PDA

View Full Version : spacing children and gender

Coccinelle33
January 27th, 2011, 08:00 PM
does anyone know when your more likely to have the opposite gender? it seems like i read something on it before. all of my boys have been 2 years apart from the older child. my dd is under 2 years. anyone know?

Lilian78
January 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I suppose if you buy into the theory that your environment theory, the bigger the gap the more likely it is that your environment would be different (maybe would have the opposite gender). This is what I tell myself when I remember that I haven't naturally conceived a baby since early 2006 LOL. I also read something about nutrients not being fully restored until after 18 months. So maybe less nutrients=girl (so under 2 year gap=girl?).

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I don't think this is reliable at all and I wouldn't give it another thought.

I have spacing all over the map and it has made no difference at all. DS1 and DS2 31/2 years DS2 and DS 3 13 years DS 3 and DS 4 20 months.

wannahealthybaby
January 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. I am interested in the best spacing for opposite gender

rainbowflower
January 8th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think the only spacing thing that might sway is if you conceive soon after giving birth, because your nutrients and reserves are already at a low so you'd be more likely to fall with a girl.

I think the *best* spacing for an opposite is a different question to the OP, but not one I'm sure about seeing as I only have the one so far. I think most on here also only have one gender so wouldn't necessarily know...

nini
January 11th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I dont think this is a swaying factor, but there might be some truth in the fact that if you conceive quickly after giving birth esp while still breastfeeding and frequent night wakings, your body is run down and slightly more likely to conceive a girl. Also while breastfeeding Progesterone levels are hgiher and cm dry. I conceived my dd when ds was 7 months old and I was e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. :)

sixhappysons
January 11th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I have 11 months between DS1 & DS2 (would have been 10.5 but DS2 was overdue) so close has made no difference and 3 years between DS6 & DS7 (with an ivf surrobabe inbetween) and still no difference... :S

Princess of Pink
January 11th, 2012, 05:27 AM
DD1 & DD2 are 3yr 2mths apart
DD2 & DD3 are 21mths apart
DD3 & DD4 are 18mths apart
DD4 & DD5 are 22mnths apart