PDA

View Full Version : June Chatter

Mochagirl
June 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hey ladies - since it's a new month now and you've all had your babies, maybe it's time for a new thread. I hope you're all enjoying lots of cuddles with your new little ones. I can't believe in 3 months or so I'm going to have one too! All these pictures of newborns has made me even more excited about having one again. At the same time I'm going to try to savour these last few months of pregnancy since this is definitely the last one. Ha - see if I'm still savouring it when the late summer humidity hits and I'm wallowing around my un-air-conditioned house with a gigantic belly! :bigsmile:

lobella2
June 5th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Congrats Dannikans! Somehow I missed it on Facebook. I will have to go check now:)

Myloves
June 6th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Congrats dannikins!! I knew it was going to be a girl :o. Bet it was the biggest shock of your life!

Mochagirl
June 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I'll bet waiting for find out was all worth it when she heard the words 'It's a girl!'.

Glittergirl
June 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Congrats to Z and Dannikins--stalked their FB pages forever. So Mocha are you next? I love love love seeing all the baby pics everyone is posting. I too am sad this was our last, the thought of never being pregnant makes me so sad. We haven't done anything permanent but I just need to focus on the babies I have--plus, I'm getting old :) . I don't think I can handle anymore. I'm so glad I cherished every last moment of my pregnancy. If any of you wanna stay in touch on Fb just pm me, I come on here a lot less lately but I still check in and see how you all are doing!

Mochagirl
June 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I guess I'm next, but it's gonna be a long wait since I'm not due until September! :bigsmile:

DoulaMama
June 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Yay Mocha!! It's going to go by so quickly! Before you know it your little peanut will be here!!

GG- I feel the same way- I'm so sad that we're done:( I have to remind myself that this was a really great birth and healthy pregnancy to end on and be thankful for the amazing children I have :HH: It's just a bit scary to move on with life when I've spent the last 7 years being pregnant or nursing. I feel like its going to take me quite some time to get used to this new stage.

And I can't lie...I secretly hope his vas fails and we get an oops in a year or two;) lol!
Speaking of vas's...when do guys think your hubby's will get it done?

zanacal
June 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Congratulations Dannikins! I have no idea whether I've said that already because I'm in a baby fog but I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear from you when you're up to it :D

I saw your bump pic on another thread Mocha and you're looking great! I can't wait to see your darling girl in September :D

We're doing ok, I just wish I felt less drained! I have times during the day when I feel pretty good and others where I'm either crippled over with afterpains (although thankfully they're getting less now!) or my whole body just aches. I know it's quite something that my body has done - it's taken 9 months to grow big with my baby and now has to shrink back to normal (at least inside!) in such a short timeframe. My poor insides are obviously just feeling a little battered! I had to get DH to carry Eliza upstairs for me earlier because I felt weak and I was worried about dropping her.

She is just adorable though! Every time I look at her I can't believe a person can be so small and so perfect - and that scares me a little too because she's so precious! She's feeding well, just like her brothers did, settling well between while and has lost hardly any of her birth weight. She gets cuddled the whole day through - one of the advantages of not being up to doing much else is that I get to sit on the sofa with the baby in my lap the whole time!

Mochagirl
June 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry you're feeling so drained, Z, bit you DID have a baby - what - 5 days ago?? I'd almost forgotten about those after pains. I remember the terror of my first postpartum bowel movement - every time I tried to push, I got a heart-stopping afterpain. I hope you feel better soon.

Glittergirl
June 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah Z, be kind to yourself and just sit on the couch and enjoy your baby :) as for the big V, DM, well, we haven't talked much about it yet. I know I would be kinda sad if he got it done but it's probably the best choice for us cause I really don't want another baby (my heart says YES but my logical mind says NO ) DH isn't horribly opposed to another, but he's 9 years older than me so he jokes that he doesn't wanna be 65 with a kid in high school LOL so that's his reasoning behind not having anymore. Anyone else's dh going in for the big V? Mocha--Sept will be here in no time, I have several friends due in Aug or Sept--Come to think of it, I think 2012 is a big year of babies for most people in my life. So many babies born to friends and family this year!

