady who has 2 girls and she's just had non-identical twin boys :) no fertility treatments or meds, shes rake thin and a real typical LE lifestyle so anything is possible!! i really really hope your twin boy dream comes true :heart:

trying4twins
December 28th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Yes you may remember we talked about possibly making a "twin sway plan" (I think that was you, right??) But because I have NEVER seen anyone successfully sway twin (except with Clomid or Femara) I stepped away from the idea. I don't like promising things without having a high level of confidence in what I'm offering. I just don't feel like anyone who has set out to get twins has really gotten them.

Yes! It was me. You have a great memory. I wondered why you didn't feel comfortable moving forward, so I really appreciate your honesty and that makes total sense. But if you have any thoughts or suggestions so I could try a independent sway, I would be grateful. I will share anything I think helped with you if it works and if it would help future sway-ers. :)

atomic sagebrush
December 28th, 2018, 03:25 PM
The only thing I really believe in is the Clomid/Femara. I've seen people do all the other stuff several times and none of them got twins.

Full fat dairy may help - BUT the weird thing is we see way more twins in our pink swayers (even without the fertility meds) many of whom aren't having any full fat dairy! We have seen very few twins in our blue swayers even though they're doing lots of things that ~should~ "sway twin". I really have to conclude that there are underlying mechanisms governing twinning and aside from C/F there's really no reliable way to improve the chances very much.

ABC.2606
December 29th, 2018, 12:06 PM
I am 35 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and firmly believe the primary reason was Clomid. I was on 50 mg - I took it for four cycles but not consecutive because on cycles 2 & 3 of it I got pregnant but had early miscarriages. But, I was monitored by ultrasound around ovulation for 2 of those 4 cycles and both times I had two dominant follicles - one of each ovary. So for me the Clomid - even a pretty low dose of it - seemed to make me very prone to developing more than one dominant follicle, thus the twins! The one unmedicated cycle I had ultrasound monitoring on before I started Clomid I had only one dominant follicle that was a lot smaller than my clomid follicles. So Clomid had a HUGE effect on follicle growth for me!

Other factors that may have contributed... age (I’m 35), having had 3 early miscarriages in less than a year, and like atomic said full fat dairy. I had been swaying pink for over a year - mostly pcos version. DH and I are also SUPER fertile and get pregnant very easily - even though we were doing one attempt every cycle and the cycle I got my twins, I did j&d after 5 min or so. None of our swaying seemed to lower our fertility!

But yea honestly I believe if you really want twins, Clomid is your best chance! It sways pink and I don’t know if you’re swaying pink or blue but I still got a boy twin on it with a hard pink sway for over a year!

trying4twins
January 5th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Thanks, AS! With the pink swayers who wind up with twins... what do you think they have in common, other than the fertility meds? Curious if you've noticed any common factors. Are twin moms taking more folate/ folic acid? Any other supps that might be helping with follicle development or egg quality?

I would sway boy but truly happy with either/ or/ both.

The only thing I really believe in is the Clomid/Femara. I've seen people do all the other stuff several times and none of them got twins.

Full fat dairy may help - BUT the weird thing is we see way more twins in our pink swayers (even without the fertility meds) many of whom aren't having any full fat dairy! We have seen very few twins in our blue swayers even though they're doing lots of things that ~should~ "sway twin". I really have to conclude that there are underlying mechanisms governing twinning and aside from C/F there's really no reliable way to improve the chances very much.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Many of our pink swayers are older and have a lot of kids and so I think they're predisposed to twins. I believe (and studies seem to indicate) that moms who have a lot of boys also have more twins - probably due to higher occurrance of PCOS among moms of lots of boys. I can't find the studies this morning but they do exist!

trying4twins
February 1st, 2019, 03:55 PM
Wellll, I've come up with my protocol if anyone is interested! ;)

I’m basing my sway off the natural (or non-prescription) supplements I’ve seen used for successful natural twin sways. The main one I’m following, delivered boy/ girl twins. I am taking most these supplements for a minimum of 100 days before active TTCT begins. And, this is not medical advice --always check with your doctor first!

:flowerz: For me:

Diet: Very nourishing, with full-fat dairy and a moderate amount of meat. Lots of fruits and veggies and some grains. Low sugar. Extra water, one cup of coffee per day with full fat cream.

Myo-Inositol & D-Chiro Inositol in a ratio of 40:1 improve ovarian function and are used to treat PCOS, improving ovulation. For those without PCOS, anecdotal evidence suggests they may increase twinning. This supplement is shown to boost fertility by improving egg quality. Inositol is a member of the B-vitamins and a component of the cell membrane. Inositol is found in foods such as fruits, beans, grains, and nuts and is also made by the body. I have noticed a much better ovulatory cycle since I started taking it. My dose: 2,000 mg. See https://amzn.to/2sbny9L

CoQ10 is an anti-aging coenzyme that helps with egg quality. This is a nutrient that occurs naturally in the body. CoQ10 is also in many foods we eat. CoQ10 acts as an antioxidant, which protects cells from damage. My dose: 600 mg. See https://amzn.to/2Gl9AKR

Choline, a phospholipid that plays an important role in fertility, is an essential nutrient naturally present in some foods and available as a dietary supplement. Choline is a source of methyl groups needed for many steps in metabolism. The body needs choline to synthesize two major phospholipids vital for cell membranes. My dose: 600 mg. See https://amzn.to/2CNszeF

