PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy weight gain

pebmcpd7
May 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Do many of you put on much weight during pregnancy, I have 3lbs on already!!!
I am eating healthly but I don't want to be massive by the end!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Yes, I am a huge gainer when pregnant. It is normal (for me) to gain 20 pounds in the first trimester!! I usually eat constantly to prevent morning sickness and my body holds onto every bite I put in my mouth when I'm expecting. The most I gained was 75 lbs, the least I gained was 40. Luckily I've had good luck with kindly doctors who don't worry about it.

mydream
May 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Got on the scale this am- gained 2 lbs already. I have to eat what makes me feel good at this point-

Ribbons
May 29th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Me too - at 6 weeks and already gained almost 5 lbs! I also have to graze to keep from feeling icky... Morning sickness hasn't been too bad but I start to feel worse when i go too long without eating. I'm also getting killer headaches when I don't eat. Trying not to worry about it, but I already look like I did with DS2 at 12 weeks!!!

mydream
May 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Last night I was so sick before bed that I ate like 1/2 of a thing of Pringles potato chips and pita chips...they were so yum..but oh so fattening! The thing that I found is that if I eat something like that before bed the morning sickness is not as bad.

Mochagirl
May 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I tend to gain a lot as well. I gained 75 lbs with my twins, though with them I was making a conscious effort to gain more weight since that's the recommendation for twins. With ds3 I think I gained maybe 45 lbs. With this pregnancy I piled on weight like crazy in the first trimester, but a lot of that had to do with how skinny I was - 20 lbs lighter than my 'normal' weight - because of the LE diet. I basically gained back that 20 lbs in the first 2 months of pregnancy! Now the weight's going on a lot more slowly, but I've already gained about 40 lbs and I'm only 24 weeks! Really, though, I'm only 20 lbs over what I consider to be my normal weight - the weight I am usually at when not following a diet.

auroara78
May 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I am the exception here I guess.

I was heavy when I concieved at around 205 lbs. During the 1st trimester I was turned off my faves like meat and chocolate and sweets, so I ate a lot of plain food and lost 10 lbs.

When I was weighed at my 22 week appt. I was 201 lbs, so I am still under what I was when I orginally got pregnant, though I *know* that now that my appetite is back, that I will at least gain 15 lbs. I gained 30 lbs exactly with both my boys. Was 150 lb was when preg with DS1, then 180 after I had him, dropped 10 lbs got pregnant again at 170, went up to 200 lbs, dropped 10 lbs when he was first born, but because of my sit down job I regained it, lost very few (5 lbs) when swaying, then lost more when newly pregnant.

NewYorkmom
May 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I too gain a lot of weight when pregnant. I gained 60lbs with my first, 45lbs with my second, and 40lbs with my third. Already with this pregnancy I've gained 10lbs and I'm only 13weeks. I always get comments like are you having twins when I'm only 7 months along. Pre-pregnancy, I weigh around 135lbs-140lbs and a size 6. It always takes me a year to loose all the weight. I never return to normal until I'm finished breastfeeding.

Journey2dFuture
May 30th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Speaking from my last weigh in which was 3 weeks ago At week 25 I had gained a total of 8lbs.
My next weigh in is on Friday at just shy of 29 weeks.

mydream
May 30th, 2012, 10:34 AM
How about symptoms ladies ? Did they come and go in the beginning.?
.like yesterday I was sick all day long..today not as much....some days are just worse than others.

pebmcpd7
May 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I have no M/S (yet), I am more tired though which is horrible when I have 6 more to run around after!!!

sunnylife
June 19th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I have only gained about 4 pounds so far at 11 weeks and 5 days. I lost two last time I went to the doc's office. I think that it's important for me to mention though that I'm starting off a little heavier at 5'6 180 pounds.

Mama2boys
June 24th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I think I gained 45 with #1 and 25 with #2. I've already gained 25 with this one and am only 24 weeks :(

Journey2dFuture
June 25th, 2012, 06:24 AM
32 weeks pregnant and I've gained 15lbs