PDA

View Full Version : Back to business!!!

tinksmagic
May 28th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Well, ladies, it's been months since my miscarriage and I'm thankful to be able to have another chance. A lot has happened since I got the news that my boys were blighted. It's made me look at a lot of things in my life I never even would have considered, but I took action months ago and it's finally showing results.

My period finally showed back up and was only 2 days off from my calculations! My 2 weeks of recovery from my d&c turned into almost 8 weeks! I still get sad when I hear of someone I know having a boy (yes, they're all still having boys!!!!) but I am not giving up hope. My period was actually NORMAL!!! Apparently what I thought was normal was not ~ for years! I knew it was odd, but this time it was 5 days long, bright pink, and I actually had cramps for 3 days! Most people would cringe and groan at this, but for me, this is great news!!!!

Hubby still on board, but falls here and there. I have to keep reminding myself "eye on the prize" and "what's worth the prize it worth the fight". It's been 2 months of A LOT of eating changes, living changes, and mental changes. Now I worry I will probably get pregnant on my own with more girls! UGH! LOL!!!!

I am changing my ways of thinking on how to approach my next cycle. I'm calling all the shots this time, I learned that half way through my last cycle. No doctor will dictate to me what I need to do, I need their assistance, not their demands! The last doctor we saw would have me cycling again in 6 weeks, like I need that!!! I don't! I need to continue my healthy journey and when I'm ready, we'll do things a lot differently!

I started with eating only healthy foods and taking supplements that make sense to me. I'm reading the threads here that recommend ideas and working them in to my plan. I read both of Julia's books and they make sense, thank you to everyone who suggested them. I'm also over on her forums, but they're not as active over there, and not sure the women on that forum would understand the who gender desire thing when they would be happy just having a baby. :)

Thank you to everyone who's followed me, I'm going to try to get on the boards more, but hubby is home with an injury and I'm not online as much.

LolaInLove
May 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hey Tinksmagic, I haven't gotten on this forum in a bit, so sorry I missed this post. So, you are going HT for boys again? I think you have a good plan to spend a little time getting yourself into good shape health-wise. It will only help your cycle be successful, in my opinion. Good luck!!!

tinksmagic
May 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you. I've been away a bit myself. I've been doing a TON of reading and getting healthy, it all just makes so much sense! My OB insists it "could" happen for me, but my eggs are "old" and not to get my hopes up. The other IVF doctor's I've seen just want to rush through another cycle and NOT do PGD. I decided months ago to do this next round on MY terms. With the reading I've been doing I've got to give my self the chance to see if I can change outcome with diet and exercise because otherwise, I'm just throwing money away since it's clear there's a problem with my eggs and it would only get worse. Hubby loves to remind me of the definition of insane "doing the same action over and over again expecting a different outcome".

I've been researching other PGD labs and found one that will test all 24 and retest them for $500 more on day 5. We only did the 5 panel test each time and no test other than the 24 will test for Trisomy 10 which is what our twin had. We already knew 18 and 13 were against us too. So hubby and I are both doing what we can to improve quality.

FX for you too! I might call on your for help with charting, not that we're ttc naturally, but I'm so bad about tracking and I want to to be sure my cycles are accurate. This month alone proved great changes and I'm psyched, lol, I just want to shout out that I got it and it's NORMAL! How weird is that??? :D

TTC5
May 29th, 2012, 10:55 PM
All the best!