PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Thread

Mochagirl
June 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM
I know a few of you were talking about starting a thread where we could predict the birth date, birth weight, etc. of our babies, so here you go!

I'm due September 15th. My twins were induced at almost 38 weeks, but ds3 was born the day before his due date. I predict little Sadie will be born on her due date (mainly because it's exactly a month before my birthday, and I think that's cool).

My other birth weights were:

DS1 (Twin A): 6lbs 1 oz
DS2 (Twin B): 7 lbs
(Keep in mind both of these were at 37W5D)
DS3: 8lbs 6oz

I think my Sadie will be 7lbs 6oz

Anyone else?

auroara78
June 1st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Since I still think I'll be forced into a C-section, I will need to pick a date for baby Lillian to be born.

Her due date is Sept. 16th, which is a Sunday. I would love to have her be born on Sept. 18th but I doubt they will let me go over if I have to do a scheduled c-section. They let you do sections one week before you're due, so what does everyone think would be a great date? Sept 10th-14th?

My 1st son was due on Oct 20th and came two days later on Oct 22 tho contractions with him came on his due date!

My 2nd son was due on April 30th and scheduled c-section one day before, on April 29th. I still wish now I had chosen April 28th because it would rhymed with my birthday some (April 8th) but my mom really wanted April 29th, so I tried to please her.

Mochagirl
June 1st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Why do you think you'll need a c-section - because you're a VBAC? You've only had one c-section, though, right? Your doctor won't let you consider a VBAC? I'm having my second VBAC for this little one!

auroara78
June 1st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Two sections, and there was only 8 months between this pregnancy and my last one, which makes me a horrible candiate for a VBAC. My Doctor pretty much said no unless this baby measures at only 6 lbs (he is willing to do a later ultrasound to check for weight) but I have an idea she will be 8-9 lbs and he won't let me try unless she's super small,and I grow them big, and that ain't going to happen.

I have called around some and most practices in Richmond aren't willing with pregnancies that close together. They would let me try if I had like 2 years + between pregancies.

Mochagirl
June 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Oh yes - I'd forgotten all that. I guess your doctor's caution makes sense, then.

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
I think let her bake as long as she can!!! I'd def. go with the 14th over the 10th just to make sure she's ready to be born.

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
I've gone 4-5 days over with all my boys but the first (and he was 1 day late) so I suspect I'll have my baby on Aug. 17. I can't shake the feeling that she'll come early though, I'm not sure why.

My boys range from 7-13 thru 8-9 so I think she'll weigh 7-10.

Mocha you did great growing yoru twins! They were big!!

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Oh yes - I'd forgotten all that. I guess your doctor's caution makes sense, then.

I totally agree - the only person I know who had a UR was trying for a VBAC but the pregnancy was only 6 months after the last one (and also a dog who my boss had given a TON of Pitocin to). I think VBAC's are really safe and awesome but it does make sense to go with a C-section when the pg are that close together! Good luck Auroara!!

Mochagirl
June 1st, 2012, 02:31 PM

Thanks - I definitely worked hard for it. I had reearched and found out lots of weight gain early on and a high protein diet up your chances of good birth weights for twins, so I watched my diet very carefully and made sure to eat LOTS of protein. I gained 75lbs and often had to eat even when it was absolutely the last thing I wanted to do, but it worked!!

zanacal
June 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
I've gone 4-5 days over with all my boys but the first (and he was 1 day late) so I suspect I'll have my baby on Aug. 17. I can't shake the feeling that she'll come early though, I'm not sure why.

My boys range from 7-13 thru 8-9 so I think she'll weigh 7-10.

I had a strong feeling that this little lady would be early too - I no longer trust my 'feelings'!! Perhaps it was just wishful thinking during that not so easy middle stage of pregnancy!

Mochagirl
June 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
Very true, Z - I know my prediction that my baby will be born on my due date is wishful thinking too! Although I've never gone overdue, I think my Mom did with every one of her 4 kids, so it wouldn't be a shocker if it happened to me!

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
I had a strong feeling that this little lady would be early too - I no longer trust my 'feelings'!! Perhaps it was just wishful thinking during that not so easy middle stage of pregnancy!