pinkin2011
June 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mocha you pretty much only have 14 weeks to go!! That is not long at all when you look at 40 weeks is it!! It will fly by!

dannikins
June 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
thanks everyone, its totally amazing...:)
sasha Maree was born on the 5th of june at 1.35 pm.
7 pound 10 ounces, 54 cm long, with a 33 cm head, she is tall and skinny.

went in for my check up on monday, my due date, and my BP was up, 130/90, usually its only 110/60, and i had been having migraines all week, so they kept me in and done bloods, urines and NSTs, after 6 hours they rulled out pre E, and decided they would do a stretch and sweep, and then if i hadnt had bub by thursday, they would organise an induction.

when she done the internal to do the S&S, she found i was already 4cm dialated and super stretchy.
so this changed their plans.
they decided with my history of fast delivery, pp bleeding, and my increased BP, that they would keep me over night and break my water in the morning, since i was already half dialated, they didnt want to risk me going into labour at home and wanted to keep everything in a controlled environment.
so i went home got my stuff and hubby drove me back in.

i have never felt so looked after, they had one OB and 3 midwives with me the entire time, all 100% dedicated to me, and they were all really lovely ladies.
they took me to L&D at 10am and broke my waters, hooked up an IV, and pumped some fluids in.
after an hour i was still not contracting, so they decided to give me cintocin to get the contractions going.
started the dosage at 6, then after an hour still nothing, they upped it to 12.
after about 1/2 hour at 12 i started to get some niggles, but nothing major, so they upped it to 18.
i really dont like 18!!!!
once it kicked in it was basically one long, non stop contraction, it started so suddenly, and was easily the worst pain ever experienced.
but it was also very quick!
within 20 mins i was pushing.

2 pushes for her head, and one big push for the rest of her..
she had a very short cord, so they couldnt put her on my chest until after it was cut.
they never told me the gender, they all knew that we already had 4 boys, they just handed her to me and let me find out for myself.
i bawled my eyes out! even now while i type this i get teary from the fact i now have a daughter.
its just so amazing, and she has completed my whole world.
she started nursing straight away, and is a boobing machine...:)

anyway, back to the birth.....
because of my history of PP bleed, they had a pretty extensive plan in place.
as soon as her head was out they gave me the needle in my leg, then once she was fully delivered they gave me 4 supositories, and also started me back on low dosage cintocin for 6 hours.
they wanted the placenta delivered quickly, so if i hadnt passed it with in 30 mins they were planning on taking me to surgery to remove it.

thankfully after about 15 -20 mins, they got me to push again and it came out perfectly, membranes included.

no pp bleeding this time, so it all worked!

she is perfect! and already the most spoilt little girl in the world, we had so many visitors, all with arm loads of pink stuff, i wont need to buy her any clothes for 6 months... not that it means i wont...lol...
she has a very proud daddy, and 4 big brothers that love her to bits already.
and i cant even describe how im feeling...
i can now safely say im done, hubby is going to get the snip.
i have my little girl....:) and i have no intention whatsoever to go through that again....

anyway, my quick update has turned quite long....lol... ill add some pics later today once i download them from the camera...:)

Mochagirl
June 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Danni - great birth story - thanks for updating. I had been stalking your FB page and when I saw that it was a girl I was soooooooo thrilled for you. Great name too!

Myloves
June 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Congrats Danni!! I guess your feelings of having a girl were right! Enjoy her :o

zanacal
June 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM
It's great to hear you sounding so elated Danni! Congratulations again, it must have been so amazing when you found out she was a girl :D

dannikins
June 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM
i hope these links work,
a few pics...:)

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/471025_3591552622232_1073054469_o.jpg
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/459711_3591561582456_1444323606_o.jpg
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/460723_3591576102819_2010568180_o.jpg
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/467591_3591571582706_247127408_o.jpg
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/475729_3591610623682_1533096856_o.jpg
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/459183_3591582262973_1327218735_o.jpg

PeonyPrincess
June 9th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Dannikins!! I am so thrilled I saw this thread. Congratulations on your totally adorable girl! Sasha looks just perfect and reading your story made me well up with happy tears for you. Enjoy every minute. Peony x

lobella2
June 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Dannikans what a great birth story. I always wanted to be able to have a surprise at birth but I am way too impatient and I am a total planner it would drive me nuts not knowing:)

