PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about sylk or aci jel?.... diva cup

Coccinelle33
January 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
im trying to finish up getting all the main things i want in my sway and i have been thinking about maybe using one or both of these. it seems like there of been a lot of girls conceived with sylk. im a little worried about the aci jel though because i know for some it makes their ph go up. im not going to have a whole lot of time for testing before hand. what are your thought on these 1 things. good or bad idea?

also whats the deal with a diva cup. i read some where that some one was putting sylk all over a diva cut and inserting after bd. she was also using lime and would take the cup out and check the ph of whatever was in it and then add more lime. what do you think about that? what is a diva cup really used for?

thanks

chachamama
January 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Good questions... I'm tagging along for an answer.

I do want to say though, from my own experience swaying with DS2 (did not use the diva on the attempt we got pregnant, but tried it for a few months beforehand).. you have GOT to practice with the Diva ahead of time. It's not the easiest thing to get in and get situated. It's especially hard if you're putting sperm and/or sperm + lime in there and then trying to insert it. It's not impossible, just takes some practice. I'd suggest getting one and practicing with water ahead of time, so you're familiar with getting it in and removing it.

I think getting it in was OK for me but it was the removing it, trying not to spill it to test the pH that was difficult. I never really could do that part, but I know others could.

I agree with you though - from the attemps on IG, I think acijel & sylk both had great results. I think Atomic was going to look into these, so hopefully she will chime in when she gets the chance :D

When are you going to start swaying and what will you be doing? If you don't mind me asking!!

Coccinelle33
January 28th, 2011, 12:44 AM
i have a post here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1076-My-plan....-Thoughts in what im going to be doing... im thinking about adding the sylk or aci jel though. i was reading about it for an our or 2 last night and it seems to have had good results. im hoping to start the diet in 1-4 weeks. im nursing and still no af so i don't want to jump the gun. i was hoping for a may-august bfp but we'll see. i might try soy and see if it gets things going?

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I say YES to Sylk. People have been having great success with using it as part of a pink sway. Use it as a lube for BD.

A Diva cup is, in theory, supposed to up your odds of getting pregnant with a girl by keeping as much sperm as possible in the vagina and by lowering the pH, in theory it is supposed to freeze the Y sperm and allow the X sperm to fertilize the egg. It's relying totally on the idea of low pH to sway.

Since I have read some stuff that makes me think less sperm in the vagina may be better for pink, I"m not sure if I think the Diva cup is really the greatest idea for a pink sway. I personally think it may be better to do jump and dump afterwards and actually REDUCE the numbers of swimmers on scene. The Diva cup seems to do the opposite of that, unless your husband has superlow sperm count to begin with or if great numbers of sperm are being killed off by the low pH (which is entirely possible.)

I put basic directions for using the Diva in with the Douching section, but I will do a more in depth Diva cup essay. I wish I could clone myself!!! Thanks to all of you for having so much patience with me.

Coccinelle33
January 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
ok what about doing j & d, lime drop into v-j, and THEN the diva cup lined with sylk + more lime???

thanks for answering!!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I don't see the point of doing a Diva cup WITH a jump and dump.

Either you want to reduce your sperm numbers or you don't, it seems like they are kinda opposite in purpose.

I would say use Sylk as a lube, jump and dump, lime into VJ, and antihistamine.

chachamama
January 28th, 2011, 06:09 PM
The reason I wanted to do the divacup was because I get (TMI ALERT) very, very wet during intercourse. I can control whether I orgrasm, but I can not control the lube situation.. LOL Which in normal practice, is quite good... I was thinking that avoiding intercourse might be better for swaying pink in that situation.. any thoughts on that?

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
The reason I wanted to do the divacup was because I get (TMI ALERT) very, very wet during intercourse. I can control whether I orgrasm, but I can not control the lube situation.. LOL Which in normal practice, is quite good... I was thinking that avoiding intercourse might be better for swaying pink in that situation.. any thoughts on that?

Now that is a horse of another color and in that situation, it makes sense to use a Diva. Good idea!!

Coccinelle33
January 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
ok now im just lost lol

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 11:23 AM
If you're going to DTD and your husband will ejaculate inside AND you're going to do a jump and dump - you'll jump up right away and try to get rid of as much semen/sperm as possible to reduce the number of sperm on hand to fertilize the egg - then you shouldn't use a Diva because that will only keep MORE sperm inside. In other words, if you're using the idea of less semen/sperm to sway, you don't WANT to use something that will help increase the numbers of sperm that stay around your cervix.

If you're not even going to DTD at all like Chacha was describing, and rely more on pH and/or spermicide to sway and NOT try to mechanically reduce the number of sperm by jump and dump, then it makes sense to use a Diva cup with lime or Sylk or whatever. She has issues with too much CM when she DTD and the Diva would def. prevent that from happening.

Are we talking about the same thing here? J&D = jump and dump = get up right after sex and wipe as much semen/sperm away as possible? Or are we talking about some other meaning of J&D???

Coccinelle33
January 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM
yeah i understand now... i was confused because i was on another swaying board last night that i happened to stumble on while looking something up and they were saying to keep some kind of cup inside you while dtd and then take it out. im not sure what that was about?

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, we kinda fly differently around here. ;)

If you ever, ever have any questions about why I think a certain thing, ASK. There are reasons why I deviate from what is commonly recommended on some things.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I agree, I'm not a fan of the Diva Cup. I hate the fact that you have to constantly take it in and out. Plus, when I've tried it I almost had a panic attack because I couldn't get the damn thing out! I thought I was gonna have to go to the doctor and be totally embarassed. In the end, I got it out, but will not be using it for my sway ;)

Coccinelle33
January 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
lmao. i tried some type of ring in the past and couldn't get the damn thing in and then did and couldn't get it out forever. im to scared to use them again. do you think it would be better to stay away from the jels and lubes or do you think they help?

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Are you asking me or babydust??

I think YES they can absolutely help. If anything, I would stay away from DOUCHING because it's so complicated and may raise testosterone by giving you stress about it.

Coccinelle33
January 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
lmao. i tried some type of ring in the past and couldn't get the damn thing in and then did and couldn't get it out forever. im to scared to use them again. do you think it would be better to stay away from the jels and lubes or do you think they help?

i was asking you. thanks.

lindi
February 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
the diva cup is so stressful! I tried it and as I was putting it in, and the WORST moment it flopped open - OUCH. Home episiotomy.

Coccinelle33
February 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
ouch

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
the diva cup is so stressful! I tried it and as I was putting it in, and the WORST moment it flopped open - OUCH. Home episiotomy.

I totally agree! I"m not sure if it's worth the stress!!

jd03pd
February 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Instead of DTD, couldn't one have DH "help himself" with some Sylk, and then when he is ready, have him insert in to the VJ? Wouldn't that help a woman not to get too wet or have an orgasm? Just food for thought...

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Instead of DTD, couldn't one have DH "help himself" with some Sylk, and then when he is ready, have him insert in to the VJ? Wouldn't that help a woman not to get too wet or have an orgasm? Just food for thought...

thats a good idea!

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM

Yes absolutely! The only concern I would have is that with O+12, you may want to either douche or use Replens/Acijel/Sylk IN the vagina an hour before he makes his deposit to make sure that the pH is already down. And maybe a little dab of spermicide.

But, if you have low pH and dry CM due to taking an antihistamine, and/or if you are going for a cutoff with RepHresh, you may want to just leave it as it is because you need at least some sperm to survive to make it to the egg.