PDA

View Full Version : pre-O temps

lindi
January 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I noticed on another thread saw palmetto raising pre-O basal temps..and I've noticed mine are really raised this month (almost averaging 98.0) - and they started pretty high to begin with (old cycles averaging about 97.6) . I'm not on SP but on licorice and 3 cups of peppermint tea daily. I am also waking up in the middle of the night with my son almost every night... could that be causing the higher temps?

Another princess
January 27th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Well its definitely a good sign for you - your progesterone levels are obviously increasing and estrogen levels decreasing, which is exactly what you want to do to sway pink! Its most likely the pepermint tea and the diet taking affect (if of course you have started changing your diet) Not sure about the licorice root. You have to be careful with pepermint tea as it can actually start to increase your estrogen but by taking BBT you can identify when/if this is happening as your pre o temps will become lower. I just cant drink the stuff. i have tried really hard to like it. Bought different brand and leaves instead of tea bags but i just cant tolerate it. How do you find it?

Viene
January 28th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Another Princess is right, it's most likely the peppermint tea.

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
This is an awesome thread! I"m just learning about BBT and hormones so very helpful! Thanks lindi for asking and thanks AP and Viene for your answers!!

lindi
January 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I also just got a ovulation microscope- I thought would use it to monitor my estrogen because the ferning is caused by the rising estrogen as O approcahes. So high temps, no ferning seems to be a good sign? I hope its not just that my sleep is disrupted every night...

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
yeah, pp tea worked for me for a few days, then started to lower my pre o temps, so I got off it. I've seen other women have this happen to as well

lindi
January 29th, 2011, 05:07 PM
hmm I kinda wish the peppermint tea would lower my temps...I know you want high temps for girl sway but mine seem SO high

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
hmm I kinda wish the peppermint tea would lower my temps...I know you want high temps for girl sway but mine seem SO high

But I think that's good, right? I bought TCOYF and it seems like high temps = high progesterone, less estrogen. That's all good right??

lindi
January 30th, 2011, 04:31 PM
yeah, I guess! I shouldn't complain.... and now that I've solved that ferning thing I think all my herbs and vits are starting to work!