PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Boy After Three Girls?

BoyDreaming
January 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I conceived DD1 on a miscarriage cycle. DD2 and DD3 both were Clomid babies. This little one was conceived while breastfeeding DD3 and on the mini pill. I know Clomid could've swayed DD2 and DD3 into being girls (if that makes sense).

What are my real chances of a boy with this baby given my scenario? My gender scan is on Saturday, but I'm just trying to prepare myself. I'm kinda scared either way, but I do find myself daydreaming about a baby boy so very much. Sometimes I think my chances of a boy are good and other times I feel hopeless.

Tweens&aBaby
January 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure but wanted to send you blue dust for Saturday!!!

nuthinbutpink
January 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Wow BF and the pill! Determined little one! Well, 50/50 pretty much each time. If you look at the odds of having 4 kids of all the same gender, there was an article written years ago in Chance magazine that analyzed a set of data that happened to contain gender data in it and they found that after 3 girls, the odds of having a boy were 52.7%(up from the 49% that is the usual girl stat).

The odds of having a family with 4 kids of the same gender from that data is 12.5% but when you look at each time, you go right back to the same 50/50 odds- but perhaps you have more of a chance at a boy according to that article! I hope you see blue!!

OneLastDream
January 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I am not sure but I hope you hear blue on Saturday - sending you all my blue dust!! x

Tinkerbelle
January 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Sending all my blue dust to you x

BoyDreaming
January 26th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Wow BF and the pill! Determined little one! Well, 50/50 pretty much each time. If you look at the odds of having 4 kids of all the same gender, there was an article written years ago in Chance magazine that analyzed a set of data that happened to contain gender data in it and they found that after 3 girls, the odds of having a boy were 52.7%(up from the 49% that is the usual girl stat).

The odds of having a family with 4 kids of the same gender from that data is 12.5% but when you look at each time, you go right back to the same 50/50 odds- but perhaps you have more of a chance at a boy according to that article! I hope you see blue!!

Yes, you could say the baby was determined to be! The doctors had told me I didn't even need BC because my hormone levels were so low, but I told them I'd feel better if I went on it. I'm pretty sure timing was right on for a boy and I had tons of CM that cycle. Not sure why. I'm thankful I didn't pay much attention to it and we have this one on the way, though!

Thanks for all the blue dust! I'm hoping it helps me on Saturday.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I conceived a beautiful baby boy while breastfeeding!!

I have read that the pill may up your odds of pink slightly, but there are so many other factors at play. It is NEVER hopeless. I read the same article as nuthinbutpink and statistically, having a boy after three girls IS more likely than 50-50 odds.

Sending you massive quantities of blue dust!!!

BoyDreaming
January 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the blue dust ladies!

Tomorrow is the day and I'm not to the point I'm kinda blah about it. DD1 is really worked up over the ultrasound. She wants us to have like 10 more kids. The more the merrier. She's really hoping for a baby brother and I hope if it is a girl she won't be disappointed.

nuthinbutpink
January 28th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I can't wait to see your update and please post when you know!!

BoyDreaming
January 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I can't wait to see your update and please post when you know!!

I will most definitely update you ladies tomorrow afternoon complete with ultrasound pictures. I don't have any real feelings of what the baby will be, but I'm not gonna be surprised at all if it's DD4 for us.

skrimpy
January 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm sending blue dust your sway!

sassafras
January 29th, 2011, 08:23 AM
good luck. Hope you hear blue!

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Good luck!

BoyDreaming
January 29th, 2011, 07:11 PM
We don't know anything for sure. We got boy shots and girly shots. I go back on Friday and can hopefully find out one way or the other. The baby was not cooperative at all. It did not like to open its legs. It had them shut down to the knees and would cross ankles. Ugh. So stubborn.

Anyways, here's the shots.

Girly
http://i56.tinypic.com/2hmonb9.jpg

Boy
http://i55.tinypic.com/11w8xzn.jpg

nuthinbutpink
January 29th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Well, the girl one looks girly and I can't really make out anything on the boy one so I am not sure! Sorry you didn't get 100% confirmation. Do you get another scan?

BoyDreaming
January 29th, 2011, 10:06 PM
The boy pic is the absolute worst one she could've picked to put on the cd. We saw several times what looked like a little fire hat between the legs. And we saw a bulge almost every time the baby moved. But some times the boy parts were MIA. One of the boy shots we saw was really convincing as it was very round and away from the body. And we saw what looked to be a penis close to one of the legs. My daughters were never this stubborn! We also caught the baby reaching and holding things down below. Lol.