I don't know when my husband will get snipped. We haven't talked about it. I know I am done but I am already getting sad as Lily gets bigger. Part of me wants another but my husband is not willing and I don't think I could handle four anyway. He will probably get fixed in a few years is my guess.

dannikins
June 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
thanks everyone.
it is sooooo amazing.
i knew i really wanted a girl, but i didnt realise how badly i wanted her until she was born, and i seen she was a girl.
i have never cried like that before. and its almost a week since she was born and i still well up when i think about it.
its nice to have that hole filled...:)

Glittergirl
June 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Danni what a great birth story--I welled up with tears when I read that they let you find out for yourself! So happy for you!

DoulaMama
June 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I love all the pics on FB Danni:) Sasha is GORGEOUS!!!

DoulaMama
June 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM
And can I just say "ARGH!!!!!"

Got my period today....mega cramps and all. I made it a whopping 7 weeks PP before getting it...and 5 of that included PP bleeding...not impressed. And slightly terrified that I could be fertile now...Don't let me down now, condoms!!!

zanacal
June 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM
DM - my periods always come back really quickly too, although I think 9 weeks was my earliest! I always say it's because I'm made to make babies .... but no more thank you!

I've logged on to post about my headaches to see if anybody's ever experienced anything similar. I can't remember exactly when they started but probably in the first week after I gave birth and I have a headache literally every day. Sometimes it's worse than others. Sometimes I need painkillers and sometimes I'm just aware that my head feels tight or I get a quick flash of pain in a spot on my head. My midwife checked my blood pressure yesterday and it was really low even for me - something like 107/58, which might explain why I also feel light headed sometimes! I will of course go to the doctor if it doesn't improve but I'm thinking maybe it's hormonal.

lobella2
June 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Z - Sorry about your headaches:( I hope you figure it out and they get better. I responded to your other post about it. I get them when I don't drink enough water. It has gotten a lot better lately, but was really bad the first month.

DM - I have never gotten my periods back until I am done breastfeeding. I guess I am lucky. With DD1 I had to take something to get them to start again. I am on the mini pill. I wonder if that affects my period?

Glittergirl
June 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I never get my period while breast feeding, well it actually comes on lightly once baby is eating regular meals like 15 months old, but then again i breast feed for about 18 months or so. Its great not to have periods, but I also have NO sex drive--poor Dh, it's like a chore for me and I find every excuse LOL. Hey Z maybe i should use headache excuse. Z, it very well may be dehydration from nursing but I did get headaches and it was hormonal. Not as painful as you've expressed but they lasted a few weeks after labor. they would come on sporadically and I wasn't sure if it was the lack of caffeine or sleep or what and many friends suggested it was hormonal. If they last, see your doctor but hoping it's nothing!

Glittergirl
June 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
by the way--can't really ask on Fb but is everyone using a sure method birthcontrol? I have always relied on breastfeeding to be my BC but I wasn't opposed to getting pregnant again. this time I do NOT want to get pregnant (maybe a small part of my heart wouldn't mind but we are DEFINITELY done). I have like no options--the pill makes me nauseated, fat and emotional--I'm allergic to latex condoms, IUD is too invasive for my liking, I really don't want any kind of hormones (i.e. nuva ring)especially since I'm nursing. I think DH just needs to get snipped--AGH! This becomes a sore subject at home!! After all I have been through giving birth 4X--it's the least he can do!!!

zanacal
June 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I don't know what we'll do Glittergirl. I know our family is complete but, on the other hand, I don't like to close the door completely. I've no idea why as we really are done. I mentioned to DH about getting the snip and he said (this is so funny!) that he kind of feels that if he gets that done his body might think 'that's it' and he'll start to move towards death (or something along those lines). Men!! I expect we'll be using condoms for a while until we decide what else we're going to do. I had the Mirena coil before we ttc Eliza and it was great for about a year and then I started bleeding really randomly, which wasn't so great! Years ago I had the depo provera injection and exactly the same - I had no periods for a year and then the random bleeding and cramping started. DH and I haven't DTD yet (it's been just over 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding on and off) but there has been fooling around. This is, no doubt, too much information but when I had the big O I had what I think they call a thunderclap headache - in that it started suddenly at the crucial moment and only lasted a couple of seconds. I wonder whether that backs up the hormonal theory or not?!!

