PDA

View Full Version : Coocoobananas girl sway-boy

coocoobananas
May 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately all this hard work didn't pay off. I thought when I first got pregnant if it was a girl I'd thank atomic and if it wasn't I'd because I got sloppy at the end! I wasn't going to try the last month I conceived because I was becoming content with my 2 boys but I had a friend and others egging me on to give it a last go and the whole "if you try, you won't have a chance"
I know when I meet this baby I will have no regrets but I wish I listened to my gut. I knew I would only have another boy! I wouldn't trade him for any girl already but I feel like I wreaked havoc on my poor body for nothing! I could have had this outcome by staying in shape and being healthy! I'm bummed about it, but I guess I can say at least I tried.

So this may get cut off part way through as the kids are about and I may get interrupted! I had to add it now though as I forget tons of stuff already!!

Diet:
Skipped breakfast, I didn't eat until 12pm which is a total change!
I drank up to 3 cups of coffee with artificial sweetner to make it til that time!

I started the LE diet (personal plan from Atomic) on the 5th February 2012 and decided I would only try March til May as I have been wavering if I wanted to be content with my 2 boys (as there are certainly a million good reason to stick to 2 children...too late now;)
The first month I was extremely strict...like I think too much but I was determined.

I ate about 1200 calories a day, I am 5'2 and was 128lbs so I thought I needed to go that low to actually take it off. By ovulation time I was 120.
The second month I loosened up on the diet and cheated in social situations but still counted calories on fitness pal.

The third month, I convinced everyone I wasn't going to try anymore as the pressure was too much. I also was really starting to think I liked the idea of just having my 2 boys. However, I decided to continue as I told myself I would try for 3 months and I wanted to finish what I started...although it was a sloppy finish lol! Month 3 I went off of fitness pal counting calories and just winged it. By the very end I was convinced it wasn't going to happen so why keep torturing myself!! And guess what happened!
I promised myself I wouldn't beat myself up about what was lacking in the diet or not lacking. I think my body chemistry was totally different and I was 9 lbs less than I have ever concieved so hopefully that will play a role!

Exercise: None, the hardest thing I have ever had to do...but now I am used to it so its going to be hard getting back into while pregger!

Potions and Pills for me:
Vitex: 400m2 a day AF-O (a little before as I ran out)
Saw palmetto: 2 daily from AF-to around O (didn't use opks this month either!)
Low dose Aspirin: 4 times a week (I got ulcer type pains that lasted all day the week before O so started cutting those back as I was thinking it might be causing it a bit
Folic Acid: 1000mg daily
Chitosan: could never EVER remember! So annoying lol!
Probiotic: daily til they ran out around o

Potions and Pills for DH:
He took everything the 2 months ahead minus calcium as they made him nauseaus! but the last month he didn't take anything...I think I may have got him to take the sudafed (or whichever one the guy is supposed to take) for a couple of the bds.
I took reactin in morning of bd and I used rephresh cd 6ish and 9ish...I really should have wrote things down, but I was trying so hard to relax...it worked!
*i wanted to add that dh had a hot bath every night but we concieved ds2 under those circumstances... So pretty sure for us that doesn't make a difference!

Timing:
We did FR but sometimes with me and sometimes him alone...I am not sure on one day...yikes (if he did, I didn't ask, didn't want to do anything for him so didn't want to bring it up lol!)

PH:
I drank diet coke, like 3 a day!!

Ions:
occasionally squirted lavendar wash in my occasional bath.

Anything Else:
I did do jump and dump everytime and with quite a lot of effort;)
I have no idea when I ovulated but had the egg white stuff kinda around cd 13...so I think thats around when I ovulated? Although anyway I enter it on the internet it tells me cd 17 according to my long cycles! Which is why I waited so long to test!

This is about as much as I can think of right now! If I had any suggestions to other ladies starting up, I'd say go hard core on the diet (not crazy like me) and don't worry so much about timing and amounts of dtd. If I could go back I would have loved to get pregnant with that first month because my diet and supps were so great, but we only dtd once. I really had in my head that I was doing the diet for 6 weeks and that got me through...but when those 6 weeks were over and bfn...it put a damper on things and made it really difficult to keep going and as you can see it got way more relaxed on that end which is exactly what you shouldn't do!!
I didn't start eating about 5 days after what I assumed was ovulation...although, that is not correct if I did ovulate later and then I bummed that up too!! Ah well! So be it:) WHoever is in there is mine!
Wish us Luck!!!

PolishPrincess
May 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Coocoo-

Congrats mama! Sounds like this little bean was doing things at its own timing. Thank you so much for the details it really helps those of us in the crux of it ....so funny but I was thinking exactly your last part today...I need to think of this as a "summer-long" lifestyle change so it's less pressure....Congrats again you had an awesome sway!!! Happy and Healthy Pregnancy to you!!!

zanacal
May 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Congratulations and good luck!

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Good luck coocoo!!! Huge congrats!!

Myloves
May 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Good luck Coco.

Kiesse
May 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Big Congrats! xoxox

Inglewood
May 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Congrats and all the best! x

dloui128
May 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM
congratulations, sounds like a great sway

auroara78
May 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Congrats and good luck!

pebmcpd7
May 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Congrats, we are due the same day!!!!!!!!!! Hope we get our girls!!!!!

mariposa
May 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
congrats! good luck!!! xx

BenOliver1
June 17th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Great Job! Good Luck!

myGirl
June 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I think your sway sounds great coocoo! Congratulations on your pregnancy and H&H 9 months! :HH:

atomic sagebrush
October 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
I"m sorry it didn't work out, but congrats on your little guy!!!