I agree, I put NO stock into feelings any more about anything!!!! :) I hope this is the end of the road for you Zana!

laughinglynxie
June 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
I have NO clue what to expect with this one. :)

DS1 had EDD of Nov. 16th and was born on Nov. 13th. He was 8lbs 7oz and 20 inches.

I keep having dreams that this one is a girl (which is apparently right so far, haha) and will be 3 weeks early. I certainly hope that's not the case...because I think 10-11-12 would be very fun. Or even 10-13-12 because it would be kinda like big brother. :)

TTC5
June 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM
I know a few of you were talking about starting a thread where we could predict the birth date, birth weight, etc. of our babies, so here you go!

I'm due September 15th. My twins were induced at almost 38 weeks, but ds3 was born the day before his due date. I predict little Sadie will be born on her due date (mainly because it's exactly a month before my birthday, and I think that's cool).

My other birth weights were:

DS1 (Twin A): 6lbs 1 oz
DS2 (Twin B): 7 lbs
(Keep in mind both of these were at 37W5D)
DS3: 8lbs 6oz

I think my Sadie will be 7lbs 6oz

Anyone else?

10th September and 7pd 6oz.

TTC5
June 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
My girls:
1st due date baby 9pd 11.5oz
2nd 37 weeks 7pd 14oz
3rd 36 weeks 7pd 6oz
4th 37 weeks 7pd 5oz

This boy is confirmed by scan to be measuring 4-5 weeks ahead of his age (and we know our dates). EDD 29 September. I have a feeling he will come late August to first week of September at the latest.

Hobbermittens
June 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I am due October 4th. I would be fine with the baby being born that exact day (as a friend pointed out, "10-4 good buddy", like how people talk on CB radios, is pretty funny for a birthday). But I kind of want the baby to come on October 1st, because I have one kid with a birthday on the first of a different month, and my other two were born on 24ths of different months, so I think it would be cool to have 2 firsts and 2 twenty-fourths. Plus, I think I will probably be induced--I live an hour from the hospital, and they induced me last time because they were afraid I wouldn't make it down to the hospital in time. I am sure with this being my 4th, they will want to do the same thing. So if the baby doesn't come early, I will ask to be induced the 30th (in the evening) or the 1st. (although if they would let me wait, and the baby was late, I would LOVE to have 10-11-12 baby.... but that would mean I would have to be very over due, which has never happened to me (everyone has been early). So, that said, my guess is:

October 1st
7 lbs 6 oz.

That's my guess!

auroara78
June 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Don't forget to include the gender, Hobber!!

BOY oct 1st 7lbs 6 oz :bigsmile:

Hobbermittens
June 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Don't forget to include the gender, Hobber!!

BOY oct 1st 7lbs 6 oz :bigsmile:

Ha ha!! I wonder who will be right about that--you or me? I still think it is a girl. (p.s. : I hope YOU are right, and I am wrong :) )

TTC5
June 5th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Hobber, I think you will have a BOY September 30th and 8pd 3 oz

Hobbermittens
June 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hobber, I think you will have a BOY September 30th and 8pd 3 oz

That sounds perfect to me!! I hope you are right!!

Indira
June 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
But I kind of want the baby to come on October 1st, because I have one kid with a birthday on the first of a different month, and my other two were born on 24ths of different months, so I think it would be cool to have 2 firsts and 2 twenty-fourths.

That would be so cool!

My guess for me:
28th July 3,5 kilo´s that would be 7 pd 7 oz i think

DS1 was 7 pd 7 oz and born 41+1
DS2 was 8 pd 3 oz and born 39+6

At 30 weeks this baby wasn´t measuring ahead, I was really happy about that, hoping it will be a not too big baby at birth.

Mochagirl
September 9th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Just revisiting this thread for fun since some of us have started having your babies.

Auroara was off since she didn't expect to go into labour before having her c-section (and 2 weeks early at that!).

TTC5 was right about her little guy coming end of August/beginning of September, though!

Hobbermittens
September 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
You are next Mocha! I wonder when your labor will start....?

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:20 AM
My girls:
1st due date baby 9pd 11.5oz
2nd 37 weeks 7pd 14oz
3rd 36 weeks 7pd 6oz
4th 37 weeks 7pd 5oz

This boy is confirmed by scan to be measuring 4-5 weeks ahead of his age (and we know our dates). EDD 29 September. I have a feeling he will come late August to first week of September at the latest.

Well I was right lol he came September 2nd :)