Do your babies still stay downstairs with you during the evenings or do they have an early bedtime? My boys all started going to bed for the night at 6/7pm at around 2 weeks but I can't bring myself to have Eliza anywhere but with me! The problem is that she's struggling to settle in the evenings down here with me and I know she'd actually rest better in her own bed (she LOVES the hammock!) and I wonder if I'm being selfish - and also whether it's unfair on the boys because I can't dedicate any time to them as I'm always holding Eliza and she's always needing something!

DoulaMama
June 20th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Oh Z.....the headaches were BAD after this birth....like REAL BAD. I took tylenol daily for 2 weeks from 1week PP to week 3-4 PP. I checked my BP too but it was really low. I drank more which helped to relieve them a bit but I really think it was hormonal. I never had this after my boys at all. I was a little freaked out to be honest. They've totally gone now and I feel fine. I seriously thought that maybe I was going to have a stroke...or that maybe I had a tumor in my brain...yes, I'm a hypochondriac....
I hope they go away soon. You're probably completely fine :) xoxo

BC- I think hubby is getting the big V sometime after Fina is 6m old. I have many friends who's hubby's have gone that route and they've all talked to my hubby and let him know how simple and easy it was. I think it helps him some:)
I too will not take bc pills(read Suzanne Somers book on hormones....you won't touch them again...yikes) and an IUD is totally not my thing so its either condoms(the expensive non latex ones as I too am allergic to latex) or Big V. I will not get my tubes tied....I birthed 4 babies, had 10 stitches in my labia after DS1 was born, and had crazy back/pubic pain for months during this last pregnancy....I'm afraid we'd have no sex at all, ever again, if my hubby didn't step up and take one for team;)
Just tell him...it's either a bit of swelling and pain for 2 days...or another mouth to feed...lol!

So....we DTD 2 weeks ago for the first time....lets just say I hope things start to tighten up soon...lol! I almost asked if it was in!!!! :rofl:

Mochagirl
June 20th, 2012, 03:57 PM
With my twins I got my period after 8 months, but with ds3 it was 6 weeks, even though I was exclusively BFing!!! So unfair!

Sorry about the headaches, Z - that really sucks. I think I always kept my babies downstairs with me until I went to bed. I kept s playpen in the living room that I could lay them in if they didn't want to be held.

Glittergirl
June 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
yeah the snip does seem so permanent, it's just so final :nails:! Maybe I'll be lucky and go through early menopause haha I'm 36. Dm--I think I should look into non-latex condoms...we always did pull out but there is room for error with that :rofl:
Z I cosleep with EvaLili and did so with all the boys so she pretty much goes to sleep when I do then wakes with me. the kids are off from school for the summer and DS3 has been sleeping with his brothers in their room and they have been going to bed super late and waking up late too. that will change soon since we have year-round school and they start up again late July. their normal bed time is 8:30. We are kinda funny cause we are a family of 6 living in two bedrooms. We have 3 spare rooms upstairs and none of the kids are ready for their own room or to be upstairs alone. DH thinks we shouldn't push them and I agree since they are little only once. It kinda makes them close when they share the one room like that :fight:. I'm sure my 10 year old will want to get away from his little brothers soon though!

dannikins
June 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM
DM i had the migraines after her birth too, for 2 weeks, its only been the last couple days they are gone.
must be a girl pregnancy thing, the different hormones.

princesssarah34
June 23rd, 2012, 01:03 AM
Wow ladies...I didn't realize that it has been a little while since I checked in!
Things have been so crazy here though. Benjamin is doing very well and sleeps really
well most nights! Today he has been fussy and hasn't had a good nap since this morning.
He will sleep as long as you hold him but as soon as you put him down boom wide awake and fussy!
Right now dad is on duty and he must be sleeping as he is being very quiet.
Well Monday is the day....the factory is closing the doors for good.....I have been very sad about it all. I am not sure how I will handle it once it is all said and done...but it is what it is!:sad:

