PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Gender Calendar Predictor? Were they right for you? All say boy for me but hoping for girl?

sunnyday4
May 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Chinese Gender Calendar Predictor? Were they right for you? All say boy for me but hoping for girl?

The justparents chinese predictor says girl but all the other sites seem to indicate boy?

Just wondered which sites were correct for other people?

auroara78
May 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Some Chinese Gender charts say boy this time, but confirmed girl, and a very few others said girl and she is indeed a girl.

I do not believe it because most (80%) of the charts show DS1 and DS2 BOTH being girls and they are both little boys, I assure you!

LolaInLove
May 29th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Nope, wrong for me with DD2....my mom actually did it for me and my siblings also and it was wrong every time. I think it's just for fun. Try not to obsess with these OWT and such, they can suck you in and get you upset when in reality, there is nothing that points to your baby's gender other than what is between its legs in the ultrasound. (:

Lassie1982
May 29th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I have absolutely zero belief in the chinese gender chart, and here's why.
Culturally, the chinese are probably the culture that (historically) has had the greatest preference towards male gender, the strongest desire to create males and only males.
Having studied asian history (or even with just limited knowledge of the cultural history and practises) it well known that families would go to any lengths, and try any measure's to try and conceive only males.
This chart claims to have a 80% effectiveness (some places even quote 90%)
So if the chart were true then we would have seen a HUGE change in shift of gender in asian cultures historically - but we havnt, they have, and always will, follow the very close to 50/50 split as everyone else in the world.

Its harmless fun :) But i wouldn't put carry any hopes or dissapointemnts as a result of the chart!

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
We have done tons of polls on this site and IG and it's always been 50-50 on every site. There is nothing to them beyond sheer random chance. You can find one that happens to be right for you and then ask 10 other people and find out it's wrong for half of them.

The Chinese Gender Predictor made me really sad with DS 3 (all symptoms and OWT pointed to girl and even tho I didn't really believe in them even then, it felt like a 'SIGN' when it came up pink as well) and as a result I really hate those things!!

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I have absolutely zero belief in the chinese gender chart, and here's why.
Culturally, the chinese are probably the culture that (historically) has had the greatest preference towards male gender, the strongest desire to create males and only males.
Having studied asian history (or even with just limited knowledge of the cultural history and practises) it well known that families would go to any lengths, and try any measure's to try and conceive only males.
This chart claims to have a 80% effectiveness (some places even quote 90%)
So if the chart were true then we would have seen a HUGE change in shift of gender in asian cultures historically - but we havnt, they have, and always will, follow the very close to 50/50 split as everyone else in the world.

Its harmless fun :) But i wouldn't put carry any hopes or dissapointemnts as a result of the chart!

OMfreakinG Lassie, that is sheer genius. Standing ovation. You're absolutely, totally, 100% correct! Brilliant.

LolaInLove
May 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I was also gonna say right on, Lassie! That is excellent logic!

Might I add that the Asian culture's preference for males is a really terrible thing on many levels. For obvious reasons, it freaks me out what is going to come about when the current generation of mostly male babies grows up. Not to mention I'm not a big fan of aborting/killing/orphaning baby girls left and right.

auroara78
June 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Totally agree, Lola!!!

I find it very disturbing and wonder what all these little boys are gonna do as they grow up and there are 5 to 6 boys to maybe 1 female???

Jennyb0125
August 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM
If I do the one where i figure out my lunar age I get boy , but if I just give my age it says girl..So I am not sure which one is right..I hope the lunar age one..lol I guess I will find out Oct 5th at our 20 week scan!

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 12:27 AM
If I do the one where i figure out my lunar age I get boy , but if I just give my age it says girl..So I am not sure which one is right..I hope the lunar age one..lol I guess I will find out Oct 5th at our 20 week scan!

Lunar age is how to do it correctly.

jude2013
September 3rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Ohhh i did the lunar one and it comes back girl heres hoping ahh x

jark22
September 3rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
It was wrong for my first son, but right for my second son. So only 50% accurate for me...... This time it says another boy- hoping it's wrong again.

joyfylgrl
October 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Ironically enough, this was like the one gender predictor that was right! Three boys (which I have) and then a girl, which is what 12 and 14 week ultrasounds say...

sunnyday4
October 29th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Just wanted to update that I had a girl after 3 boys. It can happen. Good luck to everyone!

Atsaukina1
October 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
depending on which charts even with lunar conversion-

Boymomsrock
October 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Wrong both times. :)

pinkin2011
October 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
when done correct both mine were right.. 2 boys. next time I will be most def trying on a girl month

Thorz300
November 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I have 3 boys and the chinese gender chart was right with all 3 and my sister has 4 girls and it was right with all 4 of her girls, so this time im ttc during the girl months only! I only rely on 1 chinese gender predictor and it is found on Thelaboroflove.com On the left hand column there is a link to it. It is very detailed, it even takes into consideration your time zone. You have to absolutely calculate your lunar age. I believe in it but of course I do not believe it is 100%

sunnyday4
November 7th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I think out of all the clues to gender prediction the chinese calendars etc are the most inaccurate and varied. I had mixed results from all the sites and still had my little girl after 3 boys. I NEVER thought it would happen ... it CAN! Good luck! x

fairydust2012
November 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Wrong for me. Said my first 2 would be girls, both are boys. This time its saying boy so i hope its wrong again lol

peaberry86
February 26th, 2013, 02:07 AM
It predicted a girl but I ended up having DS! Now it say girl again... :worry:

BlueMom
February 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM
With both my boys it said girl for me :shrug: