PDA

View Full Version : Early positive pregnancy test / early BFP? This mean girl for anyone?

sunnyday4
May 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Early positive pregnancy test / early BFP? This mean girl for anyone?

Tested positive at 9 DPO with this pregnancy (gender unknown)
Previous 3 pregnancies (all boys) didn't test positive until 14 days after ovulation. Hoping could be a sign this baby is a girl?

girlmom
May 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
sorry hun, it could be a girl but testing early means nothing i have learned. my last 3 were all 17dpo and one girl, twin girls and now a boy but good luck and congrats!

sunnyday4
May 29th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Ah well nevermind .. thought I was clutching at straws with that one :giggle:

sunnyday4
October 29th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Just wanted to update that I had a girl after 3 boys. It can happen. Good luck to everyone!

vanasse2002
November 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
can't say about a boy positive, but both my girls were 9dpo positives.

cupcakebaby
November 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I had a BFP really early with all 3 of my girls and my HCG levels were really high, like twin-zone high lol.

Life In Pink
November 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I had early BFP with my DD at 9dpo levels were very high in twin range. Good luck

auroara78
November 6th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I got a pos at 9dpo with my girl, I prob would have tested at 9dpo with my boys too, if I tested that early with them. I think this is more of what your body does with hcg than gender.

babydust
November 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I got a BFP with this pregnancy at 10 dpo. Went from
Nothing the day before to rather dark and + digi at 10 dpo. Don't know gender yet. With my ds i got a + at 11 dpo. With my DD at 9 dpo

Wanting-a-girl
November 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I got a positive with my boy 6 days before my period and it was a pretty strong positive at that so nope not true in my case good luck and congrats

Mrs_P
November 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I got a positive with my boy 6 days before my period and it was a pretty strong positive at that so nope not true in my case good luck and congrats

Makes me more relieved - i got a bfp this time at 16dpo nothing before then am fairly certain its another boy though

Wanting-a-girl
November 6th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Fingers crossed its a girl for you... I wll be the same as you just except another boy after three you kind of lose hope but I am trying to feel optimistic.... I am just excited for another babe but I don't think I will feel complete without a little girl

The Anchor
November 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
The only thing HPTs can tell you about are HCG levels...which can be different with every pregnancy. That doesn't mean you don't have a pink bean in there though...good luck!

sunnyday4
November 7th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I updated that I have had a little girl this time! Good luck to everyone!

Lolly55
November 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
hi! i know this is a bit old, but I am interested in this as I got a really early and super dark test this time too. The test at the same time with my boys was no where near as dark - this one the line was darker than the control line the day my period was due! Anyway I started to google about it as I began to panic it could mean twins and I came across a number of studies that suggest higher HCG early on can indicate a female fetus. Not holding out too much hope based on this alone, but interesting none the less (and of course got me a teeny little bit excited!).

mummypink
November 27th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I got my earliest BFP this pregnancy - 10dpo, with my previous two I have always been about 17-18dpo before I got a positive. Its another boy though!

Mum23boys
November 27th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Ive no idea but i hope its true as i got un mistakable BFP at just 8dpo this time around :-)

fairydust2012
November 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
true for me.....BFP on cd19, so maybe 7-8 dpo....with my 2 boys it was later

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I got a + with my dd at 8dpo.
I got a + with my 3rd ds at 8dpo.
I got a + with this pregnancy, another ds, at 7dpo.

I think it means absolutely nothing.