Glitter Gal.....I don't like using the pill or anything with hormones either...we have used the VCF film for a few years now. Birth Control and Contraceptives (http://vcfcontraceptive.com/)
I like it cause it is super easy, no mess, and it help lubricate with out being sticky or messy.
But the one upside about closing the factory doors is not having to worry about using any birth control what so ever......especially on those spur of the moments times! :wink: :oops:

Z....sorry to hear about the headaches. I know how miserable they can be....I have been having some myself the last few weeks...they come and go. I think they are hormones too!

zanacal
June 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Oh ladies, I'm so relieved to hear that some of you experienced headaches too (not that I'd wish them on you but ykwim!). I find it hard knowing what I should worry about and what I shouldn't worry about because I know my anxiety gets the better of me sometimes (DM - I'm just like you and have also been worried about tumours and strokes!!) so there's always a little voice in my head telling me not to be so silly and dramatic - and the other one telling me I shouldn't ignore it just in case! I have been feeling a lot better but I get the odd twinge in my head which comes and goes just as quickly, usually towards the end of the day! I'm keeping an eye on it for now.

It was DS3's birthday party at a soft play centre today and Eliza was kind enough to sleep for the entire thing. I got her up and fed her before we drove home and she was grizzly in the car. Apparently it's not ok to leave a baby's nappy on for 5 hours because when she poos it'll go all up her back and down her legs and that will bug her when she's sat in it in the car! This is my 4th baby - how did it not even occur to me to change her nappy?! At least she was fed!

Glittergirl
June 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Glitter Gal.....I don't like using the pill or anything with hormones either...we have used the VCF film for a few years now. Birth Control and Contraceptives (http://vcfcontraceptive.com/)
I like it cause it is super easy, no mess, and it help lubricate with out being sticky or messy.
But the one upside about closing the factory doors is not having to worry about using any birth control what so ever......especially on those spur of the moments times! :wink: :oops:

oh I will have to look into that...I know what you mean about being sad--I know if we do something permanent--well if DH does something permanent (:mad:I am done doing anything--it's all him now!!!!) part of me will be sad:sad:

Glad to see you back on here Princess--thanks for the advice!

Glittergirl
June 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Last night the kids all finally went to bed at a reasonable time (they have been staying up late since they are on summer break) and the baby was asleep soundly in our bed...so we thought maybe we can have some alone time! All three boys were in the downstairs bedroom and we didn't want to wake baby in our room (this has happened a few times where we finally got the boys to sleep then she wakes up) so we thought lets go upstairs to DS1 room--the one he never sleeps in (long story, basically he still wants to sleep with his brothers near our room--too scared to be upstairs alone). Lets just say, it was nice to get away from the kids but definitely NOT romantic. We had to walk over a huge Lego City he built....airplane mobile above our heads....and the baby monitor on full blast as I was afraid we would miss hearing her cry downstairs, so instead I heard every cough, fart, and movement she made in our room!!! DH even wanted to make room completely dark cause he didn't want to look at any of the toys around him! Well--at least it was nice to "getaway" even though i would have preferred our own bed :)

princesssarah34
June 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Well today is the day I have been dreading! Even though I know that this is for the best....it is really not something I really want to do deep do inside. My oldest boy told me last night that he would get a job so we could have another baby...which I had to tell him it is not that simple. He wants a sister so bad! Even DS#2 keeps saying "but I need a sister so bad"....these boys sure aren't making this decision any easier! Oh well Benjamin is our last baby and I have to come to terms with that.

auroara78
June 25th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Oh, Sarah, I can only imagine how that feels...I hope today goes well for you, I'm thinking of you :bighug:

Glitter, the other night my DH and I were in the middle of sex when DS1 tried to open the door to our room! (our house doesn't have locks on the bedrooms for some reason!) and wow did my DH tell him in a very stern voice NOT to come in! Then he told us he felt he was "dying" I suppose he had a bad dream, and I was amazed and shocked that hubby who has a low sex drive to begin with, managed to continue! I just wanted to stop and be done and soothe DS1 (long story short: I thought I wanted sex because of pg hormones but lately DH has been too much into sex and it's not real comfortable for me.)

