PDA

View Full Version : Spotting at ^weeks+1

pebmcpd7
June 7th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I went to the toilet there and have seen like old brown blood, I panicked right away.
I rang my OB and have been told not to panic that it is likely implantation bleeding, and as it is brown it is likely old blood which means it is round a week old... Has this happened to any of you??
He told me to relax and if it does get any heavier he will see me on Monday for a scan..

dloui128
June 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I had spotting like that with DD2 and it only lasted a day

This pregnancy I have been spotting on and off now since week 10 and my Dr says it is because I have a vascular cervix. I wouldn't worry to much about it, like your Dr said if it is brown it is likely old blood and if it gets heavier I would definitely call

fresas
June 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
If you start feeling lower back aches, heavier bleeding (even if it is still brown), notice tissue in your urine, etc, go to the doctor immediately. Did they take your hCG level (blood test) or do an ultrasound?

If you are spotting following exercise or sex, that can be more common and probably nothing to be alarmed about, but always be safe than sorry.

Butterfly Spirit
June 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Oh Peb, I am so sorry. I know how horrrible it is to see any red when you go pee, be it dark brown, brown, brown, reddish brown, light red, or bright red.
You'll need to keep an eye on it and see if it changes color. I would go get a hcg check but no ultrasound or anything.
I regret going to the er when I first started bleeding after I stopped. It was April 29th They did an IV, blood draws, pelvic exsm, some swap during it..the ultrasound and Lord awful INVASIVE and very painful vaginal ultrasound (It gets painful when they look for your ovaries).. Well I don't know if it was meant to be or not but that night after all that crap I started cramping badly and when I wiped that night I lost my mucus plug.

By Wednesday May 2, I guess I had miscarried.. and they did the whole load of crap again. I remembered passing tissue before I went back to the ER.

HCG is the best way to find out if your pregnancy is viable or not.
Just go get a blood draw so you know what to go off of.

Don't freak out right now though, it makes it worse. It could be completely normal and there are more reasons than one to spot in early pregnancy.

Good luck! I hope that was the only one you'll see!

nuthinbutpink
June 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Brown is totally fine. I had that with my first and bright red with my fourth. I'm sure you're fine!

pebmcpd7
June 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM
It is now bright red, but not much (please God it does'nt get heavier), I have an appointment on Sunday. say a wee prayer for me everyone

fresas
June 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Oh no. :( I will be praying.

PeonyPrincess
June 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I had bright red spotting (small amounts) with DS1 a few times throughout the pg. It started at 5 weeks the first time. He is now a gorgeous 6 yo, so it can turn out ok. All the best for your appt on Sunday. Will be thinking of you.

pebmcpd7
June 8th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I have held it together all day, but now I can't stop crying, I think I am going to lose :tissue:

Butterfly Spirit
June 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm so very sorry Peb, I prayed!

Butterfly Spirit
June 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I have held it together all day, but now I can't stop crying, I think I am going to lose :tissue:

NOOOO don't give up yet!!!!!!!! Your sobbing and stress isn't good for your little one.

Maybe you should get Progesterone, it can't harm..only HELP!!!
It's not a sure thing it will work but it's a good idea in my opinion.

myGirl
June 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I am praying for you and your little one Peb. Don't give up hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dloui128
June 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry hun don't give up hope

pebmcpd7
June 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Was in for a scan and I lost some tissue while there they are going to analyse it.
The scan showed no baby, so I have likely lost :(
I have to go back next Friday to be sure it is not an etopic, but with no pain or cramps that is unlikely...
Back to the LE diet or should I just leave well enough alone.. I should be grateful and thankful to God for my 6 boys.
Could it of been a girl and I can't carry girls....
I think I'll drink a bottle of wine tonight and wallow!!!!
Good Luck to the rest of you on your journey.

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
OH no Peb, I only just now saw this. I'm so sorry.

The best science we have shows that anyone can carry a girl, please don't worry about that. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/824-you-cant-carry-baby-gender.html

Just take your time to recover for now and then when you feel stronger you can make up your mind what you want to do. Huge ((((hugs)))) and I'm thinking of you :heart:

dloui128
June 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'm so sorry hun

coocoobananas
June 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
So sorry:(

toomanyboys
June 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM
:( really sorry to hear this.....really sorry...:(

dramabird
June 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I'm so very sorry. :(