PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone Levels - strange question!!!

OneLastDream
January 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry for the strange question but if your testosterone levels have been lowered through the girl diet etc would you still get wound up by things or would you just be even keel all the time? I thought that I should be all even keel but I seem to have been in a bad mood this week and very tired and keeping repeating myself to the children is winding me up more than normal - does this mean my levels are rising? I wish there was a quick test!!! I am in the week before ovulation if this helps. Thanks!

lindi
January 26th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Maybe you're tired from low potassium and that is causing your bad mood? If so good sign! But are you aggressive or just cranky?

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Actually, LOW testosterone can cause depression, irritability and crabbiness too. I think it's the overall trend of lowering testosterone that counts, not something you really notice on a day to day basis.

I do get moody sometimes before ovulation as well.

OneLastDream
January 27th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Most of the time just cranky although at one point yesterday I felt a bit aggressive but on the whole I am more likely to burst into tears! Wonder what all that means??! On a normal cycle I get starving and moody on the week leading up to ovulation and also the week leading up to when my period starts! I was sort of hoping I would turn into this lovely calm wonderful person but so far apart from a week or two it hasn't happened!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I was calmer overall but me calmer is like Attila the Hun relaxing after dinner LOL. It was noticeable, but when people pushed my buttons, my underlying personality was still there and feisty as ever. It's not going to turn you into a totally different person.

I actually think it's a pretty good sign that hormonally, you're not in the same place you were before.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKRA68204720070606
http://www.livestrong.com/article/202616-the-effects-of-low-testosterone-in-women/

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I remember being very tired and weak while swaying for a girl. Probably had to do with lower T levels and also I wasn't eating that much at all! haha

OneLastDream
January 29th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I feel like that even to the point where I feel dizzy when I get up in the morning and absolutely no energy and want to go to bed early all the time!!!! Am glad I normally eat healthily! Did your sway work? X

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I don't know if babydust is around or not but YES her sway DID work! She did a great job of research ahead of time!

babydust
January 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
aw, thanks atomic! Yeah, I did a lot of research before hand and atomic and the other FL's at the time were a major help to me. I couldn't have done it without them. So with atomic here as mod on the gender swaying forum you are in GREAT hands. :)

What I tried to do is to have all of my research finished by the time I started swaying, so that when I started my sway (6 weeks before my attempt) I would be relaxed about it all. I wasn't able to follow every little thing that I had planned, but that's life right? And when swaying for a girl, not having stress is a big part of it.

Oh, and go ahead and get yourself a mani/pedi and mini massage while swaying and around O time, treat yourself a little and this also sways girl!! It was definitely my favorite part of the sway

OneLastDream
January 31st, 2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks! I am a beautician so am constantly painting everyones nails and have been trying to do mine either other night - I love my job its actually quite relaxing giving someone a facial!!! But I booked myself in for a facial the other day - it was bliss!!! I think I have all the details together - Atomic has been really really great - I was on IG beforehand and picked up loads of info from there - have been collating it all for about 4 or 5 months now! I think I am now going to stick where I am with it all unless something else weird happens as I actually feel quite relaxed about it all now - thanks to everyone on this site! Havent been relaxed before. Only thing I may do differently is to take B6 next month as my ovulation timing seems to be really late in the month and my cycles are lasting longer. Thank you everyone for your help xx

lindi
February 9th, 2011, 10:43 PM
You know, today is really the first day I feel relaxed about this. I am a LOT less anxious, and getting excited to make a baby. I feel like there is a certain level of understanding each person can get to -- getting there was a little intense for me, but once you *get* to where you have a handle on what you're doing, once you've absorbed it, and trust it, it's got a kind of nice feeling... and yes, the pampering is my favorite part too.

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
That is good lindi! I have found that I've actually ended up in a good place after all this, like just enough testosterone! I don't get quite as worked up over stuff as I once did.

lindi
February 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM
ha! yes... all the supplements I'm taking, the weird diet, I really feel much less obsessed about details- maybe my T has gone waaay down? I'm almost like- who really cares...seriously. I'm also much more patient inside. Traffic. 2 yr old testing me. It's nice. It could also be that I feel like I have a tiny cold that I can't shake so my energy is low.
This is ironic, too, because the HT is becoming more and more real. But I really don't care about researching that at all! Normally, dropping that many G's would cause me to really learn EVERYTHING. But I'm more like- oh, the doctor knows what to do. I'll just pick a nice doctor. So we'll see.

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I really do think the diet/supps have something to do with it though because I haven't been the same since I went on the diet. My chin hair going away being the most obvious thing, but I am a lot less intense than I used to be. The interesting thing was that during my pregnancy with DS 4 I was really in a bad place (not from GD, it was a high risk pregnancy) and I felt very much a victim of circumstance and more helpless than I've felt since I was in high school. This feeling lasted for a few months after I had him. But it's gone now - several pretty awful things have happened over the last few weeks and I'm still ok, I had an opportunity to go ballistic over a few things and I haven't really. So I kinda wonder if I have just enough T now. Or, maybe it's just experience catching up to me and making me less prone to freaking out and needing to be in control of every situation. Either way, I like it!!

lindi
February 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I really do think the diet/supps have something to do with it though because I haven't been the same since I went on the diet. My chin hair going away being the most obvious thing, but I am a lot less intense than I used to be. The interesting thing was that during my pregnancy with DS 4 I was really in a bad place (not from GD, it was a high risk pregnancy) and I felt very much a victim of circumstance and more helpless than I've felt since I was in high school. This feeling lasted for a few months after I had him. But it's gone now - several pretty awful things have happened over the last few weeks and I'm still ok, I had an opportunity to go ballistic over a few things and I haven't really. So I kinda wonder if I have just enough T now. Or, maybe it's just experience catching up to me and making me less prone to freaking out and needing to be in control of every situation. Either way, I like it!!

This sounds great. I can relate to the feeling like a victim of circumstance...there were periods of my life where I can see how testosterone might have caused some emotional difficulties. I really wish THATS what the doctor explained to me at the time instead of throwing BCPs at me and sending me on my way. But lower T also feels a little more like mellowing out which is caused by age and experience, so it is hard to say. I am sorry about whatever the challenges is that have come along recently... Life! Right?

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Exactly! I wonder how much is just that I'm getting older and more mellow and how much is the lower T. I didn't like the superlow T that I had when I was on the diet (I think that's what made me feel like a victim and out of control of my life) but it is nice to not get quite as worked up about things as I have previously.