I go back on Friday for a quick repeat scan. It won't be the full scan, but just to see if we can tell gender. If we see nothing then, I'll probably have to wait until my anatomy scan on the 16th as the lady at this place is moving out of state soon.

BoyDreaming
January 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Here's the link to the ultrasound video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv96rSVmdo

I've lost all hope of hearing blue. =(

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry - I am useless with ultrasounds but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck.

BoyDreaming
February 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry - I am useless with ultrasounds but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for your wishes! I'm feeling more and more hopeless that this one could possibly be a boy. I just want Friday to hurry along so I can put my suspicions to rest and start dealing with the GD I know is coming.

desperatefordresses
February 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
I cannot really read ultrasounds, either, but I hope you get the little boy you are longing for!

1pinkwish
February 3rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Good luck tomorrow!!! I'm one that has been told girl (@ 17 wks) and it turn out to be a boy, so I know it happens. But I say just go in to your u/s fresh and with no expectations, cause at this point you really don't know what it will be since you have been told both. I hate that they have put you in this limbo!! (((HUGS))) And lots of blue dust for you!!

BoyDreaming
February 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
It was confirmed to be a girl on Friday. I don't really think it will turn out to be a boy when I have my anatomy scan on the 16th.

nuthinbutpink
February 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm glad you came back and I hope you stay with us so we can be a support to you. Would love to hear names you have thought about and if you plan on redoing the nursery, etc. How are you doing?

BoyDreaming
February 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm actually fine with it... No GD whatsoever. I do plan on staying around. =) I'm just very glad she's healthy. The sonographer said she still couldn't guarantee 100% girl because the baby didn't really want to cooperate, but she would give me 95% girl.

We're not doing a nursery. The kids always co-sleep with me, so it's kinda pointless. I'm at a loss because I don't have anything to really buy. DD3 barely used her swing, so it's practically brand new. All I need is a cloth diaper stash (big enough for her and DD3), car seat, and an Arm's Reach co-sleeper and we'll be good to go. I can get most of that cheaper too right now at Babies R Us since they're having the trade in event.

nuthinbutpink
February 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I'm actually fine with it... No GD whatsoever. I do plan on staying around. =) I'm just very glad she's healthy. The sonographer said she still couldn't guarantee 100% girl because the baby didn't really want to cooperate, but she would give me 95% girl.

We're not doing a nursery. The kids always co-sleep with me, so it's kinda pointless. I'm at a loss because I don't have anything to really buy. DD3 barely used her swing, so it's practically brand new. All I need is a cloth diaper stash (big enough for her and DD3), car seat, and an Arm's Reach co-sleeper and we'll be good to go. I can get most of that cheaper too right now at Babies R Us since they're having the trade in event.

That's Great! Well, congratulations and I can't wait to follow you along!!

Any names yet?

BoyDreaming
February 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM
We have the anatomy scan next week on February 16th at 9 am. The sonographer told me she's really thinking girl, but it might be a surprise. We saw the "firehat" a couple of times and she said not every baby always shows the goods, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I'm actually excited about having another girl. I enjoy the girls so much, and all of them are girly girls. They enjoy having their hair done, having manicures and pedicures, pageants, gymnastics, everything. (They also enjoy softball/t-ball and soccer, so they're not 100% girly girls.)

I may go for a HT boy in a few years. I'm not really sure. I go back and forth on whether or not I really want a boy. If I do go HT, the only way I can rationalize it is if I went through egg donation to raise the money. That's another ethical dilemma and not something DH and I see eye to eye on. Then too, I worry about twins. Twins run in both of our families and I'm not sure if that would increase our chances, even if we only put one back. (They think this baby began as a twin and the SCH was actually a vanishing twin that never fully formed. I didn't understand all of it.) I also conceived triplets when we were doing the injections for DD1, but miscarried pretty quickly.

toffee-praying-for-a-son
March 3rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Congrats for a healthy baby girl.. It's great how well you are dealing with it. I wish I were like you. I love having girls and we have two girls. But I was still devastated when I heard that the one that I am carrying (due date is 04-Apr) is a girl(DD3) too.. :( We are planning to go for HT in this year itself..

I wish you all the very best in whatever you decide regarding going for HT..

Three Gorgeous Pickles
March 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Congratulations on your little girl.

lovehugs
April 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
I've been told that the more you have of one gender the odds go up that the next will be the same gender... don't know if there is any truth in that but I have 4 boys!