PDA

View Full Version : nearly 10 weeks sickness getting worse.... a tad bit fed up....:(

toomanyboys
June 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
OMG.....what can i say....just back from the loo.....puking my guts out....i mean the nausea has not stopped since week 6.5!!!! nausea with or without food...now i cannot eat without feeling rotten after..., feel hungy all the time.....please.....tell me it ends soon.....i look like a troll with rosy swollen face, eyes bulging from my skull.....and skin riddled with pimples and blemsihses.....it couldn't get any worse....never nearly so bad with any of my pregnancies.....maybe a little more nausea with ds3 and little vomiting with dd. (nothing whatsoever with ds1 or 2) but what the hell is this all about???? i am 37 do you think age has something to do with it??

MatildaMai
June 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM
My ob told me it often gets worse with successive pregnancies. And I'm sure age doesn't help. I am 39 and this was my 4th first trimester (I had twins and then two losses). I was A LOT sicker this time (with my DD) than with my twin boys. I was on Maxalon and Zofran - the strongest anti-emetics you can take and I still lost 5kgs in 6wks. Honestly it felt more like food poisoning than morning sickness. The meds stopped the vomiting but it somehow made the nausea feel worse if I didn't vomit. I started losing the urge to vomit as much around 10-11wks and weaned myself off the meds. And then I had a couple of wks of 'normal' morning sickness - just feeling nauseous all the time. Now I am actually having a couple of 'good' days where I just feel tired rather than really sick. But I am 15wks now.

coocoobananas
June 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
That is what mine is too matildamay! I have described it just as that ! Food poisoning! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy ...or would I;) so so awful! I am on Zofran and thought it was a miracle drug but it just takes it down a notch, I still feel bloody awful!!! I am hoping it feels worse this time because it's a different sex, but who knows maybe our bodies are like "really? You should have done this years ago!!"

Hobbermittens
June 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I think it gets worse with each pregnancy, or mostly did for me. #1 I wasn't very sick at all, #2 and #3 I was sick as a dog for 12 weeks (no puking, just constant nausea). THen with this pregnancy, I just felt a motion sick for about 16 weeks--not nearly as bad as my 2 previous pregnancies, but it lasted longer.

TTC5
June 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM
You poor thing! I had terrible MS with my 4 girls and none with this pregnancy (boy).

MatildaMai
June 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
That is what mine is too matildamay! I have described it just as that ! Food poisoning! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy ...or would I;) so so awful! I am on Zofran and thought it was a miracle drug but it just takes it down a notch, I still feel bloody awful!!! I am hoping it feels worse this time because it's a different sex, but who knows maybe our bodies are like "really? You should have done this years ago!!"

Do you know what I found helped the most? 100mg of Vit B6 morning and at bed time. And getting the acupuncturist to leave a tiny needle (which is attached to a sticking plaster) in the top of my ear in between my weekly appointments. I took the needle out one day and OMG! Started retching every 30mins! Had to go back to her to get it put back in the next day. I mixed the Zofran (which I took at 6am and 3pm) with Maxalon at bedtime as otherwise the constipation was diabolical. My other secret weapon was sipping grapefruit juice. Normally I hate the stuff. But it did help a little bit. Hope the next couple of months pass quickly for you!

coocoobananas
June 7th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks! I just came back from the acupuncturist and I feel like a new woman! I have needles still in my wrist and ear lobes! I didn't feel the nausea almost the whole time I was lying there, I could have cried!!
I think letting her know that I thought really bad heartburn was attributing to the nausea helped her pinpoint everything! I imagine it wont last but man, its seriously the relief I was looking for!
My mom reminded of the b6 too so yah, if I am feeling well enough to get it down I'll try that too, thanks for the tips!!:)

toomanyboys
June 7th, 2012, 11:38 PM
awww....thanks girls i may look into acupuncture.....it sounds like that will do it....its that i have 4 other children to care for and for one i have and cannot literally look after them properly as i cannot stand the sight of food....so cooking is a nighmarte....i heard of MS in early pregancny was wondering that i wasn't feeling anything in the early weeks...(i think i spoke to soon)....and now it is becoming unbearable....i am actually more relieved AFTER i vomit so the idea of taking zofran or anything to stop the vomiting and making me feel more nauseous is actually quite worrying for me so i think i may give that a miss..it is the nausea that is making me disfunctional......
i also asked cause i thought by 10 weeks + i should be feeling more energetic and less nauseous...but i am exhausted too.....
i just hope the next couple of weeks go quickly see what my local acupuncturist will manage to do.....they are actually chinese....hope they serve this purpose too......i know they help with dieting and other kind of ailments.....my next two scans and the 4 year long desire to finnaly have this baby when i was told i may never without IVF, is the only thing that keeps me smiling through moments when i feel like packing it all in.....:)...i know i am blessed and shouldn't moan...but OMG....talk about being on a merry go round like FOREVER!!!!

sweetsister
June 8th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Same thing is happening to me to..i think we are the same weeks,it used to be i felt the worst in the evenings but last few days it is all day,my house is a disaster i cant function at all, and next week i have to travel in an airplane!?! not sure i will be able to but i HAVE TOO!I was just thinking this morning of my last pregnancy ,and i remember at 10 weeks it got really bad too then slowly went away,so im positive we are at the hump,and it cant get worse ,:fingers:

The Anchor
June 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I had really bad MS with my DD, and NONE with my DS. I'm 38. With DD, it (FINALLY) went away around week 12. I feel for you!

toomanyboys
June 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
AND......another pleasant evening of PUKE!!!!geeeeeeezzzzzz...........:(:sigh:

at this rate i think i am going to puke out the baby instead.....like totally the wrong way out!!!!!!

toomanyboys
June 8th, 2012, 02:51 PM
i do realize no matter how much a fried up chicken or a chicken curry or a chicken sandwich entices me......i no longer take to CHICKEN....NOT AT ALL..cause as soon as i enjoy it going in one minute...it comes out with a vengance the next!!!

