PDA

View Full Version : Just a Rant!

mis2ninos
June 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Just like the title says just a rant! Everyone that surrounds me are perfect pigeon pairs and my husbands best friend just found out yesterday he is now having a girl after having a boy first. My sister in law just had a boy after her girl, my cousin just had her boy after a girl, and a coworker had a girl after a boy. This all happened in the last year! I'm happy for them but it just makes me feel frustrated because I have so much pressure to produce a girl for my husband. My SIL always talks about us having a girl, she was just talking about it yesterday.

OH and one more thing to add to the rant! People on FB that post when they learn when someone is having a girl, "Oh congratulations, girls are so much fun!!" or other similar equally stupid things.

Rant over.

dloui128
June 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
rant all you want, thats what we are here for :)

In my family there are all girls, so I feel the pressure to have a boy

mis2ninos
June 5th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I hope you get your little man I sure know how you feel!

alreadyneedivf
June 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM
sorry you feel this way! the only thing I'll say about Facebook is that whenever someone is having a boy or a girl everyone always posts how wonderful a boy or girl is--at least in my circle of friends!

Eyefrog
June 11th, 2012, 11:50 PM
you know it gets worse, we are forever asked dumb questions or get ridiculous comments. We actually haven't tried for any specific gender ever but we get..are you going until you get a girl....still trying to get that girl....don't you know the girl batter yet....better yet is when you tell someone you have another baby of the same gender and they seem all disappointed, like it somehow effects their lives. its gotten so we only tell our immediate family when we are expecting now. We would have a large family even if we had equal #'s of both genders. I am here now but haven't decided if we are going to try to "sway" or not, but the information is definately interesting. I totally understand where you are coming from. :)

MatildaMai
June 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Me too! I am 15wks with a HT DD and people are just starting to notice I'm pregnant and every time I set foot outside my door (especially when I am with my 4yo twin boys) someone asks "oh so you're going for a girl then"? This morning it was the dry cleaner!

Am dreading going out and about with my stepsons when they come for school holidays in a couple weeks. With 4 boys in tow the comments are going to come thick and fast! And even though I know I put an XX in I'm going to be saying "Another gorgeous boy like the 4 we already have would be lovely" because our boys are fabulous and I would hate for them to think otherwise.

jils04
June 12th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Me too! I am 15wks with a HT DD and people are just starting to notice I'm pregnant and every time I set foot outside my door (especially when I am with my 4yo twin boys) someone asks "oh so you're going for a girl then"? This morning it was the dry cleaner!

Am dreading going out and about with my stepsons when they come for school holidays in a couple weeks. With 4 boys in tow the comments are going to come thick and fast! And even though I know I put an XX in I'm going to be saying "Another gorgeous boy like the 4 we already have would be lovely" because our boys are fabulous and I would hate for them to think otherwise.

Yes, even though you are pregnant with your HT DG, we still get angry for our other children and peoples thoughtless comments. Too true. You feel like saying, no, another girl/boy would just great thanks LOL !

ThroughWithBlue
June 12th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I totally understand, I feel this way too. Whenever anyone says they are having a girl it's always some great encouraging comment. With my 2DS it would be either an Oh...... or well maybe next time! I don't do Facebook, seems too drama-ridden for my tastes but IRL I see it all the time. I love my boys and if I could go back I would have them BOTH all over again. I would hate for them to hear somebody say something like that around them when they could understand. When they get older, I'm not sure what my response will be.