zanacal
June 25th, 2012, 12:24 PM
{hugs} Sarah. My eldest talks about our next baby too and I have to tell him there will be no more but he's not convinced! DH and I definitely don't want more but then I have crazy thoughts - like what if we won the lottery, perhaps I would have a couple more then!! By the way, we don't even do the lottery :D

Ugh, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and DTD soon. I still have some blood loss but not really enough to prevent it (though I don't tell DH that!). The first time is so nerve wracking! DM - I cracked up at your description, perhaps I won't even feel it either!!

I actually had a good day today. The school run was fine (DS3 is back in his pushchair for now!), I did lots of housework (though moving furniture around probably wasn't the best idea!) and all is calm (though DS1 and DS2 have been on their DS's for rather a long time!). Eliza is fast asleep while I'm cooking dinner because I've turned our rather loud cooker hood on and she loves white noise! I haven't put the washing away or done the online food shop yet but not too bad overall :D

Glittergirl
June 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM
HUGS Sarah--I hope everything goes well. I'm sure it doesn't help when the kids want another baby so badly. I'm so stuck and torn too but it's not like Dh is in a hurry to get snipped but deep down I am SO DONE. I don't think I can be a good mommy to more kids. I'm already spread thin as it is and I spend so much time making sure they each have alone time with me, I've abandoned Dh--who totally understands and deserves a medal for being patient--and myself, I work out 3 nights a week to keep in shape and that's it. I don't even see friends or shop or doing anything for myself. I hope you and the kids will be at peace with the decision.
Aurora, I think that's funny about your DS almost walking in...I can totally relate. I'm surprised he listened and didn't come in...mine would probably pop that door open anyway. Time to get do-it-yourself locks:)

Glittergirl
June 25th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Z I think it was like 2 months before we even tried to DTD! I'm always so scared thinking it may hurt:nails:, half the time I'm just so dry from nursing--sorry TMI so it does hurt! I would definitely use the bleeding excuse as Long as I could:rofl:...then I used the "I haven't gone for my postpartum check up yet excuse....(I actually haven't gone yet....there's just no time)!!!

Mochagirl
June 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I always make dh wait at least 6 months post-baby to dtd. Honestly, with the breastfeeding and the sleep deprivation, sex is the LAST thing on my mind. Poor guy - we don't tend to dtd much if at all while I'm pregnant either, so he has QUITE a dry spell to put up with.

Princess - hugs for your tough decision. I know I am done after this baby - I'm sure if it had been a boy a small part of me would have wanted to keep trying, but we're stretched way too thin with our finances already, and so #4 would have been it whether it was a boy or girl. Honestly, even trying for this baby put a lot of stress on my relationship with dh who didn't want another baby, so going for #5 might have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

princesssarah34
June 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Thank you all for the word of comfort! I knew you all would understand...most of my friends and family understand too...but not is the respect you all do. I was extremely sore and slept all day yesterday. Today I am feel much better....yesterday I was taking the strong meds codine and today just some regular Ibpurofen. So the deed is done......as much as I would have loved another baby boy or girl.....I hated being pregnant!! And money wise we are struggling now so more babies would have been a bad idea. Oh well so is life.....things are so crazy here that more babies would have made it much harder to focus on the other kids.
Right now I am dealing with DS1's father(not my hubby now) trying to persuade our son to live with him....telling him he needs to grow up etc etc. This man has not been a dad for over 10yrs.....he calls to have his visits with him when he can or has the time to...basicly when it is convent for him to....and he has been telling our son that he has to be a certain person or do things he doesn't want to etc etc. The man is a a** when it comes to raising a child. He doesn't like who his son is and wants to make him change. And everytime DS1 stands up for himself his dad tells him he is full of bullsh**.....which makes me so mad. I am trying to be calm and let our son decided but in the end I will not allow him to just live with his dad....if his dad really wants him than he can go back to court and have the order changed....and a judge can see for himself that he is persuading his son....and the judge can decide if he should live with dad. But if his dad thinks I am just gonna lay down and let him go live somewhere else....if ha a rude wake up call coming!!
Sorry I needed to vent a little....my son just told me this last night his dad called him and my son is thinking about it! GGRR