The Anchor
June 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Chicken was on my "no way" list when I was pg with DD. I feel so bad for you, I hope you are past this soon!

toomanyboys
June 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
i soooooooooooo hope this will be my DD....i eman i am going throuhg hell here i have 4 kids already....i wanted another baby but with proper swaying....this one has come form nowhere......i hope that obviously whatever it is healthy but if it is my DD these days of utter misery.....and disfunction will not have been in vain....:(.....and os yes water makes me nauseous too.....but i need to keep drinking in order to avoid causing myself to dehydrate and i get really bad headaches too....esp if i am dehydrated.....

toomanyboys
June 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
BTW.....for those who yet don't know already....this pg has been kept a secret by me even to my DH....lol.....reason being i didn't expect this to be a viable PG. due to my recurrent mc's....i had 2 scan's at 6w6d and at 8w5d..due to worry..i have not bothered telling dh yet because i have my first proper midwive's appointment and NHS ultrasound this coming tuesday.....YIKES....then sunday is father's day so will do the big reveal then....hopefully baby will be fine and i will finally be at ease sharing this news more openly....i wanted to tell dh....but father's day was coming up so thought what difference will a couple of extra days make plus it will be more reasuring as i wanted to save him of strees and distraction if things weren;t going to plan..........got myself a card which says on the front.....to the most fantastic daddy of 4..........and inside reads 'and one more' where i will attach my 10w4d ultrasound pic...LOL......can't wait...will be taking the kids to their aunts and doing it at special one to one dinner....only DH and Me with this card....whohoooo...and YIKes......

Ribbons
June 8th, 2012, 04:05 PM
BTW.....for those who yet don't know already....this pg has been kept a secret by me even to my DH....lol.....reason being i didn't expect this to be a viable PG. due to my recurrent mc's....i had 2 scan's at 6w6d and at 8w5d..due to worry..i have not bothered telling dh yet because i have my first proper midwive's appointment and NHS ultrasound this coming tuesday.....YIKES....then sunday is father's day so will do the big reveal then....hopefully baby will be fine and i will finally be at ease sharing this news more openly....i wanted to tell dh....but father's day was coming up so thought what difference will a couple of extra days make plus it will be more reasuring as i wanted to save him of strees and distraction if things weren;t going to plan..........got myself a card which says on the front.....to the most fantastic daddy of 4..........and inside reads 'and one more' where i will attach my 10w4d ultrasound pic...LOL......can't wait...will be taking the kids to their aunts and doing it at special one to one dinner....only DH and Me with this card....whohoooo...and YIKes......

Oh, how sweet! I bet that is going to be amazingly special...

coocoobananas
June 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Wow! That's amazing that you have kept it secret and been so sick!! There is no way I could have kept this misery from mine! Try squeezed lemon in ice water with a straw! I find it much easier to keep down than plain water... Not sure why?!?
Try some Accupuncture points for nausea. I was told to pinch just above my earlobes for a minute. Bizarre but I think it helps, also on your wrists... I am sure you can look them up on the Internet:) it doesn't make it go away but it eases it... I'm on Zofran too though and diclectin at night! What a mess!!

Hobbermittens
June 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM

You are great at keeping secrets!!

MatildaMai
June 8th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Wow - from DH? Love your reveal idea. I did same thing for our parents - mothers day card and scan pic. Priceless! Hardest thing was keeping my nearly 4yo twins from speaking to their grandparents on the phone for 5 weeks. Lucky I did because the first thing that came out of the youngest's mouth was: "I'm good thanks grandma. I don't have the vomiting like mummy! She has a baby in her tummy that makes her sick."

toomanyboys
June 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
aww....girls...trust me i have had my moments!!!!!!LOL......like the other day when the kids were to be put bed and i had some freid take away chiocken that was making its way out.....(not normally).....lol..and i yelled at hubby..for crying out loud could you put those kids to bed for me please.....when he saw me he was like OMG you look awful.....we won;t be ordering chicken from that palce again then....LOLOL.....i was like.....yes make sure of that...(under breath) at least for the next 6 months!!!!lolololol......
awww the twin atory is so funny......thats so sweet........no i have dropped some hints...like when hubby came back form the gym all raving how good he felt he done HIS session..he came near me and said...so when you going to start yours then....???....i am like.....uh.....maybe not now......i think i will aim to get bck into shape next year....LOLOLOL....
then there were a couple of nice quiet moments where i wanted to blurt it out.....but held back....i am also looking to book myself a 12 week NT scan..but father's day is next sunday.....and i am only going to be nearing 11 weeks....unless i book it before sunday next week (and i want to book it when it is the most best time for an NT i think 11 weeks may be a bit too early....) there is NO WAY i can keep this to myself another week...LOLOLOLOLOL....i will die i am dying to tell him....and finally use all my sickness excuses to get the lie ins i deserve......