PDA

View Full Version : American Idol and the girl with the tramatic brain injury

nuthinbutpink
January 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Did anyone see Idol last night? The last guy with the fiancee with the tramatic brain injury 2 months before they are supposed to get married? I wept watching it and thought 1. how nice he is to stick by her but then after I had time to think what it must be like for him...I think it happened when he was 24- I think the girl's mom should tell him to move on.

I know it is uber loyal, nice, caring, etc to stay with her but he is 26. She doesn't seem like she will recover much beyond where she is now since it has been 2 years and she clearly looks like her brain is and will always be affected.

I just don't think that it is fair that he should have to care for her the rest of her life and the girl's mom should tell him to go. I know he might not be able to walk away on his own without feeling like a total jerk, but if that were me in that girl's shoes at 24, there is no way I would have wanted my fiancee to stop his life and have to care for me in that state for the rest of mine.

It's just awful what happened, but I felt so bad for him. Yes, she is the one that is devestated the rest of her life and that is just tragic, but what's worse? The boyfriend tied to her the rest of his life with no chance at any type of normalcy, children, etc and being an able-bodied person capabale of all those things...of course her outcome is much worse but going forward?

It just seems like they have taken one tragedy and now there's two tragedies being played out- now on TV.

Bee Shine
January 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elaXeN15isM&

very sad!

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oh gosh that is so sad. :(

michaela
January 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I did see that!! DH and I turned to each other and said "can you imagine?" Neither of us had any idea what we would do in that situation. So sad.

chachamama
January 27th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I hadn't seen that but just watched the YouTube video that was posted.

WOW that was heartbreaking. I'm torn on how I feel though - on one hand, I agree with you NBP.. but I really admire his decision to help care for her. To me, that is true love. Love isn't always easy..

Gus
January 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
She's still in there. You can tell by the look in her eyes and by the way she held his ticket up afterwards. I can't imagine how awful it would be to be stuck inside a body that isn't working. What ann awesome guy to stick by her.

nuthinbutpink
January 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM
He is an awesome guy, I just know if I were that girl and we had never been married, no kids, no strings, I would never want him to have to deal with any of that. He's a wonderful human being, no doubt. I guess my question is, how much does SHE love him?

BoyDreaming
January 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elaXeN15isM&

very sad!

Okay, I so shouldn't have watched that! Now I'm sitting in my office bawling. Lol. Gotta love pregnancy hormones.