PDA

View Full Version : How important are ph levels?

OneLastDream
January 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Since stopping cranberry my ph constantly goes up to late 6's or 7's I have tried replens rphresh etc is it majorly important it's between 4 and 5? I will try lime but thought you couldn't use with rephresh??? Also can you use rephresh daily or just every 3 days and if you can how much of it? Thanks!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Don't use lime and RepHresh, if you want to use lime, use it with Replens or Acijel. RepHresh you should only use every three days ~if you want to.~ If you do want to just use RepHresh for your attempt, that is FINE. Use a 1/2 applicator 12 hours before and then ~if you want to~ use 1/2 applicator afterwards (I think the before shot is much more important than the afterwards). Plus I strongly urge you to do the antihistamine.

I am honestly not convinced about the pH and how much it matters any more. There were a lot of TBM opposites and it makes me wonder, KWIM?? If you can bear with me another day or two, I have an essay in the works about that but it is taking forever.

How quick does the cran lower your pH? I think if you stay off it and then take it for 3 days or so before O, you may get the benefits of lower pH without having to be on it for long enough to trigger the bleeding...but again, I think your safety is far and away the most important consideration.

OneLastDream
January 26th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks - I have been taking the antihistamine now for 3 days - my CM does dry up but then comes back the next day - is this what would happen? Am not sure how quickly the cranberry lowers my ph I will need to test. How long do I need to wait after rephresh to use replens and lime? I think I may need to douche still even with the antihistimine! Thanks and soz again for all the questions!

Viene
January 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I would like to not believe that the pH is very important, but there were too many studies backing it up. I think hormones and overall condition are more important, but I still think pH is too.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
wow, that's really interesting! So you've seen a lot of TBM opposites? Something for me to think about then because I was planning on doing that when we sway again in the future. But if the stats aren't that great on it, I won't bother and we will just dtd naturally. Then lower with replens or acijel 5 min. after and every 1/2 hour for the next 4 hours. That's still thought of as a good sway plan right? The whole lowering every 30 min. after attempt?

When I made my attempt, the replens worked great, but only lowered my pH to 5.01, then it spiked in the middle of the night. SO I tend to think that doing a small amount of lime douche 30 min. after attempt is a good idea.

Would doing the lime douche 5 min., after attempt be to soon?

Thanks

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Jen, I think you should do EXACTLY what you did the last time! It worked for you. Don't mess with success. Plus, I really really do believe that getting obsessive and detail oriented about swaying or anything, has the potential to raise your testosterone and accidentally sway blue.

If it makes you feel better to check every 1/2 hour, you can if you like. I don't believe there is any one best way to sway. If you're doing things that reduce your CM and lower the amount of semen/sperm in the VJJ, and you've worked on lowering your testosterone levels with diet, you're golden.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
cool, great advice :). And I"m gonna do what I did last time then, not add anything like lime TBM and not delete anything. And you are so right, to not get crazy with details. I know the sway so well, I don't even have to think about it, haha. Reading all the new posts about swaying though is really great. I know that you are going to help a TON of girls on here with all this new info. Like you said, for me, I'll stick with the tried and true, what worked for me ;)...but I really love everything you've added on this site. I've finally had the time to really get on and read everything.

Once again, fabulous work!!!

OneLastDream
January 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM
That's all really great but being bit dim and embarrassed to ask but what is TBM? Is your last sway on here babydust?

lindi
January 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM
same question- what's TBM?

Viene
January 29th, 2011, 07:21 PM
TBM = Turkey Baster Method

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks Viene! Yeah, it means turkey basting method, but you don't actually use a turkey baster. It's when you have your Dh release into a small medicine cut or a diva cup, then lower with drops of lime until you get the pH around 4-4.7 and then insert either in the DC or using a small syringe. Not sure if I want to do that though 'cause I didn't do TBM for my original sway. Somethin' to think about I guess. And yes, I posted my sway in the girl swaying forum

lindi
January 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM
thanks

OneLastDream
January 30th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Oh right thanks!!! Thought it meant something to do with lime douching!!! Don't think I will do that it would stress me out too much I think!! Think will just go with what I am doing - will look at your sway though thanks! Good news is ph has lowered a bit with replens - yipee!!

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
TBM is when you take your husband's sperm and put it in a turkey baster and lower the pH by using lime juice, and then put it into your vagina. People think that this will sway because the low pH "freezes" the Y sperm. I also think it could sway, but by lowering sperm count and affecting the semen in ways that make it harder for the bulk of the sperm to make it to the egg.