PDA

View Full Version : blood sugar question

janie
June 8th, 2012, 11:27 PM
ladies,
so i understand that we need to keep blood sugar low and not eat big meals. here is my problem. i wait until 12 to eat, and then can eat about 400 or 500 calories and be fine. but then i am hungry 3 hours later. so do i eat more and not snack, or eat smaller meals but then have an afternoon snack?
thanks!!!

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
you can eat 2-3 meals (optimal) or even 4 if you want to. You'll already spend many hours out of the day with very low blood sugar (because you're not eating from bedtime till noon the next day). When I talk about not snacking, I mean, don't eat constantly through the entire day every 15-30 minutes becasue that keeps your blood sugar level elevated all the time. It's best to wait to eat your next meal until you're actually hungry.

~Lotus Blossom~
June 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I just logged in to ask this very question! :)

I'm going 18 hours between dinner and lunch (big achievement for me!), but then I want to eat 2 or 3 hours after, and then again in another 2 or 3 hours for dinner. I'm not grazing / snacking at all, but find myself very hungry between the hours I allow myself to eat, like a hunger switch has been flicked once I start eating lunch, and I just want to eat more.

So I'm relieved to hear this is ok. I was beating myself up thinking I needed to go for longer between eating.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
No, once you've gone 18 hours you've gone long enough!!