Folate (Folic Acid) in high doses is used in most or all successful twin sway protocols. Twin mamas have reported taking 2,000 to 5,000 mcg/ day. Research which form and what dose is best for you. My dose: 2,000 mcg/ day in months leading up to TTC; 5,000 mcg folate during the few weeks I active TTC. See https://amzn.to/2Svf3C0

Iron for improved uterine lining, blood supply and overall health. I’m taking Garden of Life Iron Complex - Vitamin Code Raw Iron Whole Food Vitamin, one per day: https://amzn.to/2G7VgG6

DHA/ Omega Prenatal blend for egg quality while TTC and will continue during pregnancy for twin babies’ brain development. My dose: one softgel/ day. See: https://amzn.to/2D4ZwCc

Zinc -- to prevent miscarriage (Low levels of zinc have been directly linked to miscarriage in the early stages of a pregnancy). According to my research, you can safely take 30 mg long-term. The best form is zinc citrate or picolinate taken directly after food. (After food to prevent the nausea that can occur with zinc.) My dose: 15-30 mg/ day, will research more (as per Atomic Sagebrush's comment) and include what's in my prenatal to ensure I'm not taking too much. See https://amzn.to/2t1cPiI

Black Haw Root -- Removed per Atomic Sagebrush cautions about using it in pregnancy (even very early pregnancy)

Whole Food Prenatal for every day while TTC and during pregnancy (switching to a better one after AS comment): https://amzn.to/2MRbXWL

Considering/ Researching:
Pom fruit juice (helps thicken lining, 1 serving/ day from CD 5 to ovulation) See https://amzn.to/2SFw64k

(removed tribulus per AtomicSagebrush recommendation)

:pinksperm: DH is taking:

Conception Men blend with Zinc, Folate, Ashwagandha etc. https://amzn.to/2HYLTui
(removed extra multi for now)
And extra Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2019, 02:30 PM
I'm following your twin sway to see how it goes for you!

You've obviously done your research - I"m going to sound off on some of these because I don't want a bunch of people who haven't done that research to start taking all these things. This is not meant as a rebuke or anything, I just would like to stave off any problems in the future that I'll have with people coming to me taking all this stuff.

Inositol - we've had this cause a lot of trouble for people (excess weight loss, delaying and even stopping ovulation, and weirdest of all, making peoples FSH rise which may impact egg quality negatively) I only recommend this for those with moderate to severe PCOS and not for everyone.

Bromelain - I do not ever recommend this for people as it is a blood thinner, is not necessary (since you're on the DHA) and has seemed to cause not only bleeidng and bruising, but subchorionic hemorrhage and possibly miscarriages.

I do not ever recommend more than 15 mg zinc ever unless someone is deficient

I despise Garden of Life prenatal and cannot ever recommend it. It has ingredients in it that delay/stop ovulation, and others that are unsafe during pregnancy. Really really dislike that prenatal

I do not ever recommend black haw root. It's contraindicated during pregnancy and all these herbs, we simply don't know how long the effects last, so when you see something that says "unsafe during pregnancy but hey sure take it when you're first pregnant" that's very bad advice, since for all anyone knows, the unsafe qualities linger in the body for weeks/months after that, right when a baby is at its most vulnerable to harm.

I do not recommend tribulus. High FSH is bad for egg quality and it's not desirable, plus tribulus has really wreaked havoc with people's cycles.

trying4twins
February 5th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Thank you! I'm tweaking and updating based on your feedback. :)

I'm following your twin sway to see how it goes for you!

You've obviously done your research - I"m going to sound off on some of these because I don't want a bunch of people who haven't done that research to start taking all these things. This is not meant as a rebuke or anything, I just would like to stave off any problems in the future that I'll have with people coming to me taking all this stuff.

Inositol - we've had this cause a lot of trouble for people (excess weight loss, delaying and even stopping ovulation, and weirdest of all, making peoples FSH rise which may impact egg quality negatively) I only recommend this for those with moderate to severe PCOS and not for everyone.

Bromelain - I do not ever recommend this for people as it is a blood thinner, is not necessary (since you're on the DHA) and has seemed to cause not only bleeidng and bruising, but subchorionic hemorrhage and possibly miscarriages.

I do not ever recommend more than 15 mg zinc ever unless someone is deficient

I despise Garden of Life prenatal and cannot ever recommend it. It has ingredients in it that delay/stop ovulation, and others that are unsafe during pregnancy. Really really dislike that prenatal

I do not ever recommend black haw root. It's contraindicated during pregnancy and all these herbs, we simply don't know how long the effects last, so when you see something that says "unsafe during pregnancy but hey sure take it when you're first pregnant" that's very bad advice, since for all anyone knows, the unsafe qualities linger in the body for weeks/months after that, right when a baby is at its most vulnerable to harm.

I do not recommend tribulus. High FSH is bad for egg quality and it's not desirable, plus tribulus has really wreaked havoc with people's cycles.

MsDashwood
November 4th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Wow! I’m enjoying reading about this twin sway. I want to sway girl but so much want twins! My grandfather (mums side) was a twin and I’ve always felt I sometimes double ovulate (pain is really strong sometimes). I am also nearing mid 30s and slightly overweight.

How did your sway go? I’d be super keen to hear!