Glittergirl
June 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Wow Sarah I don't know what I would do--I can't imagine any of my kids moving away. The way you described his dad,
i really don't think he will want to live with him... he sounds like a total jerk! Your son may feel some pressure from his dad, maybe he doesn't want to disappoint him, but in the end he will want to stay with you. Good for you for standing your ground--he should have to go to court to get him! My SIL went through the same thing and now that her daughter is a teenager she "threatens" to go live with her dad whenever she and her mom disagree, but in the end she can't stand her dad and sees right through him. He also only spends time when it's convenient for him and misses so many important events! (((HUGS)))

princesssarah34
June 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks GL......sorry to just go off like that on here especially! It was one of those days I guess. And I know it is all talk when it comes down to it.....my oldest is just as big a momma's boy as his little brothers are! It just bugs me to no end the things his father tells him and tries to pull. Oh well the joys of being a mom to a teenager! Ugh!

lobella2
June 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I have been out of town so I havn't been on for a while. Princess sorry to hear about all you are going through. I know that I am done, but I am not yet ready to make it final. Even though I am sure I am done part of me wants to leave room for an accident;) But I really don't think 4 kids would be for me.

Mocha I am the same as you. We harldy dtd while pregnant. The few times we have tried in the past it was just too awkward:) We also don't dtd much while I am nursing. We havn't dtd yet and my little one is 2 months old. I am so not looking forward to that first time.

Well Lily has been going to bed a little later lately so she hasn't been waking up until 3. And then she eats at 6 and goes back to sleep. It has been so nice not having to wake up at 1. We shall see how long that lasts. I am starting to get sad. I only have one month before I have to go back to work. I start back on July 30. It is so hard to leave a baby with a babysitter. I am trying to enjoy my last month, but everyday I think about how soon I go back. I wish I could stay home with her. I feel like she is going to grow up so fast and I am going to miss so much of it and she is my last. I know it will get easier after a few weeks back at work, it did with the other two, but she and I have a much stronger attachment than I did this early on with the other two. We visit our new day care provider on Tuesday. Our old one retired last year.

Mochagirl
June 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I feel for all you mamas who have to go back to work and leave your little ones. I'm a SAHM, so it's not an issue for me, but even if I did work we have a 1 year maternity leave here in Canada, so moms don't have to leave their babies when they're too teeny. I think it's one of the reasons why nursing to at least a year is so common here.

lobella2
June 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
A one year maternity leave would be wonderful! I will be pumping at work like I did with my other 2 so at least I can continue nursing:)

dannikins
June 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM
i couldnt go back to work, i have tried and its too hard, i just cant to it, and i have serious trust issues as far as my kids are concerned.

here are a few more pics...:)
taken thismorning. 3 weeks 5 days
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/291578_3680243959460_2046735321_o.jpg

yesterday, finally caught some smiles...:)
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/474605_3680090875633_1375266239_o.jpg
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Wall%20Photos/169355_3680069435097_1792220200_o.jpg

Glittergirl
July 2nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wow a 1 year maternity leave?? That is So wonderful--wish it was as progressive here. I stay at home as well. I'm a speech language pathologist so i work with delayed children ages birth to 3. I do therapy in their homes and I just now started taking on new patients, but i only work saturdays so that my husband is home with the kids. I too have major trust issues with anyone watching the kids. I do think it's wonderful for those who find perfect caregivers for their kids. I always hear about great nannies and sitters. We rely on family once in a blue moon if we want to go out but that's rare these days. hard to find time and someone who can watch 4 kids at once! Just enjoy your time with her Lobella...you're right they grow up so fast and i just take in every minute I can!!! When my 10 year old wants us to play with him or take him to the movies, we cherish those times and hang out with him as much as we can. we remind ourselves that in a few years he wont want us to take him to the movies or the park--instead he'll want to be with his friends :(

princesssarah34
July 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Hey ladies....come join us over in the new forum! Birth clubs!